Durant withdraws from Team USA

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
You call everyone a "DBag" so it's hard to keep up, let alone figure out what you're trying to say half the time.

I don't like your tone; you're disrespectful and immature. Stop acting like a punk all the damn time. Treat people how you want to be treated and they'll be no problems.

Again, I only treat people the way they treat me. So if I was treating you like a punk........... :dunno:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Speaking of USA G play, 'ol John Wall sure isn't taking getting cut very well. :nope:

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
Interesting thread. Anyone taken notice of Spain's front line dominance over Brazil? Pau and Marc abused Nene and Varejau. I'm sure Spain also noticed the effectiveness of the Zone by Turkey. With Spain playing at home, this very well not be so easy, like some posters think. The final game may very well come down to the USA's ability to hit the 3 with a hostile crowd.

Also, there seems to some posters here that think that the Bulls deep front line is not going to be any good. Some have also be persistent about slamming Pau, and saying he's over the hill. Well, have you notice Pau tearing up the tourney, as well as the effectiveness of two great passing big men?

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
Speaking of USA G play, 'ol John Wall sure isn't taking getting cut very well. :nope:

You may be right on this. I've got to think that Wall is looking at Rose's boxscore and wondering why he didn't make the team. This could very well fuel some tough battles between the two moving forward. Especially with the recent playoff loss to Washington. Although, it was great to see Pau take it to Nene in the Spain vs Brazil game. Pau not only scored at will for the most part, he also stuffed Nene a couple times putting up a 26/9 boxscore.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Guys on the court don't seem to be comfortable with Rose running point. Hurts to say, but their offense seems to flow better with Irving out there.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
Guys on the court don't seem to be comfortable with Rose running point. Hurts to say, but their offense seems to flow better with Irving out there.

You're definitely right. I'd love to see Rose play less of a scorer with the Bulls too. I think the Bulls will eventually be better off if so, imo. I think this may be part of his struggles as well. He very well might be concentrating on being a PG first, and a scorer next. I think the Bulls might have enough scoring for this to happen for a change. It will also take less of a toll on his body.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

Not sure what Team USA you are watching but Irving is playing A LOT of 1-on-1 which has led to slow starts for the team. In fact, the bench unit has been outplaying the starters for the most part. Who's the PG of the 2nd unit again? :smug:

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Interesting views here, I see the opposite. i see Irving just going for his, in fact him and Harden are playing one on one. Rose is just playing defense and initiating the offense. There seems to be more ball movement when Rose is in when he doesn't give the ball to Harden.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interesting views here, I see the opposite. i see Irving just going for his, in fact him and Harden are playing one on one. Rose is just playing defense and initiating the offense. There seems to be more ball movement when Rose is in when he doesn't give the ball to Harden.
Alright, so far only ChiSoxCity has been seeing something different than I have. Not calling him out or anything, but I just want to be sure I'm not seeing things I want to be seeing.

Rose has sucked at shooting big time though.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Guys, Everyone on team USA is playing one-on-one. I talked about this in another thread, but basically these are young guys (avg. age is 24) with very little knowledge or chemistry with each other. They don't run set plays because they don't need to.

They're still blowing everyone away because they're the most talented team in the tournament by far. But really, they haven't had enough court time to develop enough chemistry to run complicated sets.

The only guys playing unselfish on that team are Faried and Rose (which is moot, because Rose plays very few minutes and doesn't play with the starters).

Rose seems to be playing at full speed all the time, its making it tough for his teammates to anticipate what he's going to do with the ball, which is not good when you're running point. Hopefully he's doing this on purpose to get himself into game shape for the NBA. If not, it's going to be turnover city when the season starts.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Alright, so far only ChiSoxCity has been seeing something different than I have. Not calling him out or anything, but I just want to be sure I'm not seeing things I want to be seeing.

Rose has sucked at shooting big time though.

