IST: Cubs At Dodgers Discussion Thread

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if a cubs mod is busy please make an IST

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
H-Ram....................................Gone!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
:fap:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Edwin Jackson on mound today... predicted 1st inning runs given up 4..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Well ill be.... all these years I never realized dodger stadium was built near what I assume was downtown LA until I saw that Arial view from outfield towards home plate... ive always seen the view towards the outfield where you see mountains, trees, hills and thought they resided in rural area...

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Chris Coghlan has been a really good pickup. He's one of the guy that got lambasted as a "look at this trash" type pickup. He's hitting .290/.362/.460 on the season of 226 PAs. And oddly enough they've done a pretty good job in general at picking up other people's trash and making them decent players.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Chris Coghlan has been a really good pickup. He's one of the guy that got lambasted as a "look at this trash" type pickup. He's hitting .290/.362/.460 on the season of 226 PAs. And oddly enough they've done a pretty good job in general at picking up other people's trash and making them decent players.
He's a bench guy and a nice guy at that

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Somebody needs to spend some time with Castro teaching him baseball, and baserunning.

This is the 3rd time this week he has failed to advance a base due to being "lost" mentally.

He just lined a hit up the middle with men on 2nd and 3rd, and practically walked to 1st. He clearly doesn't understand that when the play is made at home to try and get the 2nd runner, his job is to advance to 2nd.

On Monday, on a sac fly to RF, Alcantara scored from 3rd. The throw went home, and even got away from the catcher. But Castro stood on first, totally oblivious.

On Tuesday, it was worse. He was on 2nd when the batter lined a deep fly to right-center. The CF made a great diving play, but was going away from the IF, and landed on the ground, sliding. Castro failed to advance. He went part way to 3rd while the ball was in the air, then went back toward 2nd, but stopped in the basepath - no man's land. Once the ball was caught, he could do nothing.

Seriously......somebody TEACH this kid.

And for the record, I am a fan and defender of Castro. So I am not looking to nitpick. Quite the opposite. I root for him always, and have stated many times I don't want the Cubs to trade him now.

But he has to play the game properly. The Cardinals would not allow this from their players. Why do we?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Come on yankees give hoyer a call for Jackson, he just might be getting hot....... ; ))

The beauty of the situation (if one can call it that, given his ugly contract) is that if he doesn't clear waivers, we still win. Let him go.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

Coughlan, Ruggiano, and Valbuena would be worth keeping as spot starters, or replacements to the kids that have their expected growing pains.

I think those three would be great complimentary players, and you wouldn't lose a ton if they had to stay in the line-up for a while at any given point of the season.