Best Fast Food

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
In-N-Out is the only fast food that I enjoy. It's unbelievable how popular that place is. There are huge lines at every location I've been to, and I've heard that cities are now requiring new locations to be built at the back of the lot, so as not to create traffic jams in the street.

Stangboy124

Backing Vocalist
Liked Posts:
Portillo's needs to do a national roll out.
I second that emotion. It's been years since I've been back to the Chicago area, and I've been craving Portillo's badly for a while now...

I also never thought I'd say this, but Hardee's/Carl's Jr. is also pretty damn tasty. They've done a complete 180 from just a few years ago. They seem to take great pride in the unhealthiness of their entire menu, God bless 'em...

Oh, forgot to mention: Checkers/Rally's is still around. That's my wife's favorite spot.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've only had Hardee's a couple times, but it's been pretty good each time.

Stangboy124

Backing Vocalist
Liked Posts:
Hardees likes to fry everything and use tons of butter, mayonnaise, cheese, and bacon. It's heavenly :)

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I don't really consider places like Steak N Shake and Portillo's to be true fast food, but if we're counting those they are right at the top.

In N Out, Chik Fil A, and Chipotle are right up there too.

Why isn't Portillos "true" fast food?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why isn't Portillos "true" fast food?
I guess Portillos is on the border. Imo it wasn't really fast enough to be considered fast food. I guess you could compare it to Wendy's so...:shrug:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I guess Portillos is on the border. Imo it wasn't really fast enough to be considered fast food. I guess you could compare it to Wendy's so...:shrug:

In reality I don;t think I have ever really waited more than two minutes at Portillos. From taking my order, to paying, all before I actually enter the drive thru. Then having food delivery to the car via the double lane approach. I'd call it fast food.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In reality I don;t think I have ever really waited more than two minutes at Portillos. From taking my order, to paying, all before I actually enter the drive thru. Then having food delivery to the car via the double lane approach. I'd call it fast food.
Eh perhaps the one I go to is just crowded. I've had to wait an average of like 10-15 minutes. Not that it's too slow or anything, but a little slow for fast food imo.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Eh perhaps the one I go to is just crowded. I've had to wait an average of like 10-15 minutes. Not that it's too slow or anything, but a little slow for fast food imo.

That's Red Robin Speed.

The one downtown is slow. The one in Naperville, Shorewood has been my speed places

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's Red Robin Speed.

The one downtown is slow. The one in Naperville, Shorewood has been my speed places
I've only been to Portillo's in a couple places (Vernon Hills, Schaumburg, Skokie), but it's been about that same speed at each place. Go figure.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I've only been to Portillo's in a couple places (Vernon Hills, Schaumburg, Skokie), but it's been about that same speed at each place. Go figure.

More people.

Hey, when did you become staff? CONGRATS!!!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More people.

Hey, when did you become staff? CONGRATS!!!
Yeah crowds will do that. Not that I blame them or anything...it's dang good food. Actually for the amount of people they serve the wait really isn't that bad.

I think it was a couple days ago. Never saw it coming lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah crowds will do that. Not that I blame them or anything...it's dang good food. Actually for the amount of people they serve the wait really isn't that bad.

Portillo's for me is either really fast or really slow. There's times I'm the first of my group to order and the last to receive my order. Everyone else is already sitting down. Other times i order first and I get my food really fast and if I'm so hungry I'm done eating before my second friend even sits down lol.

I think it was a couple days ago. Never saw it coming lol

I saw mine coming, but I was told I was being talked up to becoming a mod for awhile. CBMB became the excuse needed to make that happen. I guess no one warned you!

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Are there still Checkers? I thought Rally's bought them out. They were the exact same place with just two different names.

There is a checkers in Bellwood. They just opened right on Mannheim just south of Lake st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Portillo's italian beef (can't wait to have this whenever I want once I move up north)
Arby's large beef and cheddar
Jimmy John's Vito, also the Gargantuan when I'm starving

Down south for you northern folks, Charleston and Mattoon each have a place called McHugh's Double Drive Thru. I love their burgers. Their fries are identical to McDonald's too.

When you move up North places you have to check out that have way better beefs than Portillo's.

Al's #1 Beef, Mr. Beef, Duke's Drive Inn, Luke's You'll never eat a beef at Portillo's again.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When you move up North places you have to check out that have way better beefs than Portillo's.

Al's #1 Beef, Mr. Beef, Duke's Drive Inn, Luke's You'll never eat a beef at Portillo's again.

Luke's is good stuff.... There is actually a Luke's out in Tucson Arizona as I recall..... went there once when we were out in Arizona visiting an Aunt.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
So I change my mind on Chic Filet A. Went today and got the chicken nuggets and waffle fries. Fries were great, nuggets were completely drenched in oil. Took a bite and oil squirted out, nasty shit.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So I change my mind on Chic Filet A. Went today and got the chicken nuggets and waffle fries. Fries were great, nuggets were completely drenched in oil. Took a bite and oil squirted out, nasty shit.

When they opened one up near where I used to work summers doing Landscaping we went and gave it a shot.... It was just ok.... I did like the waffle fries, but the chicken was nothing special which was disappointing. If I was hungry and people chose it, I would be willing to give it a shot but otherwise I have stayed away.