A's acquire Lester and Gomes for Cespedes

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
This is quite good for the cubs if they intended to go after Lester after the season. A trade means they can place a QO on him after the season.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol what? idiot

Hawk! :fap: :fap:

Sox :fap: :fap: :fap:

Hahn! :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap::fap: :fap: :fap: :fap::fap: :fap: :fap: :fap::fap: :fap: :fap: :fap::fap: :fap: :fap: :fap::fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Hawk/Stone do have points though. If you don't win, what have you got?

I do wish Stoney would have said Beane is the worst excluding Harrelson. :)

I can't wait to hear what the excuse becomes if the A's win it all.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the best part for boston is he can sign w/the red sox in the offseason and still have cespedes.boston did well

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Put the crack pipe down thinking Lester will sign with the Cubs.

Where did I say he will sign with the cubs? I said it was good for them if they intend to go after him because they aren't dealing with a QO and pick compensation. It's a plus for 29 teams.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Okay, Mr. I own 45 businesses. Money talks above all other things. Figured someone who owns a business like yourself would figure that one out.
Contrary to what the Ricketts want you to think, sports aren't a pure dollars and cents business.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Cespedes, for all intents, is a decent major leaguer who returned a very good pitcher. Both teams won this trade.

It makes you wonder what Beane actually thinks of the players he gave up for Shark. Becuase right now you have the slurpers drooling about how Shark returned a better package then Price.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cespedes, for all intents, is a decent major leaguer who returned a very good pitcher. Both teams won this trade.

It makes you wonder what Beane actually thinks of the players he gave up for Shark. Becuase right now you have the slurpers drooling about how Shark returned a better package then Price.

exactly. especially your last paragraph. he isnt known to get fleeced.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay, Mr. I own 45 businesses. Money talks above all other things. Figured someone who owns a business like yourself would figure that one out.

it has nothing to do with that. players take less money all the time. do you think he wants to come everyday to the ballpark to lose knowing the team sucks over a few million dollars? think CO. think.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it has nothing to do with that. players take less money all the time. do you think he wants to come everyday to the ballpark to lose knowing the team sucks over a few million dollars? think CO. think.

Maybe he doesn't think that the Cubs will be losers. Think Dews. Think.

Besides, players take more money to go to losers all the time. Edwin Jackson could have gone to a winner, but he took the most money. Players take the most money all the time. Mariners got Cano by offering him more money. Angels got Pujols by offering him more money.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If they offer him the most money, he will.

Maybe he doesn't think that the Cubs will be losers. Think Dews. Think.

Besides, players take more money to go to losers all the time. Edwin Jackson could have gone to a winner, but he took the most money. Players take the most money all the time. Mariners got Cano by offering him more money. Angels got Pujols by offering him more money.

Because if there's one thing the Cubs have been over the past 105 years, its winners.

And nice backtrack, so basically this plan is full of shit and the Cubs will remain losers based on your logic.

Its humorous to see people fall all over themselves to defend the Cubs.