Bos trades Lackey to Cards

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Boston has lost Crawford, A-Gon, Beckett, Gomes, Lester, Dempster, Elsbury, Miller, Lackey, and Drew, have a struggling Buchholz and an aging Papi and Pedroia, with a weak free agent market coming up.

They have dealt these players and freed up money, got cost controlled players in return, have a top 3 farm system, are in a large market area and are poised to add players to their homegrown talent when they get to the majors.

Hmmm! Does this sound familiar?

:rolleyes: I love when people reassure themselves that things are 100% right! It is awesome!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it amusing that it was Cherington cleaning up Theos mess of 200 million dollars. but hey "sound familiar" ugh :puke:

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I find it amusing that it was Cherington cleaning up Theos mess of 200 million dollars. but hey "sound familiar" ugh :puke:

Is that part of the same mess that is helping aid the Dodgers now, and also who the A's and Cardinals just traded for?

Teams playing well generally don't make trades for shit at the deadline do they?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
carl Crawford? nope.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/crawfca02.shtml

2 players in beckett and gonzo aren't the main guys propelling the dodgers.

gonzo 262/324 isn't really just amazing.

beckett is the only one having a career year from that bunch

Crawford:sucks
gonzo:avg
beckett:great

mind you when cherington got rid of those guys and did his own thing they won the WS. just saying.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
carl Crawford? nope.

mind you when cherington got rid of those guys and did his own thing they won the WS. just saying.

In fairness it's not like Theo left the cupboard bare. The year he was essentially fired they won 90 games. Not saying Cherrington shouldn't get credit but it's more likely they had a down year prior to winning the WS based on a series of bad luck and then they returned to what they were prior to that year rather than them just falling off because "lol theo's bad."

Don't get me wrong, Crawford's contract was obviously a mistake and I'm sure Theo would say as much himself. But let's be real here, if the cubs had got Gonzo via trade and Crawford via FA people who hate on the organization right now would likely have a positive opinion of the moves. So, it's not like he signed Milton Bradley in a obvious "what the fuck are they doing" move.

The reality is you're not going to make the right move 100% of the time. Jackson is another example of this. You can logically defend the move at the time but he's just been ass since they signed him. However, if you look over most of his FA moves they should be viewed as positives. Not amazing moves that are unprecedented either but he's done a good job with what he's had in my opinion.

Liked Posts:
carl Crawford? nope.

Meh. Beckett helped the 07 Red Sox win the WS. And many if the guys on the 13 team were from the Theo regime. "Clean up his mess"? That's rich.