Durant withdraws from Team USA

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Forwards:

Mason Plumlee, Chandler Parsons, Gordon Hayward, Kenneth Faried. =/= Kevin Durant.

This isn't 1990 and the rest of the world sucks. The FIBA Championship is looked at as more prestigious than the Olympics to the rest of the world so there is a chance the US could lose this thing and be embarrassed again.

You left out Anthony Davis. They have plenty of NBA talent left to deploy a sick squad, don't worry about it.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I guess someone is realizing that a 7'1" Marc Gasol, a 7'0" Pau Gasol, and a 6'10" Serge Ibaka makes for a pretty good front line, especially with Rubio dishing the ball. Throw in the Euro rules and Spain playing at home............ and...

crickets-640x350.jpg

:aj:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
USA has won with small lineups before. Granted, there's no Melo or Kobe or Lebron on this team like in past Olympics and this roster doesn't have Durant or PG which obviously sucks, but the US has the best backcourt options in the world. I mean...John Wall and Bradley Beal just got cut last week. Those would be the stars on any other country's team.

We still have Anthony Davis, Chandler Parsons, Gordon Hayward, and Faried up front. It's not as sexy as Durant, but it'll work, especially when you consider that Durant would still be overmatched against the Gasols and Ibaka anyway defensively. Thus, however we defend Spain will be the same because Hayward, Thompson, and Parsons face the same issues. Offensively, they can still hit 3s and create their own shots off the bounce so while it is still a step down, it's manageable.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
USA has won with small lineups before. Granted, there's no Melo or Kobe or Lebron on this team like in past Olympics and this roster doesn't have Durant or PG which obviously sucks, but the US has the best backcourt options in the world. I mean...John Wall and Bradley Beal just got cut last week. Those would be the stars on any other country's team.

We still have Anthony Davis, Chandler Parsons, Gordon Hayward, and Faried up front. It's not as sexy as Durant, but it'll work, especially when you consider that Durant would still be overmatched against the Gasols and Ibaka anyway defensively. Thus, however we defend Spain will be the same because Hayward, Thompson, and Parsons face the same issues. Offensively, they can still hit 3s and create their own shots off the bounce so while it is still a step down, it's manageable.

Can't disagree, but the whole convo started with the other guy saying it wasn't a blow losing Durant, and that it'll be a cakewalk for team USA.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Can't disagree, but the whole convo started with the other guy saying it wasn't a blow losing Durant, and that it'll be a cakewalk for team USA.

Really? That's what I said? You're a god damn disgrace.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hyperbole. He said that they'd still field a good roster. Perhaps he underplayed Durant's loss a little, but I think the main point is that Team USA isn't screwed because Durant isn't playing.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Hyperbole. He said that they'd still field a good roster. Perhaps he underplayed Durant's loss a little, but I think the main point is that Team USA isn't screwed because Durant isn't playing.

Hey, whatever, if you think this guy said anything, then so be it. Yet, some people are saying that Spain could be the favorite. I still like Team USA, but it's not gonna be as easy as this DBag was making it out to be.

Durant deserves a break.

There are more than enough NBA stars on that team to represent 'Murica and bring back the FIFA coffee mug or whatever.

Tell me you aren't serious.

I guess not having LeBron on the team is a huge blow too, right?

Yeah, gonna be a big blow against Azerbaijan.

The only thing big about Durant taking some well-earned time off is your overreaction to it.

Have you seen the USA roster?

The guy's nothing but a troll. Why do you think he keeps getting banned? And no one here was over reacting to Durant saying shit.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey, whatever, if you think this guy said anything, then so be it. Yet, some people are saying that Spain could be the favorite. I still like Team USA, but it's not gonna be as easy as this DBag was making it out to be.
Eh...Spain has been the USA's biggest challenge pretty much every time and they've been able to pull it out. I don't think it'll be easy either, but I still see USA as strong favorites. Perhaps CSC has a slightly different opinion, but I'll let him speak for himself. As of yet, I don't see anything about a cakewalk though. That's all I'm saying.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Eh...Spain has been the USA's biggest challenge pretty much every time and they've been able to pull it out. I don't think it'll be easy either, but I still see USA as strong favorites. Perhaps CSC has a slightly different opinion, but I'll let him speak for himself. As of yet, I don't see anything about a cakewalk though. That's all I'm saying.

