Durant withdraws from Team USA

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketb...rant-oklahoma-city-thunder-withdraws-team-usa

And so it begins...

Personally, I find his "reasons" for withdrawing as complete bullshit. He looked great during the scrimmage, and in previous weeks had been talking about how great he felt and how he wanted to play as much basketball as he could before he couldn't play anymore. Then his confidence snapped like George's leg once he witnessed that injury. Just state the truth Durant, and most people won't blame you for it. Personally, I think it shows mental weakness as injuries can occur at any time under any kind of circumstance but it's understandable why either himself, OKC, or his agent would not want him competiting.

If all of these stars are just going to give up on playing for Team USA, maybe we should go back to using college players. Oh wait... college players don't have insurance or millions of guaranteed dollars to fall back on if they get injured. :smh:

Liked Posts:
I figured that's why he withdrew. Do yall think Rose should withdraw too?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I guess it's easier for Durant to say this instead of what he really wanted to say is that he isn't going to risk it after what happened to PG.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I guess it's easier for Durant to say this instead of what he really wanted to say is that he isn't going to risk it after what happened to PG.

Easier just to lie to everyone? I mean I could give a crap about the World Cup, as I think most NBA fans feel, so why the hell lie about it? Speak the truth and people will understand but instead they'd rather shovel a pile of shit in everyone's face so Durant doesn't look weak and George doesn't get his feelings hurt thinking he's the reason KD withdrew.

If Rose withdraws, I can GUARANTEE every major sports media outlet will be questioning his mental toughness, but not the case with KD. He was just too...tired, YEA, tired. :shifty:

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Easier just to lie to everyone? I mean I could give a crap about the World Cup, as I think most NBA fans feel, so why the hell lie about it? Speak the truth and people will understand but instead they'd rather shovel a pile of shit in everyone's face so Durant doesn't look weak and George doesn't get his feelings hurt thinking he's the reason KD withdrew.

If Rose withdraws, I can GUARANTEE every major sports media outlet will be questioning his mental toughness, but not the case with KD. He was just too...tired, YEA, tired. :shifty:

I agree, it's obvious why he withdrew. If he was really as tired as he claims, he would have withdrew before camp started. But his PR people want to insult our intelligence.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I figured that's why he withdrew. Do yall think Rose should withdraw too?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
This is what the Rose haters would say. And then if he did it they would bash him for it. DRose should play and will play

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Durant deserves a break.

There are more than enough NBA stars on that team to represent 'Murica and bring back the FIFA coffee mug or whatever.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketb...rant-oklahoma-city-thunder-withdraws-team-usa

And so it begins...

Personally, I find his "reasons" for withdrawing as complete bullshit. He looked great during the scrimmage, and in previous weeks had been talking about how great he felt and how he wanted to play as much basketball as he could before he couldn't play anymore. Then his confidence snapped like George's leg once he witnessed that injury. Just state the truth Durant, and most people won't blame you for it. Personally, I think it shows mental weakness as injuries can occur at any time under any kind of circumstance but it's understandable why either himself, OKC, or his agent would not want him competiting.

If all of these stars are just going to give up on playing for Team USA, maybe we should go back to using college players. Oh wait... college players don't have insurance or millions of guaranteed dollars to fall back on if they get injured. :smh:
That's a huge blow for team USA, I guess Derrick will have to carry the team.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Tell me you aren't serious.

I guess not having LeBron on the team is a huge blow too, right?

What does LJ have to do with anything? He was never on the team. Durant was the starting PF for the team and the NBA MVP. How is that not a big blow to the team? :smh:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
What some don't understand is that Durant said the 'politically' correct thing with all the controversy surrounding the situation.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
What does LJ have to do with anything? He was never on the team. Durant was the starting PF for the team and the NBA MVP. How is that not a big blow to the team? :smh:

Yeah, gonna be a big blow against Azerbaijan. :X

The only thing big about Durant taking some well-earned time off is your overreaction to it.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Tell me you aren't serious.

I guess not having LeBron on the team is a huge blow too, right?

Durant is a matchup nightmare for any team in the world because of his size, ball handling, and shooting. If you can think of another 6-11 Forward that can replace his skillset, then I guess you are right and its not a big loss.

Lebron hasn't been on the team all this time like Durant, who's leaving everyone hanging at the last moment. It's pretty much a punk move by Durant, but its his right to leave if he wants.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Durant is a matchup nightmare for any team in the world because of his size, ball handling, and shooting. If you can think of another 6-11 Forward that can replace his skillset, then I guess you are right and its not a big loss.

Lebron hasn't been on the team all this time like Durant, who's leaving everyone hanging at the last moment. It's pretty much a punk move by Durant, but its his right to leave if he wants.

Have you seen the USA roster?

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Have you seen the USA roster?
Forwards:

Mason Plumlee, Chandler Parsons, Gordon Hayward, Kenneth Faried. =/= Kevin Durant.

This isn't 1990 and the rest of the world sucks. The FIBA Championship is looked at as more prestigious than the Olympics to the rest of the world so there is a chance the US could lose this thing and be embarrassed again.