Quesadillas

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So I have been trying to make a good quesadilla at home and have not made anything great.

Anyone else make em at home? Have any tips? Best tortillas to use? Best cheeses to use?

Thus far I have just been throwing the tortillas down on a butter greased pan I get hot and I throw some Taco mix shredded cheese in between and when its done I eat it with some salsa.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're partial to Mission tortillas. I like mine with some chicken or steak and black beans. Sour cream is a winner on the side as well

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The more I think about it, you can just use whatever blend of cheese that you like and that will probably work fine. I don't know what they use in restaurants, but if you use what you like best, it should taste better.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dry non-stick pan, bro. Medium-low heat. No butter.
I usually make them this way, but the tortilla doesn't quite get the same type of crisp as those restaurant ones do. Perhaps they grease their pan/grill?

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I usually make them this way, but the tortilla doesn't quite get the same type of crisp as those restaurant ones do. Perhaps they grease their pan/grill?

what brett said above.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Chihuahua cheese shredded

I was told this by someone else as well.... do they sell this in the grocery store packaged or do you have to buy a block of it somewhere and shred it yourself?

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
I think Monterey Jack turns out pretty well. I use a dry cast iron pan on med low heat and do full circle ones (with a whole tortilla on each side like a sandwich) and cut it when it's done.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Monterey Jack turns out pretty well. I use a dry cast iron pan on med low heat and do full circle ones (with a whole tortilla on each side like a sandwich) and cut it when it's done.
How you go about flipping those? I tried it once and failed lol

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This is how I do it.... cast iron pan, 2 tortillas.

Have not tried monty jack..... I may try all the ideas I get here lol and just see what turns out best.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
I use a plastic plate that is slightly smaller than the pan. When it's ready I just slide the plate under the quesadilla and lift the whole thing up and then put my hand on top (on the cool side) and flip it onto my hand then set it gently down onto the pan. The cheese is usually melted enough to hold it together at this point.

I also press the quesadilla a few times with my hand before I flip it to kind of press the whole thing together.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I was told this by someone else as well.... do they sell this in the grocery store packaged or do you have to buy a block of it somewhere and shred it yourself?
Tony shreds it
Lots of places sell it in bags but not as good

I do buy it in brick and shred myself

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Never flip. Cheese on half and fold half way

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also agree about it not being as good if you buy it shredded. Also the jalapeno Chihuahua cheese is awesome.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I also agree about it not being as good if you buy it shredded. Also the jalapeno Chihuahua cheese is awesome.
I add them afterwards w fresh pico and homemade verde

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Never flip. Cheese on half and fold half way
This is what I do. It works quite well. :)

I tried doing the two tortilla thing because that's what it seems like they do when you order it at restaurants. I could be mistaken though.