Cakewalk was my word. I suppose that's the out for many trollers on MB's is words. I used my word, but it was to describe his attitude.... Besides, I just disagreed with the guy, then he started saying stupid shit. No one, including myself, was over reacting to losing Durant.

You're not the guy that get's followed around by Sox fans cuz I'm a Cubs fan. Notice he was calling me a legend in the Cubs MB in other Bulls threads.

We were having a discussion, right? Spain has always been a challenge, yes, but this is the 1st time we've lost players to injury, and players are dropping like fly's.

They lost Love, George, and Durant. This is after our usual best players in LJ, Melo, and others decided to not play. But hey, I hope you guys are right. Me, I'm a little concerned that it will be closer than usual. :dunno: Sure would be something if we lost, huh?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cakewalk was my word. I suppose that's the out for many trollers on MB's is words. I used my word, but it was to describe his attitude.... Besides, I just disagreed with the guy, then he started saying stupid shit. No one, including myself, was over reacting to losing Durant.

You're not the guy that get's followed around by Sox fans cuz I'm a Cubs fan. Notice he was calling me a legend in the Cubs MB in other Bulls threads.
Eh fair enough. Moving on with life...

We were having a discussion, right? Spain has always been a challenge, yes, but this is the 1st time we've lost players to injury, and players are dropping like fly's.

They lost Love, George, and Durant. This is after our usual best players in LJ, Melo, and others decided to not play. But hey, I hope you guys are right. Me, I'm a little concerned that it will be closer than usual. :dunno: Sure would be something if we lost, huh?
Again, I think it'll be a difficult win without Durant, but imo we've got enough (or to quote Thibs, more than enough) to beat Spain. We won the WC with Lamar Odom as our starting center! This year, we still have Anthony Davis, Faried, Drummond, and Cousins to go bang with the bigs. I'm not sure which of those guys other than Davis will make the team, but I have to imagine at least two will make it now that Durant is out. That's still a very good frontline and we've still got plenty of shooters. You obviously can't replace a guy like Durant, but as a team, I think we'll be ok. Even if the game is close, we have a lot of guys who can take, make, and create clutch shots.

Though...Team USA has lost before so...who knows? :dunno:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

The guy's nothing but a troll. Why do you think he keeps getting banned? And no one here was over reacting to Durant saying shit.

Let me help you out, since you are so intellectually challenged and so insecure in the face of conflicting points of view.

Calling Durant a douchebag, as you are apt to do with everyone/everything you don't understand, is trolling. Stating opinions in an appropriate and thoughtful manner, and backing said opinions up with verifiable facts, is not trolling. To break it down in a language you can understand, you like to give people shit for saying things you don't agree with instead of engaging in intelligent debate. You are the troll, Bear Pride. You always have been, and you always will be because, let's face it, you're not that smart, and get in over your head way to often.

A few words of advice: teach yourself to respect the opinions of others whether you agree with them or not, and stick to what you know (stay in your lane). Life will get easier for you if you do these two things.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

I said, you must be a legend on those boards. :nope: Have you thought about taking an English literature or composition class?

I generally stay away from the Bears and Cubs boards because they're pretty awful. There are a few smart people on the Bulls board, so I partake. In any event, see how you getting butthurt over other folk's opinions destroys threads? Give it a rest already. See my previous post for a little advice that might help you.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Let me help you out, since you are so intellectually challenged and so insecure in the face of conflicting points of view.

Calling Durant a douchebag, as you are apt to do with everyone/everything you don't understand, is trolling. Stating opinions in an appropriate and thoughtful manner, and backing said opinions up with verifiable facts, is not trolling. To break it down in a language you can understand, you like to give people shit for saying things you don't agree with instead of engaging in intelligent debate. You are the troll, Bear Pride. You always have been, and you always will be because, let's face it, you're not that smart, and get in over your head way to often.

A few words of advice: teach yourself to respect the opinions of others whether you agree with them or not, and stick to what you know (stay in your lane). Life will get easier for you if you do these two things.

Who fuckin called Durant a DBag? You're ridiculous. And then you have the balls to say I need an English class? How the fuck am I supposed to respect your opinion when you say shit just like this? I give people like YOU shit, for saying stupid shit like THIS. No one here called Durant a DBag, including myself. In fact, the only thing I said about Durant was this:

What some don't understand is that Durant said the 'politically' correct thing with all the controversy surrounding the situation.

You're mad at me cuz you didn't like what the OP said.... now that's trolling!

