HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guess no one saw that one handed grab of a Cutler pass that I don't believe too many other receivers could have picked out of the air.

Actually, no one in the local market saw it live. The feed was completely fucked so we missed the first like 15-20 minutes.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually, no one in the local market saw it live. The feed was completely fucked so we missed the first like 15-20 minutes.
We didn't see it down here in C-U. At least NFL replay got it.

iBearsLX

Liked Posts:
#1 is whoever Cutler sees open first.

And they're both open every play.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I know right? First we had two corners in the PB then we had two wideouts in the PB the next year. What position will we be sending two guys to the PB this year?

It won't be LBer that's for sure.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
While I can see some teams deciding to put more of an emphasis on shutting down Jeffery due to his big play ability, they will pay for it sorely since that means the beast is loose.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
What about the 3rd WR debacle? What's the word on the street from the hip cats?

Liked Posts:
I'm kind of hoping that Phil Emery drafts another WR within the first three rounds in the next draft & hopefully a fast WR with size like Patterson was in the 2013 draft, if there is one available. If you take a minute to look at Phil Emerys history as director of scouting at Atlanta, & KC, along with his time as GM of the Bears, one thing that seems to have followed him around in each organization is quality players at the WR and or CB positions. Even if Wilson does get healthy & play well there's no harm in drafting a good WR fairly early, especially if Emery brings in another young WR with similar talent to Jeffery.

This past draft the Bears hands were basically tied to addressing the defense, & I'm sure they'll draft a significant number of defenders next draft also with the strong possibility of Tillman & Briggs moving on, but I would like to see one of another WR or TE, & a new Center drafted early on with two of the first four picks in the next draft. If there is one position on the field that Phil Emery has a beat on it has to be playmaking WR's from the looks of his track record.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
If Alshon starts drawing more attention than Brandon Marshall teams are really going to fuck themselves...

Alshon is going to be a great receiver this year... But letting Brandon Marshall and Martellus Bennett work with more open field is not exactly beneficial to defenses...

Jay Cutler already favors Marshall, I cant see him shying away from him this year if teams are going to give him more space... I can't help but think that teams with weak Corner play are going to get chewed up and spit up by Mark Trestman and this Chicago Bears offense...

Also what happens if you split Forte out wide this year... things could get really confusing for opposing defenses...

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess SI is getting tired of the Manzel story so they have to stir a new pot of shit.

They honestly can't say that this team has two legitimate number one quaility receivers without trying to pair off Marshall vs Jeffrey? Honestly who cares which is the 'number one'. Marshall has qualities that Jeffrey doens't have and vice versa. Marshall helped make Alshon what he was last year. But we have to create some kind of controverys don't we?

Alshon will get a nice check after this year and both hopefully can look forward to giving defensive coordinators nightmares for another four or five years.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He made a cut and Cutler threw the ball on a line about a yard away from him. His motion was taking him to the right but Marshall stuck out his left hand and snatched it like a guy picking an apple from a tree. It was a great catch.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I had no idea that this was even happening, seen nothing on twitter to support it, so maybe we should take it with a grain of salt...

"Brandon Marshall has been the No. 1 receiver, but that’ll change this season. The 24-year-old Alshon Jeffery is simply the more dangerous target. Long arms and springy, long legs give Jeffery an extraordinary catching radius, both vertically and horizontally. Something to consider: Being the No.1 receiver may actually decrease Jeffery’s opportunities, since defenses will be focusing more coverages on him. Either way, you can’t go wrong drafting a Bears starting receiver."

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/09/chicago-bears-2014-nfl-training-camp-report/

When I asked my friends with premium content access if this was true, they didn't know either, so I guess mainstream journalism has an edge here. Brandon Marshall is going to be the number two reciever this year????

I guess Alshon has made tremendous strides and Marshall does have that issue with his hip and he is old now, but seems a little premature to demote the Beast, no?

Something smells bad here and I hope there isn't some sort of rapid decline in Marshall's game that the coaches aren't telling us about. We may need to look to the draft for a number 2 WR next year if that's the case. Maybe move Marshall to WR coach?

I'm optimistic though because Alshon is just great and i'm sure with the 3rd WR Debacle the coaches and scouting staff are going to get in front of this quickly.
YourBlogisBoring1.jpg

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LOL, tell me I'm not the only one that realized that particular paragraph was about #1 in fantasy football.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck em. I got the tubes ready bruh. #Leggo

I'm not sure what you mean by tubing, but years ago I had great times on creeks and rivers just mosesin on down the cool refreshing water, beer in hand, rafting on air filled tiny towel like mattresses and / or inner tubing

Liked Posts:
I'm 100% sure the team wouldn't have extended his contract out 3 years if he was "declining".

This is just a simple case of mainstream sports media talking out of their ass... Again