Best Fast Food

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pollo Tropical hands down. They should have these everywhere, too bad it's mostly FL.

Your vote?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite places are Portillo's and Culvers.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Portillo's needs to do a national roll out.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good times, Chipotle, Noodles & Co, Panda Express & Culver's. Not necessarily in that order but those are probably my top five. I would also like to stress that I eat at these places pretty infrequently. I would much rather have a home cooked meal but these places fill in nicely when I cant

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yep - I'm with you. I very rarely eat fast food. When I do it's usually a matter of trying to find something as unfastfoodlike (making up words) as possible.

Edit> I'd never heard of Noodles & Co. That Thai Hot Pot looks pretty good. Apparently two in the area, will have to check it out some time.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Cookout, their shakes are awesome

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Outside of mom and pop places which are THE BEST...I like Steak and Shake. Black Pepper fries, great shakes, great pancakes and spicy sausage.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Jimmy John's...tasty, healthy, and can be safely eaten while driving.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Outside of mom and pop places which are THE BEST...I like Steak and Shake. Black Pepper fries, great shakes, great pancakes and spicy sausage.

Agree - I wasn't really counting mom and pop places in this. I don't really consider most of those "fast food", but I suppose it depends on your definition.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yep - I'm with you. I very rarely eat fast food. When I do it's usually a matter of trying to find something as unfastfoodlike (making up words) as possible.

Edit> I'd never heard of Noodles & Co. That Thai Hot Pot looks pretty good. Apparently two in the area, will have to check it out some time.
Yeah, I don't go to the chains very often anymore. I'm more into independent joints, which are far and few between in the suburbs here.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Agree - I wasn't really counting mom and pop places in this. I don't really consider most of those "fast food", but I suppose it depends on your definition.
You don't have them by you?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Mom and pop can serve fast food.

A good example are these Chicago hot dog places. You may see them as one-off. But 95% of them buy their materials from the same source, cook the food the same way, and use the same recipes. It's not far off a chain.

*cough* Portillos* aint special.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't really consider places like Steak N Shake and Portillo's to be true fast food, but if we're counting those they are right at the top.

In N Out, Chik Fil A, and Chipotle are right up there too.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't really consider places like Steak N Shake and Portillo's to be true fast food, but if we're counting those they are right at the top.

In N Out, Chik Fil A, and Chipotle are right up there too.

Steak N Shake didnt use to be fast food at all, but as they became a larger chain they certainly acted like one.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I gotta give a thumbs down to Chipolte. I'd rather have Los Burritos Mexicanos or El Burrito Mexicano

For me Chipolte is just bleh, maybe a step ahead of Friaco's. It's sterile for me.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I gotta give a thumbs down to Chipolte. I'd rather have Los Burritos Mexicanos or El Burrito Mexicano

For me Chipolte is just bleh, maybe a step ahead of Friaco's. It's sterile for me.
They make some dang good guac though

Iwritecode

Liked Posts:
Steak N Shake didnt use to be fast food at all, but as they became a larger chain they certainly acted like one.

Steak N Shake is like a hybrid. When you go inside you get seated, have a waitress give you a menu, take your order and serve your food to you at the table. Yet they also have a drive-thru.

My favorite fast-food places are Sonic, Checkers (when I can find one) and Beef-A-Roo. The chicken cordon-bleu from Arby’s is probably my favorite non-burger sandwich though.