• No. The Cavs Have Too Much Firepower

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Yes. Bulls Are The More Complete Team

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
10171900_10152256762998463_7923386566427031617_n.jpg
We have no chance if Hinrich only has one arm.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can the Bulls win the East? Sure.

Will they? No idea.

Like Anytime23 said a week or so ago:
This is all it comes down to. LeBron leaving Miami restored balance to the Universe. If he stayed and you looked at the Bulls off-season, it was meh. Upgrades at PF and brought in a couple shooters. Still have the same glaring weakness youve had for 4 seasons under Thibs. Luckily the East is ass and the Bulls have a good shot at winning it.

Last edited:

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
McDermott at SG

I would expect him to be SF on offense, but no way in hell would they line him up against Lebron on defense, which is why I have him across from Dion Waiters. Like another poster reminded me, "you are what you defend".

As for the East having to be ass for the Bulls to have a shot at winning it, I don't think I agree. If the moves that GarPax made work and Derrick stays healthy, the Bulls could be #1 seed in either conference.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I would expect him to be SF on offense, but no way in hell would they line him up against Lebron on defense, which is why I have him across from Dion Waiters. Like another poster reminded me, "you are what you defend".

As for the East having to be ASS for the Bulls to have a shot at winning it, I don't think I agree. If the moves that GarPax made work and Derrick stays healthy, the Bulls could be #1 seed in either conference.

I agree with you here. In Thib's system, the 2 and 3 positions are interchangeable. If you had Jimmy and Dougie playing at the same time, Dougie would be the SG, meaning Butler would guard LJ. This year will be about matchups, not positions! I can't wait to see it, myself!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As for the East having to be ASS for the Bulls to have a shot at winning it, I don't think I agree. If the moves that GarPax made work and Derrick stays healthy, the Bulls could be #1 seed in either conference.
Eh...they wouldn't really stand a chance of getting out of the 2nd round in the West depending on what you think of the rookies. Being in the East helps their cause a lot, but I would think that fully healthy this team could beat any team in the league in a 7 game series...they would just have a much harder time against certain others.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

That's Special person.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lets just compare the Bulls to the West teams and how they match up against them...

Bulls Starters/Rotation Guys

Noah-Gasol-Dunleavy-Butler-Rose McDermott-Hinrich-Mirotic

Spurs Starters/Rotation Guys
Splitter-Duncan-Leonard-Green-Parker Ginobli-Mills-Diaw

Thunder Starters/Rotation Guys
Perkins-Ibaka-Durant-Jackson-Westbrook Collison-Morrow-Adams

