Liked Posts:
Great. He's a bust.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Im calling it.. first major league hit.. grand salami

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Maybe we'll get extras and another Baez PA. Maybe a go ahead HR?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Castro to Baez to Rizzo for the next 10+ years

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schierholtz really shit the bed. Need Strop to send this to extras.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most of baseball people on ESPN MLB Network ETC feel with his (russell ) size he could move to 3B or OF

Everything I've read says he has a better glove than Castro. I don't care about size, I want the best SS to be playing SS.

BAEZ TIME!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Not exactly the debut wr hoped for.. oh well, here to 3 hits and a dinger in his 2nd game

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Everything I've read says he has a better glove than Castro. I don't care about size, I want the best SS to be playing SS.

BAEZ TIME!
Yea now... but the feel is he will grow out of the position

http://www.scoutingbook.com/players/p3035

The Cubs farm, circa late 2014, might be the richest farm system of the last decade. A Florida prep infielder with a plus power bat and better than average speed, shortstop Addison Russell will probably grow out of the position very soon, but he'll look quite good as a third baseman, too. No matter where he plays, he's one of the best hitting prospects in this or any system, and while he might not be quite as far along as a few of the other Chicago prospects, his ceiling is of the highest order. When he arrives, it'll be with a big, sweet thump.

8/1/2014

Bio Update

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea now... but the feel is he will grow out of the position

http://www.scoutingbook.com/players/p3035

The Cubs farm, circa late 2014, might be the richest farm system of the last decade. A Florida prep infielder with a plus power bat and better than average speed, shortstop Addison Russell will probably grow out of the position very soon, but he'll look quite good as a third baseman, too. No matter where he plays, he's one of the best hitting prospects in this or any system, and while he might not be quite as far along as a few of the other Chicago prospects, his ceiling is of the highest order. When he arrives, it'll be with a big, sweet thump.

8/1/2014

Bio Update

Doesn't sound very convincing to me. If he is Larkin-esque, like Beane said, why would you ever think twice about it?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shit, Castro just missed it. To much top spin. 30th double of the year.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Doesn't sound very convincing to me. If he is Larkin-esque, like Beane said, why would you ever think twice about it?

I don't know if Beane said that or not, but I believe he did say that he compared him as being one of the best three coachable prospects he has ever had. The other two being Miguel Tejada and Eric Chavez.

Still not bad company. Lets hope he pans out like any of those guys did.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
For the love of all that is holy, somebody teach Castro the game of baseball, and how to run the bases. Beginning with how to run from home plate.