Best Tic Sources?.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I have not been to the UC since Jordan was in uniform, and more importantly have never been to a hockey game...at any level.

So I'm really looking forward to attending my first Hawks game, only not looking forward to spending $400 a pop on decent seating.:D

The cost is not prohibitive, but of course it would be nice to save a few bucks if possible.

If anyone knows of better ticket sources outside the mainstream google searches, and would be kind enough to share...

It would be much appreciated,

=)

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have not been to the UC since Jordan was in uniform, and more importantly have never been to a hockey game...at any level.

So I'm really looking forward to attending my first Hawks game, only not looking forward to spending $400 a pop on decent seating.:D

The cost is not prohibitive, but of course it would be nice to save a few bucks if possible.

If anyone knows of better ticket sources outside the mainstream google searches, and would be kind enough to share...

It would be much appreciated,

=)

I've seen games from behind the glass, from the bench all the way to standing for games at the Chicago Stadium. The most expensive seats are definitely NOT the best place to see a game. Get yourself elevated to see everything that's going on but try to avoid the corners....something between the bluelines is best but directly behind the net is also a favorite of mine for watching plays develop. Shop for 200 or 300 level seats at the UC. Sightlines and amenities are much improved at the UC but the Chicago Stadium had a hockey ambience that will never be beat.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I've seen games from behind the glass, from the bench all the way to standing for games at the Chicago Stadium. The most expensive seats are definitely NOT the best place to see a game. Get yourself elevated to see everything that's going on but try to avoid the corners....something between the bluelines is best but directly behind the net is also a favorite of mine for watching plays develop. Shop for 200 or 300 level seats at the UC. Sightlines and amenities are much improved at the UC but the Chicago Stadium had a hockey ambience that will never be beat.

Thanks, I am finding a more comprehensive search is yielding better pricing.

If given the choice for the same price, would you take:

A. Section 216, somewhere in first 5 rows or...
B. Section 107, row 1?....

http://www.unitedcenter.com/venue/seating-charts/

I miss the old barn.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Blackhawks have their own ticket broker which is not only cheaper but with a much better selection of seats than say Stubhub or a place like that. I'd stay away from the 100 section as I think you miss a lot by sitting there, better than on the glass but not as good as a 200 or 300 IMOP. I think you'll be most pleased with the seats in 216.

This is pretty close to a 200 section view...not exactly but close.

3_233_chi_det_1213_h_continuous_1600K_16x9_1.jpg

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
For the secondhand ticket market, your search should begin with SeatGeek.com. It's a search engine for all the secondhand ticket places like Stubhub, eBay, etc.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
The Blackhawks have their own ticket broker which is not only cheaper but with a much better selection of seats than say Stubhub or a place like that. I'd stay away from the 100 section as I think you miss a lot by sitting there, better than on the glass but not as good as a 200 or 300 IMOP. I think you'll be most pleased with the seats in 216.

This is pretty close to a 200 section view...not exactly but close.

3_233_chi_det_1213_h_continuous_1600K_16x9_1.jpg

I found section 217 dead center ice row 9 for $250.

Ticketmaster is the Hawks sponsored agency on the official website, only ticketmaster has nothing but pre-season.

Question for anyone, why do prices steadily increase as the season does?. For example tickets for a November game are considerably less than the same teams playing in March.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Ticketmaster is the Hawks sponsored agency on the official website, only ticketmaster has nothing but pre-season.

Question for anyone, why do prices steadily increase as the season does?. For example tickets for a November game are considerably less than the same teams playing in March.

$250....WTF. I haven't been there since 2010 but damn, that sounds high. Is that what they go for now? Well, regardless....you will LOVE those seats. Check it out below.

http://scorehockeytickets.com/arena-seat-photos/western-conference-seats/united-center-chicago/section-217

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
$250....WTF. I haven't been there since 2010 but damn, that sounds high. Is that what they go for now? Well, regardless....you will LOVE those seats. Check it out below.

http://scorehockeytickets.com/arena-seat-photos/western-conference-seats/united-center-chicago/section-217

That price is for a non-rival opponent, on a school night. Any matinee game, weekend, or a past playoff opponent(even weeknights)...add $100 to those club level seats.

Even section 300 can get pricey up front on center.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That price is for a non-rival opponent, on a school night. Any matinee game, weekend, or a past playoff opponent(even weeknights)...add $100 to those club level seats.

Even section 300 can get pricey up front on center.

What the...? I'm officially priced out of Hawk games. Last time we went(2010), my son popped for the seats....I thought he said he payed like $75 a seat. 200 level. Wow. I used to pay $10 for standing room in the Stadium for games. Thank God for the new regime and a big thanks to HD broadcasts.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Where did you find those tickets? I ask because Blackhawks announced today that single-game tickets go on-sale Monday morning. You're likely buying those from a season ticket holder who already has theirs.

As for your second question ... to my knowledge, the Hawks don't raise the face value of ticket prices over the course of the season until the playoffs (with the exception of weekend games and big-name opponents). But I'd be willing to bet that the secondhand ticket market (Gold Coast Tickets, Stubhub, etc.) go up as the season wears on. Why is that? Because the Hawks usually get lost in the Chicago sports scene for the first few months while the Bears season is ongoing. In fact, that's the best time to search for Hawks tickets: October and November. By December, the Hawks are back in everyone's minds and prices climb. They only get higher as the season goes on and hockey becomes the main attraction in town (unless the Bulls go crazy this winter).

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Where did you find those tickets? I ask because Blackhawks announced today that single-game tickets go on-sale Monday morning. You're likely buying those from a season ticket holder who already has theirs.

As for your second question ... to my knowledge, the Hawks don't raise the face value of ticket prices over the course of the season until the playoffs (with the exception of weekend games and big-name opponents). But I'd be willing to bet that the secondhand ticket market (Gold Coast Tickets, Stubhub, etc.) go up as the season wears on. Why is that? Because the Hawks usually get lost in the Chicago sports scene for the first few months while the Bears season is ongoing. In fact, that's the best time to search for Hawks tickets: October and November. By December, the Hawks are back in everyone's minds and prices climb. They only get higher as the season goes on and hockey becomes the main attraction in town (unless the Bulls go crazy this winter).

Stubhub has/had them, same seats for multiple early season games.

So am guessing re-sold by season tic holder.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

Hi

Would you(or anyone)happen to know off-hand if those television cams in section 217 obstruct any of the seating views?.

I'm down to 2 games as my final options, but cannot find any photos showing views from that section...only pics of 100 and 300 and goal area 200.

TY

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hi

Would you(or anyone)happen to know off-hand if those television cams in section 217 obstruct any of the seating views?.

I'm down to 2 games as my final options, but cannot find any photos showing views from that section...only pics of 100 and 300 and goal area 200.

TY

Honestly, have no clue. But I haven't heard anyone complain about the sightlines in the UC. I doubt that platform has any impact on your view of the game.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hi

TY

Judging from these reviews at the Rate Your Seats website, there's no issue.