Clippers
Jordan-Griffin-Barnes-Redick-Paul Crawford-Dudley-G.Davis

Mavericks
Chandler-Nowitzki-Parsons-Ellis-Nelson Felton-Harris-Jefferson

Grizzlies
Gasol-Randolph-Price-Allen-Conley V.Carter-Lee-Udrih

Rockets
Howard-T.Jones-Ariza-Harden-Beverley Motiejunas-Gee-Daniels

Blazers
Lopez-Aldridge-Baatum-Matthews-Lillard T.Robinson-Kaman-Barton-Blake

Warriors
Bogut-Lee-Iguodala-K.Thompson-Curry Livingston-Rush-Barnes

The Bulls match up with a lot of these teams, but you're probably right in they would be knocked out in the 2nd. Many of these teams have multiple go to guys while the Bulls still really only have one. We know what the Spurs can do, Thunder have Westbrook/Durant..Clippers Paul/Griffin/Crawford... Mavs Dirk-Ellis...Grizz are kinda weak there... Rockets have Harden...Blazers have Lillard... Warriors have Iggy and Curry and some guys who can make shots... Obviously thats just the surface theres a lot more guys who can make shots.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Eh...they wouldn't really stand a chance of getting out of the 2nd round in the West depending on what you think of the rookies. Being in the East helps their cause a lot, but I would think that fully healthy this team could beat any team in the league in a 7 game series...they would just have a much harder time against certain others.
The Bulls aren't much different than the Spurs who had no trouble getting out of the second round in the West. I think people are overrating how great the West is. There are no teams in the West that play defense like the Bulls or the recently deceased Heat. Put the Bulls in the West with a healthy Rose and they still dominate.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bulls aren't much different than the Spurs who had no trouble getting out of the second in the West. I think people are overrating how great the West is. There are no teams in the West that play defense like the Bulls or the recently deceased Heat. Put the Bulls in the West with a healthy Rose and they still dominate.
Except the Spurs have multiple shot creators in Parker and Ginobili. The Spurs have like the perfect system. Bulls are built similarly but aren't quite on that level. They're sorta more like that Mavs team from 2010...assuming McD can score off the bench like Terry did for that team. Again, fully healthy I think the Bulls can beat anyone in the league, it'd just be harder against a few of them.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Except the Spurs have multiple shot creators in Parker and Ginobili. The Spurs have like the perfect system. Bulls are built similarly but aren't quite on that level. They're sorta more like that Mavs team from 2010...assuming McD can score off the bench like Terry did for that team. Again, fully healthy I think the Bulls can beat anyone in the league, it'd just be harder against a few of them.
Simply put the Bulls lack the experience to be either team.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets just compare the Bulls to the West teams and how they match up against them...

Clippers

Mavericks

Grizzlies

Rockets

Blazers

Warriors

The Bulls match up with a lot of these teams, but you're probably right in they would be knocked out in the 2nd. Many of these teams have multiple go to guys while the Bulls still really only have one. We know what the Spurs can do, Thunder have Westbrook/Durant..Clippers Paul/Griffin/Crawford... Mavs Dirk-Ellis...Grizz are kinda weak there... Rockets have Harden...Blazers have Lillard and Aldridge.. Warriors have Iggy, Klay, and Curry and some guys who can make shots... Obviously thats just the surface theres a lot more guys who can make shots.
FYP a bit

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls aren't much different than the Spurs who had no trouble getting out of the second round in the West. I think people are overrating how great the West is. There are no teams in the West that play defense like the Bulls or the recently deceased Heat. Put the Bulls in the West with a healthy Rose and they still dominate.

:andruw:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Simply put the Bulls lack the experience to be either team.
Yeah, but there's still quite a bit of experience on the team.

Rose, Noah, Gibson have all played big minutes in the ECF. Gasol has championship experience coming from the West. Butler's got some decent experience on him. Dunleavy has a little. It's not quite the level of that Mavs team, but they're not completely inexperienced either.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

Clippers

Mavericks

Grizzlies

Rockets

Blazers

Warriors

The Bulls match up with a lot of these teams, but you're probably right in they would be knocked out in the 2nd. Many of these teams have multiple go to guys while the Bulls still really only have one. We know what the Spurs can do, Thunder have Westbrook/Durant..Clippers Paul/Griffin/Crawford... Mavs Dirk-Ellis...Grizz are kinda weak there... Rockets have Harden...Blazers have Lillard... Warriors have Iggy and Curry and some guys who can make shots... Obviously thats just the surface theres a lot more guys who can make shots.

lol McDermott and Mirotic haven't played one game in the NBA yet. Gasol is past his prime and injury prone. Jimmy and Snell are enigmas. Noah is offensively challenged. Dunleavy is a bench player. How can you possibly say they match up with All-Star laden rosters in the western conference?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only team there I am for sure picking the Bulls to get past in a series is the Grizzlies. Every other series the west has the advantage.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines

(Bulls in Seven)

(Thunder in Seven)

Clippers

(Bulls in Six)

Mavericks

(Bulls in Five)

Grizzlies

(Bulls in Six)

Rockets

(Bulls in Six)

Blazers
(Bulls In Six)

Warriors

(Bulls In Five)

The only team that beats the Bulls is the Thunder.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not disputing you, but that Mavericks team just had more go around experience and of those guys, guys who could shoot.

Dirk of course is your Superstar. He had been to many WCF's and a Finals in 06.

Kidd had been to two Finals and played in a ton of playoff games

Marion had plenty of WCF experience

Terry had been on Dallas forever at that point

All these guys had played together for at least a few seasons at this point.

The Bulls could have had that had Rose never gotten hurt..but they don't, so thats why I just think the experience factor isn't there. I understand Gasol has been to three Finals, winning two, but we're not seeing the experience needed to gel the team together IMO.