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I said, you must be a legend on those boards. :nope: Have you thought about taking an English literature or composition class?

I generally stay away from the Bears and Cubs boards because they're pretty awful. There are a few smart people on the Bulls board, so I partake. In any event, see how you getting butthurt over other folk's opinions destroys threads? Give it a rest already. See my previous post for a little advice that might help you.

When YOUR opinion states that I called Durant a DBag, when in fact, I didn't, yes, I take exception.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

Again, I think it'll be a difficult win without Durant, but imo we've got enough (or to quote Thibs, more than enough) to beat Spain. We won the WC with Lamar Odom as our starting center! This year, we still have Anthony Davis, Faried, Drummond, and Cousins to go bang with the bigs. I'm not sure which of those guys other than Davis will make the team, but I have to imagine at least two will make it now that Durant is out. That's still a very good frontline and we've still got plenty of shooters. You obviously can't replace a guy like Durant, but as a team, I think we'll be ok. Even if the game is close, we have a lot of guys who can take, make, and create clutch shots.

I'm not sure how the thinking got to where I think USA will lose? ......
I still think they'll win. My whole point was that was losing great players does affect the team, and, there are other teams other than the USA, that are pretty darn good. The fact that they keep adding some players as well, tells me that they are thinking the same way.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not sure how the thinking got to where I think USA will lose? ......
I still think they'll win. My whole point was that was losing great players does affect the team, and, there are other teams other than the USA, that are pretty darn good. The fact that they keep adding some players as well, tells me that they are thinking the same way.
Did I say that you thought they would lose? That wasn't my intention. I threw out the point that Team USA has lost before just to say that they're not invulnerable.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Did I say that you thought they would lose? That wasn't my intention. I threw out the point that Team USA has lost before just to say that they're not invulnerable.

No, I was moreso trying to make it clear that I still like team USA cuz the convo got sidetracked is all. You're good.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I really like this team's guard play, and I think that will be big. You got Rose,Harden,Thompson,Curry,DeRozan,Irving,Lillard

That's stupid good. SF-C is a little weaker, although we might see Thompson in there a bit at SF, IDK. Big thing is Davis because he is a monster on defense and can help contain some of the Spanish guys. Drummond can also contest some shots. Faried can help with the boards and get put backs. Cousins can help IRT post offense.

Honestly, all of those guys are high-level rebounders, and that will be big against a frontcourt oriented Spanish team. While it would be nice to have,say, Kevin Love,Kevin Durant,LeBron,Dwight, I think this team will be fine.

Spain has been in recent years the USA's biggest challenge, but we seem to have their number.

I'm not too worried.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really like this team's guard play, and I think that will be big. You got Rose,Harden,Thompson,Curry,DeRozan,Irving,Lillard

That's stupid good. SF-C is a little weaker, although we might see Thompson in there a bit at SF, IDK. Big thing is Davis because he is a monster on defense and can help contain some of the Spanish guys. Drummond can also contest some shots. Faried can help with the boards and get put backs. Cousins can help IRT post offense.

Honestly, all of those guys are high-level rebounders, and that will be big against a frontcourt oriented Spanish team. While it would be nice to have,say, Kevin Love,Kevin Durant,LeBron,Dwight, I think this team will be fine.

Spain has been in recent years the USA's biggest challenge, but we seem to have their number.

I'm not too worried.
Pretty much this. USA's guard play blows everyone else out of the water and it's not even close. I think we'll see a lot of Klay at the SF since USA likes to run smaller. I think Klay/Korver spend a lot of time at SF with Parsons and Hayward playing a lot of PF. Davis will be the main guy in the paint probably. But if Faried/Drummond/Cousins make the team, we have the option of going bigger against Spain and at the very least have another good rebounder on the team.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Who fuckin called Durant a DBag? You're ridiculous. And then you have the balls to say I need an English class? How the fuck am I supposed to respect your opinion when you say shit just like this? I give people like YOU shit, for saying stupid shit like THIS. No one here called Durant a DBag, including myself. In fact, the only thing I said about Durant was this:

You're mad at me cuz you didn't like what the OP said.... now that's trolling!

You call everyone a "DBag" so it's hard to keep up, let alone figure out what you're trying to say half the time.

I don't like your tone; you're disrespectful and immature. Stop acting like a punk all the damn time. Treat people how you want to be treated and they'll be no problems.