Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If you can wrap your mind around the timer counting up and the lack of beer commercials...you'd enjoy it......but yes I get your point...it is a step above Lacrosse in this country.
Not for long. Lacrosse is eminently more watchable and rising in popularity.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I probably shouldn't praise arsenal considering I still bartend every blue moon in the southeast's biggest Liverpool bar . They would kill me if I said that

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Arsenal United beats Real Manchester FC

Or some shite.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
I probably shouldn't praise arsenal considering I still bartend every blue moon in the southeast's biggest Liverpool bar . They would kill me if I said that

To hell with Liverpool and their chomping star!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Suarez is long gone out of the EPL

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not for long. Lacrosse is eminently more watchable and rising in popularity.

It's gaining popularity but lacrosse has a much, much longer way to go than soccer does. Lacrosse is still a relatively young sport in the states when compared to soccer. From what I understand, it's been around in New England for a while but not many other places. It is gaining some steam here in NW Indiana, though.

Also, lacrosse tends to be played by obnoxious frat boys from the rich, predominantly-white suburbs. Which makes that sport infinitely more annoying than soccer.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
It's gaining popularity but lacrosse has a much, much longer way to go than soccer does. Lacrosse is still a relatively young sport in the states when compared to soccer. From what I understand, it's been around in New England for a while but not many other places. It is gaining some steam here in NW Indiana, though.

Also, lacrosse tends to be played by obnoxious frat boys from the rich, predominantly-white suburbs. Which makes that sport infinitely more annoying than soccer.

Lax is nowhere near soccer in this country. Soccer is closer to hockey than it is to lacrosse (still not very close).

The Premier League - located in England - is making $83M per year on its US TV deals alone. MLS is going to be making $90M per year on its new deal.

Lacrosse has semi-popular indoor teams in Denver, Buffalo and Toronto, and outdoor teams in Denver and Boston... but Denver's indoor team is owned by the owner of the Avalanche and Nuggets (as well as Arsenal, Rams, Rapids) and the outdoor team by the Broncos, while Buffalo is owned by the Sabres and Toronto has close ties to MLSE (owner of the Maple Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC and Marlies)... and still don't come close to drawing as much interest as MLS teams in their markets (Buffalo doesn't have one).