Have you watched all the games so far?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Have you watched all the games so far?
2nd half of Finland. First half and 4th quarter of Turkey. All of New Zealand and Dominican Republic. I have been up front with me not watching every minute of every game. You're free to disagree, I'm just stating my own observations.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guys, Everyone on team USA is playing one-on-one. I talked about this in another thread, but basically these are young guys (avg. age is 24) with very little knowledge or chemistry with each other. They don't run set plays because they don't need to.
Eh...to me it's seemed more like the starters and Rudy Gay are doing a lot of one on one. Like you said below, Faried is playing good team ball and imo he's the only starter consistently doing so. Steph Curry can be argued to be playing more of a team style, but he's definitely getting his fair share of shot attempts. I guess there's not really a ton of set plays being seen because of this. I've seen Kyrie do a lot of pick and roll plays but it seems like he's keeping it every time. Same with Harden. The second unit seems to have a little bit more of a set play kind of feel to them imo. It always seems like a straight post to Cousins or something where Klay gets an open 3. Yeah they're not polished and they can get away with it because of sheer talent, but it still seems valid to me to say that the bench is playing more like a team than the starters.

The only guys playing unselfish on that team are Faried and Rose (which is moot, because Rose plays very few minutes and doesn't play with the starters).
I was under the impression that Rose is playing about 20 minutes per game. I'd have to back to the box scores to check, but he didn't really seem to play significantly less than the starters from what I saw...except maybe the DR game where the starters got a lot more minutes than usual.

Rose seems to be playing at full speed all the time, its making it tough for his teammates to anticipate what he's going to do with the ball, which is not good when you're running point. Hopefully he's doing this on purpose to get himself into game shape for the NBA. If not, it's going to be turnover city when the season starts.
This is kind of true. They don't seem to know if he's going to go for the shot or pass out. It seems like he's doing a lot of passing, but they're leading to more turnovers than baskets. Rose is definitely leading the team in turnovers...not all of which are his fault completely, but it definitely seems like there's a bit of a disconnect at times. IIRC those times are usually in transition where I think the others are expecting him to go up for a shot and are not expecting him to try to pass so they're just looking for rebounds. It doesn't really happen in the half court from what I remember. I agree that it's good for him to try to get into game shape though...the sooner he knocks off the rust, the better the season will be.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Kyrie has been playing a lot of one on one, it's seemed to me that he's out there just to prove something. It's going to hurt us when we play against a team like Spain.

As for Derrick, I think part of him his struggling with his new responsibilities. Keep in mind this is a 25 year old that has been told to primarily score since he started playing basketball. It's hard to make an adjustment like that when you went your whole life doing the opposite. It's just not his game and I hope when he plays during the regular season, he goes back to his old playing style.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
2nd half of Finland. First half and 4th quarter of Turkey. All of New Zealand and Dominican Republic. I have been up front with me not watching every minute of every game. You're free to disagree, I'm just stating my own observations.

Well, you question my observations so I questioned if you watched all the games. That's all, no bid deal.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Kyrie has been playing a lot of one on one, it's seemed to me that he's out there just to prove something. It's going to hurt us when we play against a team like Spain.

As for Derrick, I think part of him his struggling with his new responsibilities. Keep in mind this is a 25 year old that has been told to primarily score since he started playing basketball. It's hard to make an adjustment like that when you went your whole life doing the opposite. It's just not his game and I hope when he plays during the regular season, he goes back to his old playing style.

Any PG playing for Coach K will be expected to play somewhat aggressively. We all would rather see Rose playing because we know he's better than Kyrie in terms of sheer talent. That being said, Kyrie is an elite PG in his own right, so it's reasonable to expect him to assert himself. He's not out to prove anything, that's just who he is. Curry is the same way, and all his air balls and bricks are really starting to piss me off. Just from watching the games, he's been terrible so far.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Curry is the same way, and all his air balls and bricks are really starting to piss me off. Just from watching the games, he's been terrible so far.
Curry's been a lot better the past few games though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, you question my observations so I questioned if you watched all the games. That's all, no bid deal.
Well not that I question your game watching abilities or anything it's just that your observations seemed to directly clash with mine so I had to question either mine or yours. I actually questioned both up until a few others agreed with me. I think we're seeing the same stuff, just interpreting it differently.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
That being said, Kyrie is an elite PG in his own right, so it's reasonable to expect him to assert himself.

He doesn't play defense and hasn't led his team to a winning season since being in the league. In my eyes since watching him, he doesn't really make his teammates better. He's also the definition of injury prone. Far from being elite.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
He doesn't play defense and hasn't led his team to a winning season since being in the league. In my eyes since watching him, he doesn't really make his teammates better. He's also the definition of injury prone. Far from being elite.

Don't be a homer assclown, of course Kyrie is an elite player. What you said could apply to CP3 and Westbrook as well.