CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So essentially, he got a four day vacation.

Cool.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

I don't blame the guy, myself. Most normal players take out full newspaper ads and thank the City they've played for. OK, so LJ wanted to wait for his dumb letter, big deal. Why not thank the team and fanbase for the last 4 years? That would have completely eliminated any bad blood, but instead, he just bailed on his team, his fans, and his teammates .... again.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i think Miami is showing traits of the very team they once laughed at (Cleveland) they need to let it go...i think Dan was joking with the sign but still its not a good look

however a suspension for this? cmon what the sign says is not even bad

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
were they not listening to his show? Did they think he was joking? I think it's good he did it. It's become standard to thank the fans who never used to go to games but showed up because they thought you could make them win and then left before the end of your greatest comeback. I hate Miami but LeBatard was right.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What a stooge. Another typical butt hurt Heat fan

He is not butthurt. LeBatard isn't emotionally attached to sports. I listen to his show regularly and this was brought on because of his butthurt executive produce constantly crying about LeBron not thanking fans. LeBatard has always been about fun and trolling and this is just another example about it. I do think the guy at times shows major bias, despite how much he says he doesnt but i do not believe hes in any way hurt by LeBron leaving. LeBron James essentially put LeBatard on national radio and he's stated numerous times how he's thankful for everything LeBron has done.

I do think ESPN is overreacting. They say they didnt know about this but they should have people monitoring the stations they own or are affiliated with. This has been in the making for a week. But its only a two day suspension. That show is awful without Lebatard.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
surprised @ the suspension. seems like a little harmless trolling

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
were they not listening to his show? Did they think he was joking? I think it's good he did it. It's become standard to thank the fans who never used to go to games but showed up because they thought you could make them win and then left before the end of your greatest comeback. I hate Miami but LeBatard was right.

yeah it was a joke

from my understanding it started out with them talking about putting the same type of ad in a newspaper spread

they argued over how much it would cost to run the ad so they called Cleveland/Arkon newspaper to get a quote

cant remember the figure they gave but the newspaper said they wouldn't run it anyway

guess they decided to go through with it and get it on a billboard instead

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
yeah it was a joke

from my understanding it started out with them talking about putting the same type of ad in a newspaper spread

they argued over how much it would cost to run the ad so they called Cleveland/Arkon newspaper to get a quote

cant remember the figure they gave but the newspaper said they wouldn't run it anyway

guess they decided to go through with it and get it on a billboard instead

Yep. Theyve been talking about it on the National and local broadcast portions of the show all week and ESPN didnt know? Again, i think they should shell out a little cash to have someone monitoring their stations and affiliates.

Saluki

Liked Posts:
I don't see why they would suspend him for this. Really wasn't anything inflammatory, and way less offensive than some of the things people put in their articles and twitters that go out to hundreds of thousands of people. They really on brought more attention to the billboard by suspending him and making it a bigger deal than it was.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Hmmm... suspended by the LeBron James PR network (ESPN) for having a sense of humor and telling the truth. Sounds about right.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
He is not butthurt. LeBatard isn't emotionally attached to sports. I listen to his show regularly and this was brought on because of his butthurt executive produce constantly crying about LeBron not thanking fans. LeBatard has always been about fun and trolling and this is just another example about it. I do think the guy at times shows major bias, despite how much he says he doesnt but i do not believe hes in any way hurt by LeBron leaving. LeBron James essentially put LeBatard on national radio and he's stated numerous times how he's thankful for everything LeBron has done.

I do think ESPN is overreacting. They say they didnt know about this but they should have people monitoring the stations they own or are affiliated with. This has been in the making for a week. But its only a two day suspension. That show is awful without Lebatard.

I agree with your points. Your Washington Generals sig pic... eh, not so much. :smh: