PG: Kyrie Irving -vs- Derrick Rose
SG: Dion Waiters -vs- Doug McDermott
SF: Lebron James -vs- Jimmy Butler
PF: Kevin Love -vs- Pau Gasol
C: Anderson Varejo -vs- Joakim Noah

So Who Wins?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Cleveland is the more talented team on paper. There are no guarantees that either team will win the east, but the odds are in Cleveland's favor by virtue of LeBron and Love.

I might add, the verdict is still out on how effective McDermott and Mirotic will be at the NBA level. We also don't know how much Jimmy and Snell have progressed, or how much further Hinrich has regressed at 33 yrs old.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Cleveland is the more talented team on paper. There are no guarantees that either team will win the east, but the odds are in Cleveland's favor by virtue of LeBron and Love.

I might add, the verdict is still out on how effective McDermott and Mirotic will be at the NBA level. We also don't know how much Jimmy and Snell have progressed, or how much further Hinrich has regressed at 33 yrs old.

This is the big question of the season. If Jimmy and Snell take a step forward, and Miro isnt a bust then Bulls are able to beat Lebron & co. Jimmy returning to his '13 playoff form would be sweet. Bulls have depth, a good amount of 3pt shooters, and rookies that can come off the bench and hold their own. Put all these parts together, and theyre better than the Cavaliers.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
10171900_10152256762998463_7923386566427031617_n.jpg

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Pau should be able to get any shot he wants against the Cavs bigs, especially Kevin Love. I think the Bulls can win that series.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
The problem with the Cavs is going to be defense, Love and Irving couldn't guard a player just standing in one spot. However, if I had to pick one athlete out of the four major pro sports that I wouldn't bet against, it would be LeBron. I'd still take Cavs over Bulls in 6 or 7.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I got the Bulls beating the Heat in 6. :dunno:

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I'll take the Bulls because Lebron has shown he can lead a team in the finals but he's also shown he can't, 2-3. The other thing is their coach Blatt. You may want to think winning in Israel is the same as the NBA but a first year coach in the NBA finals, trying to let his superstar, who is going to be under a lot of pressure to deliver for his hometown team the way he did in Miami, lead but not get beyond the coach's control. Tough balancing act. Thibs just has to keep his 8-9 rotation players fresh to make it through the playoffs.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On paper, the Cavs destroy us in talent, especially in their top 5. This surprises no one. However, we have a ton more depth, better defense, and much improved shooting from past years. Even if McDermott and Mirotic are only able to be spot up shooters this season (and honestly, looking at their tapes, they should be able to do more than that), those guys are probably 40% from 3 because they are just that good at shooting, especially McDermott. Having that floor spacing will be huge for Rose and Gasol to do damage in the paint against the Cavs' weak defense down low.

Imo, the Bulls won't be helpless once Lebron switches onto DRose because Pau can get whatever he wants down low against the Cavs' defense and we have shooters for Rose to get the ball to if he's being doubled. That said, health will be the most important factor for obvious reasons...though it does go both ways. Both teams fully healthy, I think the Bulls could pull it out in 7...possibly even 6 if the rookies show themselves to be quality contributors right away.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Whoever wins the battle on the boards.

Joakim Noah, Pau Gasol, Taj Gibson vs Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao and Tristan Thompson.

That will be a heck of a battle down low.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whoever wins the battle on the boards.

Joakim Noah, Pau Gasol, Taj Gibson vs Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao and Tristan Thompson.

That will be a heck of a battle down low.
Agreed the boards will be huge. Both Love and Varejao are capable of putting up 20 rebound games. Noah can do that too, but Gasol and Gibson aren't really that level of rebounder. Hopefully the size advantage we have with Gasol and Noah being 7 footers will help us out...but Love has never really been one to let others outrebound him. It'll definitely be a heck of a battle.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's going to be close. I think it really depends a bit on who gets homecourt. I could see that being the tipping point.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's going to be close. I think it really depends a bit on who gets homecourt. I could see that being the tipping point.
Thibs will get us that regular season championship no problem :derbulls:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
No one else is mentioning the rookie coach from the Euro league compared to Thib's, one of the best coaches in the NBA. I fail to see why Niko is so questionable, but the Cavs coach isn't? He very well could be good, but I don't see it w/o learning a few hard lessons from some of the great NBA coaches. I think this is a clear advantage for the Bulls.

Blatt drew the ire of (among others) Mike Krzyzewski by saying that he believes the Soviet victory was legit (Coach K’s response at the time: “He’s a Russian.”).

After Blatt got the Cleveland Cavaliers head coaching job, I figured that he might temper his opinion for an American audience.

But, no, he doubled down on his view that the Soviets deserved to win. “If you’re looking at it from a by-the-book perspective, you could say the Americans got jobbed,” Blatt says.

“But if you’re looking at it from the standpoint of fairness and sport ethic, there is no way you can contend that the outcome wasn’t fair. Look, I’ll reconstruct it for you …”

UnAmerican mutherfucker!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls blow out Cavs in Game 1, lose next 4. Isn't that how we play in the playoffs against LeBron?
...shoot that's exactly right.

Welp...guess it's Cavs in 5 then.