Can The Bulls Win The East?

• No. The Cavs Have Too Much Firepower

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Yes. Bulls Are The More Complete Team

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Nothing happens in a vaccum... every team in the league, including the Bulls has changed since then.

And as usual, my comments about McBuckets and Mirotic being unknown entities falls on deaf ears on this board.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing happens in a vaccum... every team in the league, including the Bulls has changed since then.

And as usual, my comments about McBuckets and Mirotic being unknown entities falls on deaf ears on this board.

its not on deaf ears, I have just seen both of their games with my own eyes. I think if you were to hand select exceptions to the rule of proven nothing until NBA and euro-soft, these two are pretty high up the list.

They both have pure shooting ability that cannot necessarily be learned or taught, they both have size and hidden athleticism. We'll see....I understand what you are saying, I just think with these two and looking at their size and game they are relatively sure things.

The fact remains that we added the best scorer in college in a while, and we added the best player in Europe. imo

I get the other side, I am more worried about Mirotic's transition, I am very high on them both, trying my best to be in a bubble as if they played for someone else. At least the waiting for Mirotic era is over, now its the praying he is legit era. Its a risk, but these two guys being surprises is the best chance we got to leap up the NBA ladder. Lets support them and roll with it.

What makes you think they will not succeed? Adam Morrison? JJ Reddick? The countless list of college dominators and Europeans that fail?

I understand what you are saying, I just think its not fair to dismiss what some of us are trying to say based on their actual abilities and not history and generalizations.

I vote Mirotic is a borderline all-star, and McBuckets is a top 6th man for many years.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

:speechless:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
its not on deaf ears, I have just seen both of their games with my own eyes. I think if you were to hand select exceptions to the rule of proven nothing until NBA and euro-soft, these two are pretty high up the list.

They both have pure shooting ability that cannot necessarily be learned or taught, they both have size and hidden athleticism. We'll see....I understand what you are saying, I just think with these two and looking at their size and game they are relatively sure things.

The fact remains that we added the best scorer in college in a while, and we added the best player in Europe. imo

I get the other side, I am more worried about Mirotic's transition, I am very high on them both, trying my best to be in a bubble as if they played for someone else. At least the waiting for Mirotic era is over, now its the praying he is legit era. Its a risk, but these two guys being surprises is the best chance we got to leap up the NBA ladder. Lets support them and roll with it.

What makes you think they will not succeed? Adam Morrison? JJ Reddick? The countless list of college dominators and Europeans that fail?

I understand what you are saying, I just think its not fair to dismiss what some of us are trying to say based on their actual abilities and not history and generalizations.

I vote Mirotic is a borderline all-star, and McBuckets is a top 6th man for many years.

McBuckets was not the best scorer in college.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
We don't know how good the team is yet. We're talking about winning the east based off the addition of a couple rookies, and an injury prone big past his primer. :facepalm2:

'You don't know how good the Bulls are yet'? But you're sure that the Cavs will great? It seems like a big contradiction to me.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
'You don't know how good the Bulls are yet'? But you're sure that the Cavs will great? It seems like a big contradiction to me.

Well....the Cavs are going to be great when healthy. They have Love/Irving/Lebron Thats three proven all-stars with range. Yeah.....no question.

Bulls are a bit more of a risk, but Rose is enough with Noah to be good. Butler is underrated and when he plays with good offensive effeciency could be the perfect compliment to Rose, particularly if your SF is named McBuckets and your PF loves to launch from deep. Rose-Butler-McBuckets-Mirtoic-Noah Look.....you just added 2 high % 3 point shooters who will take 2 years to get used to 3-point range in the NBA.

Thats a concern...I agree. But the finished product of those 2, Noah/Butler on defense, and a nice deep bench.....its really quite a well balance, well chosen team. I think it could beat the Lebron heat, I just don't know about the Lebron Cavs who don't have the same issues at all.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You must be new here. You can't say the Bulls are good here or you're a delusional meatball homer.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McBuckets was not the best scorer in college.

What the hell am I supposed to say to this? Was he in the best over the last 3 or 4 years? What about over that 4 year stretch? Last year? Was he top 3? Top 5? I mean....what is the statement "McBuckets was not the best scorer in college" supposed to infer? Can we concede he was a pretty damn good scorer in college?

Were you aware he is actually on the ALL-TIME LIST? Check this out....then come tell me why McBuckets is sure to suck,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_men's_basketball_career_scoring_leaders

or why I can't extrapolate he has an above average chance to be above average in the NBA, particularly for his draft position because of the deep draft, and that his upside is high, as well as is Mirotic. Mirotic is not just the best player in Europe, he is the most decorated player for his age EVER in Europe given rookie of the year, MVP of league, and having won championship in a short span.

