MLS All Star Game

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
Great game so far, some astounding goals too by Wright Phillips and Lewandowski. Fantastic showing by Henry, Dempsey, Yedlin, and Martins.

This is actually my first MLS All Star game I've seen, but will definitely be watching in the future. Anyone else watching?

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pep is such a bitch.

Zlatan was/is 100% correct about him! Zlatan called him a coward, to his face if I remember correctly.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Pep is such a bitch.

Zlatan was/is 100% correct about him! Zlatan called him a coward, to his face if I remember correctly.

No, he didn't call him that to his face he said it in his book just b/c he was salty he didn't play much at Barcelona. Pep has the right to get pissed off for Alonso and W. Johnson playing dirty in a meaningless friendly. Bastian Schweinsteiger left the game with an ankle injury.

Watch your mouth and respect the legend Guardiola.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, he didn't call him that to his face he said it in his book just b/c he was salty he didn't play much at Barcelona. Pep has the right to get pissed off for Alonso and W. Johnson playing dirty in a meaningless friendly. Bastian Schweinsteiger left the game with an ankle injury.

he has the right to be upset, but the MLS coach couldn't control that moment so Pep should've had more class and still shook his hand, that was a very disappointing moment so no we should not respect Pep for that.

On a more positive note, happy to see my favorite player since i first started watching soccer (Henry) play so well :D

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great game all around. Very enjoyable to watch. Awesome stuff from Henry, Donovan, and the rest of the squad.

Lewandoski had 2 amazing chances in the first , what, 8 minutes and converted one into an amazing goal. But, credit due, I don't really remember hearing from him rest of the game. And when the full German squad started pouring in within the last 10 minutes I did get a bit worried lol , but we held on.

As for the whole hard tackles no handshaking thing, all I'll say is I like the way Porter handled it. Just adds another storyline to a game filled with em.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Thanks for the correction. But Caleb Porter idolized Pep. And Porter had done nothing wrong. Pep and the finger wave was bitch made.

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
The goals if anyone missed them.

PowerlessLiveArmadillo.gif

CreamyMelodicGypsymoth.gif

TenseBrokenFulmar.gif

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the correction. But Caleb Porter idolized Pep. And Porter had done nothing wrong. Pep and the finger wave was bitch made.

Yeah, I will say that Pep overreacted but supposedly him and Porter shook hands in the locker room according to Ives.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Pep saying he didn't see Porter :lol:

Those "tackles" were barely anything at all, but whatever :shrug:

Those tackles might have been okay if it was a competitive game but not for a friendly all star game. Will Johnson's tackle injured Schweinsteiger.

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I will say that Pep overreacted but supposedly him and Porter shook hands in the locker room according to Ives.

Yeah I saw that so it's all good :clap:

Those tackles might have been okay if it was a competitive game but not for a friendly all star game. Will Johnson's tackle injured Schweinsteiger.

Johnson's was completely incidental, and it was nowhere near what Alonso's tackle was. I'll give you Alonso's tackle, but even then that kind of tackle is completely standard in regular games. Might be a tad rough for an all star game, but being a defensive destroyer is ingrained into his play. If that was the worst tackle in a game, it was an exceptionally safe game.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forgot to say I don't care if Donavon had a dinky goal to win the match, I don't think he was that impressive. Henry looked great and although he didn't score I think he was still ye best player on the field for MLS and should've won MVP

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Forgot to say I don't care if Donavon had a dinky goal to win the match, I don't think he was that impressive. Henry looked great and although he didn't score I think he was still ye best player on the field for MLS and should've won MVP

Agreed

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:

Agreed x2. Maybe they knew Donovan was thinking about retiring?