4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Makes as much as rest of team as a whole :cookiemonster:

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think it's fully official yet but close to a deal, but that would be amazing! A player people actually will look forward to watching play and a face the rest of the league can recognize. But look at what else is written in the article:

"Lalas added that Jones is just one of several players the Fire are hoping to sign in an effort "remake the organization.""

The Fire turning things around? This would be an awesome step, please now, let's make this official by tomorrow morning.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I don't think it's fully official yet but close to a deal, but that would be amazing! A player people actually will look forward to watching play and a face the rest of the league can recognize. But look at what else is written in the article:

"Lalas added that Jones is just one of several players the Fire are hoping to sign in an effort "remake the organization.""

The Fire turning things around? This would be an awesome step, please now, let's make this official by tomorrow morning.

They needed to overhaul things, just a matter of getting it done.

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:

I hope this is true and gets done soon. I'm not getting anything done constantly checking for updates.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
:pray:

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I don't like seeing our top players come back to MLS. They need to be in Europe against top flight competition. This trend of our top guys coming back home to the U.S. has been increasing lately and I'm not sure why.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is this final? I don't know, good move I guess. More strange than anything else.

Its always about them dollars tho. And hey, if the MLS wants to and can afford to start giving out big dollars for more players..... Then I'm all for it. I mean, realistically, that's the secret right.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
I don't like seeing our top players come back to MLS. They need to be in Europe against top flight competition. This trend of our top guys coming back home to the U.S. has been increasing lately and I'm not sure why.

People should be okay with Jones doing it since he is 32 and has already played plenty of Champions League games for Schalke. I was upset that Bradley came back to MLS since he's in his prime, but with the money Toronto offered him it was hard for him to say no.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Something is fishy about this to me.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
Jones has REJECTED the Fire's offer.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1679...ermaine-jones-rejects-offer-from-chicago-fire

What he was offered would have put him in the top salaries in the MLS, and it was the highest any MLS team would have given but he rejected it. So, who knows where he will go now. It doesn't look like MLS.

Back to the normal boring look Fire.
probably talked to Andrew about other players joining the team and said I only get a real DP every 6 years.

So Jones said no thank you......

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This whole story has just been weird. Yallop said the other day that nothing is official and they are waiting to hear from Jones, after supposedly he said no.

This thread has been up for awhile now and it has been a weird week regarding this story. No idea what's going on.

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
This whole story has just been weird. Yallop said the other day that nothing is official and they are waiting to hear from Jones, after supposedly he said no.

This thread has been up for awhile now and it has been a weird week regarding this story. No idea what's going on.

Yeah... the last week has been strange. I really don't know what to think. We'll find out what was true in a couple days though.

I'm still waiting for the multiple transfers that will change the culture of the club.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
time is ticking for transfer window, it will be very disappointing if something doesnt get done with how this year has gone.

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
time is ticking for transfer window, it will be very disappointing if something doesnt get done with how this year has gone.

Just listened to a podcast that reminded me about this, but Jones is a FA. So apparently no deadline for his services.