Mirotic is ready, and he is a pro already in some ways. They are both a little older than the one and dones, and they are ready now as soon as they get used to NBA range. IMO

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
man....I'm reading that all-time list with a shit eating grin on my face. I can't believe we got the second coming of Larry Bird. Its fucking crazy. Most people on that list did not play in division a big conference, which, McD only did one year though he faced some good teams before that and played on a bigger stage than most of those teams.

He also has more size than the other great 3 point shooters ahead of him. I was kidding about Bird, but thats the trait that makes you go hmmmmm. Also, there is a stiffness in his jumper body position, maybe a hunching of the shoulders, something in it that reminds me of Bird.

Another trait to notice, is that Doug shot fewer free throws than most of the all-time scorers. So he was doing his thing from range. He is one of the greatest long distance shooters in college history. There are others people would argue vehemently for, but the guy is 6'8" and the guy has a 38" vertical and the guy is in that fucking conversation !!! what do you want bro? godddammit do you see the light!! we got Dougie Mcbuckets!!!

and one other thing my man!! He is clutch!!

Go Bulls!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the last time somebody climbed as high as McBuckets, and the only time, on the all-time scoring list as a 3-point shooter, was 1993 by Ford. and he was 6'4". There is no precedent for Dougie really.

The thing I am interested in is that Doug is 6'8" tall and has rare shooting ability. Other than Adam Morrison there isn't much precedent for this type of player failing in the NBA. I thought Morrison had diabetes issues and was crushed by his last game in NCAA, and he was slight of frame while Doug is beefy.

I lean more toward Bird with him than Morrison, however, because of the ruggedness and bball IQ, height, and freak clutch shooting ability. I think you guys will be presently surprised....I do think his upside is Bird, but I will be very happy if he is just a 6th man candidate for a few years.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
man....I'm reading that all-time list with a shit eating grin on my face. I can't believe we got the second coming of Larry Bird. Its fucking crazy. Most people on that list did not play in division a big conference, which, McD only did one year though he faced some good teams before that and played on a bigger stage than most of those teams.

He also has more size than the other great 3 point shooters ahead of him. I was kidding about Bird, but thats the trait that makes you go hmmmmm. Also, there is a stiffness in his jumper body position, maybe a hunching of the shoulders, something in it that reminds me of Bird.

Another trait to notice, is that Doug shot fewer free throws than most of the all-time scorers. So he was doing his thing from range. He is one of the greatest long distance shooters in college history. There are others people would argue vehemently for, but the guy is 6'8" and the guy has a 38" vertical and the guy is in that fucking conversation !!! what do you want bro? godddammit do you see the light!! we got Dougie Mcbuckets!!!

Go Bulls!

I think if he's 1/2 as good as Bird, we'll all be happy. Unfortunately, that's a little like saying someone is the nest Jordan. Having said that, I've got a gut feeling that McD is going to be much better than people think. He's got a great step back 3 like Bird had. I think McD has a very high IQ like Bird had as well. Bird was one tough SB, however.

I think his shot is quick and accurate. I think we should all hope that he can create just enough to get that shot off. My biggest concern is his defense. If he can fit into Thibs system well enough to not be a defensive liability, we might have ourselves a nice player.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
...There are others people would argue vehemently for, but the guy is 6'8" and the guy has a 38" vertical and the guy is in that fucking conversation !!! what do you want bro? godddammit do you see the light!! we got Dougie Mcbuckets!!!

Go Bulls!

Can McBuckets do this?
tumblr_mzxv8vvwpW1qi7iyqo1_500.gif

If so, then I have a reason to be as excited as you seem to be. :shrug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can McBuckets do this?
tumblr_mzxv8vvwpW1qi7iyqo1_500.gif

If so, then I have a reason to be as excited as you seem to be. :shrug:
[video=youtube;6uhtd9Z-M8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uhtd9Z-M8Y[/video]

Definitely no MJ. So out of the league in 4 years or what?

YFC

Liked Posts:
If McDermott turns out to be the next JJ Reddick (I believe he will turn out much better), I am satisfied. Last time I checked, Reddick was the third best offensive player on the starting lineup of the Clips after Griffin and Paul, and very important to their success.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If McDermott turns out to be the next JJ Reddick (I believe he will turn out much better), I am satisfied. Last time I checked, Reddick was the third best offensive player on the starting lineup of the Clips after Griffin and Paul, and very important to their success.
Yeah, but he is a Dukie and forever hated.

---> Sent from above.