In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
The only team there I am for sure picking the Bulls to get past in a series is the Grizzlies. Every other series the west has the advantage.

Nonsense.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The only team there I am for sure picking the Bulls to get past in a series is the Grizzlies. Every other series the west has the advantage.
I think the Rockets are beatable. They lost a lot this off season.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Rockets are beatable. They lost a lot this off season.

Meh. Maybe. That'd be a team maybe worth discussing.

The Bulls are a 4-5 seed in the West though

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not disputing you, but that Mavericks team just had more go around experience and of those guys, guys who could shoot.

Dirk of course is your Superstar. He had been to many WCF's and a Finals in 06.

Kidd had been to two Finals and played in a ton of playoff games

Marion had plenty of WCF experience

Terry had been on Dallas forever at that point

All these guys had played together for at least a few seasons at this point.

The Bulls could have had that had Rose never gotten hurt..but they don't, so thats why I just think the experience factor isn't there. I understand Gasol has been to three Finals, winning two, but we're not seeing the experience needed to gel the team together IMO.
Yeah I definitely see what you're saying and I even agree with you. This Bulls team definitely does need time to gel and they won't have that cohesiveness that that Mavs team had because of that. This is why being in the East helps them out so much...they can overcome that simply by being better than 99% of the conference. Even the Cavs need time to gel as their entire rotation is going to be new, basically.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also good to see FT is already in prime form. Should be a fun season.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
You all simply don't realize the importance of defense, and underestimate the value of Rose.

Teams like the Warriors, Blazers, and Rockets can score a lot of points but can't stop anyone. Derrick Rose is the most unstoppable PG in the league and teams that can't play defense have no chance against the Bulls in a seven game series.

The Mavs, and Grizzlies are better defensively but with the additions of Gasol, Mirotic, and McDermott, the Bulls have plenty of offense to defeat them.

Spurs and Clippers.... These teams match up well with the Bulls and could win in a series, but I believe the Bulls are smarter and less mistake prone than the Clippers, and more athletic and younger than the Spurs.

The Thunder remains as a team with solid defense and offense that the Bulls will find hard to match. The Bulls have the advantage in coaching but I think the player advantage goes to the Thunder.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You all simply don't realize the importance of defense
Good call. That Bulls defense looked awesome last year in the playoffs. Our DPOY totally shut down Nene and we swept the series.

Derrick Rose is the most unstoppable PG in the league
Maybe in NBA 2k. He's played in 10 games the past two years.

UNSTOPPABLE!

Spurs and Clippers.... These teams match up well with the Bulls and could win in a series, but I believe the Bulls are smarter and less mistake prone than the Clippers, and more athletic and younger than the Spurs.
Good call here. We saw how the old Spurs looked against the younger more athletic Heat. Still really humiliating that the Heat swept the Spurs for the title in June.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Good call. That Bulls defense looked awesome last year in the playoffs. Our DPOY totally shut down Nene and we swept the series.

Maybe in NBA 2k. He's played in 10 games the past two years.

UNSTOPPABLE!

Good call here. We saw how the old Spurs looked against the younger more athletic Heat. Still really humiliating that the Heat swept the Spurs for the title in June.

1. The Bulls inability to score more than 90 points was the issue against the Wiz not defense. The Wizards were also a top 10 defense themselves.
2. If you are basing your argument on Derrick being injured, than the Bulls wouldn't be #1 in either conference.
3. I wouldn't call Wade young and athletic anymore. The Spurs used great shooting, dribble penetration, and ball movement to be the Heat. The Bulls can play that same game with their new additions.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. The Bulls inability to score more than 90 points was the issue against the Wiz not defense.
Yeah Nene lighting up the DPOY played no part.

2. If you are basing your argument on Derrick being injured, than the Bulls won't contend for a title in either conference.
No my basis is that you can't call the most unstoppable PG in the NBA when Jason Collins has logged more court time than him the last two years.

3. I wouldn't call Wade young and athletic anymore. The Spurs used great shooting, dribble penetration, and ball movement to be the Heat. The Bulls can play that same game with their new additions.
I don't ever recall specifically mentioning Wade.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Yeah Nene lighting up the DPOY played no part.

No my basis is that you can't call the most unstoppable PG in the NBA when Jason Collins has logged more court time than him the last two years.

I don't ever recall specifically mentioning Wade.

1. The Bulls play great TEAM defense, not one on one defense. The Wiz scored only 75 points in the final game and the Bulls only scored 100 in one game. Scoring was obviously the problem.

2. Again if you are basing everything on Derrick being injured, there is nothing more to discuss. When he's healthy and playing he's the most unstoppable PG in the league, if he's hurt then the Bulls aren't winning anything.

3. You pointed out how the Spurs beat the younger and more athletic Heat team, so who could have known you were omitting the fact that Wade is on the Heat.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. The Bulls play great TEAM defense, not one on one defense. The Wiz scored only 75 points in the final game and the Bulls only scored 100 in one game. Scoring was obviously the problem.
So the Bulls great team defense allowed Nene to dry hump them?

Should we be expecting Nene to have an MVP type season this year after torching the best defense in the NBA in the playoffs?

When he's healthy and playing he's the most unstoppable PG in the league
Based on what? Archival footage from a decade ago?

The Bulls didn't win anything with a healthy Rose.

3. You pointed out how the Spurs beat the younger and more athletic Heat team, so who could have known you were omitting the fact that Wade is on the Heat.
...Wade isn't the only player on the Heat so your mention of Wade was pointless.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
So the Bulls great team defense allowed Nene to dry hump them?

Should we be expecting Nene to have an MVP type season this year after torching the best defense in the NBA in the playoffs?

Based on what? Archival footage from a decade ago?

The Bulls didn't win anything with a healthy Rose.

...Wade isn't the only player on the Heat so your mention of Wade was pointless.
1. There will always be players that are a tough matchup, that doesn't mean the team suddenly isn't a great defense because Nene was hot. If your point is Noah doesn't deserve DPOY, save it for another thread.

2. What have you seen to say that Derrick is no longer the same level player that he was. You are just repeating the same injury thing so I digress.

3. Wade was the second best player on the Heat so to ignore that he factors greatly into which team is younger and more athletic isn't pointless at all. It just doesn't match the idea you were trying to push by saying the Spurs beat the young athletic Heat so they could beat this years Bulls.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. There will always be players that are a tough matchup, that doesn't mean the team suddenly isn't a great defense because Nene was hot. If your point is Noah doesn't deserve DPOY, save it for another thread.
Nene. Tough matchup for the DPOY on the best team defensive team in basketball.

:andruw:

2. What have you seen to say that Derrick is no longer the same level player that he was
Him not playing a full season.

3. Wade was the second best player on the Heat
I must have missed Chris Bosh missing last season due to injury/falling off the face of the Earth.

Kizzle

Find me Realcavsfans.com
Liked Posts:
Hope it's Cavs Vs Bulls

And I'm tired of Spurs in the WCF

So I'm predicting OKC VS LAC

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Hope it's Cavs Vs Bulls

And I'm tired of Spurs in the WCF

So I'm predicting OKC VS LAC
I hope its Cavs vs Bulls as well, history has been on our side :p

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope its Cavs vs Bulls as well, history has been on our side :p
Did the Bulls gain access to a time machine? So they can use MJ and a non-candy eating/suit wearing Rose?

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Did the Bulls gain access to a time machine? So they can use MJ and a non-candy eating/suit wearing Rose?

Troll's gonna troll :cookiemonster: