IST: Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I am tired of a dope in NY looking at video and telling the umpire what the call is. The decision needs to be with the crew chief and the umpire who made the call in question.

I didn't mean to imply that I disagreed with you. :nope:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
v63mup.jpg

Only if he had Dunston's arm... :dunno:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
It's just that pitchers are going to avoid his power in those circumstances and going to RF is usually an easy RBI. Sammy Sosa would go for he fences with a runner at 2nd and 2 outs. He'd often strike out but when he was hitting 60 HRs you could kind of justify this. But he still did the same nonsense once his production dropped off.
Baez is like a wild stallion right now that being allowed to roam

I guarantee that after he talked to and worked with all off season he will be a bit more controlled at what pitches he swings at next year... he will still be aggressive but I think he will be aggressive in a smarter way next year.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Baez is like a wild stallion right now that being allowed to roam

I guarantee that after he talked to and worked with all off season he will be a bit more controlled at what pitches he swings at next year... he will still be aggressive but I think he will be aggressive in a smarter way next year.

"That's why they call me the stallion!" ... anyone tell me what movie that was from? Yes, he seems way too aggressive to me, but not intimidated at all. So let's let the young Man learn a little, cuz it could be worth it.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I don't like that it's in NY because of favoritism/bias that comes with it.

Where should it be then? Alaska? Not saying the system is perfect or even good but to say its biased because it's based in NY ignores the fact that if there's going to be bias it's going to happen wherever it is.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I am tired of a dope in NY looking at video and telling the umpire what the call is. The decision needs to be with the crew chief and the umpire who made the call in question.
Ive been saying that all year.. they went the route of the NHL which set up in Toronto but all they view are goals, which makes it easier.

Mlb could of made it real simple by placing an official ( 5th umpire) in a booth to review replay and communicating with the head ump on field with a 1 minute time limit.

Liked Posts:
Where should it be then? Alaska? Not saying the system is perfect or even good but to say its biased because it's based in NY ignores the fact that if there's going to be bias it's going to happen wherever it is.

Not true. The fact that networks are based in NY can create the appearance of a conflict if interest that wouldn't exist elsewhere. Part of this is also that the league office is there. But it's the same. These guys who live there are human. It's also not like they're exempt from local coverage either.

Alaska would be perfect. Late games wouldn't be a problem. It seemed like you were joking but
Alaska would be just fine.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Not true. The fact that networks are based in NY can create the appearance of a conflict if interest that wouldn't exist elsewhere. Part of this is also that the league office is there. But it's the same. These guys who live there are human. It's also not like they're exempt from local coverage either.

Alaska would be perfect. Late games wouldn't be a problem.

My point is even if you do it like the NFL on site that if there's going to be bias it's still going to happen. For example, the suggestion of another ump in the booth locally just means rather than a NY bias it would be a bias of wherever that ump is from. Frankly, I think the argument is rather silly. Any suggestion of bias means that the entire concept of replay is flawed because you're suggesting it's not possible to get an objective look anyway.

I just think all the complaining about replay is kind of dumb. The only place I have issue with is when they have reversed calls at home on that new blocking rule. If the Ump didn't call it interference in game I think its dumb that replay can change the call after the fact. Other than that, so long as replay fixes more calls than it messes up its a better system than no replay. It's never going to be perfect. The NFL still has replay screw up calls. But the nature of the system is people don't give a crap about all the calls it fixes. They only care about the ones that are uestionable.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Like I said above, just add a 5th member to the crew that sits in the booth.. not an umpire, just an official replay person that travels with the crew

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Like I said above, just add a 5th member to the crew that sits in the booth.. not an umpire, just an official replay person that travels with the crew

Like I said, I don't see how that changes matters any. To say it's biased because it's based in NY is to say that it's not possible for the person to be unbiased which again, would be the case whether they were on site or in NY.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
My point is even if you do it like the NFL on site that if there's going to be bias it's still going to happen. For example, the suggestion of another ump in the booth locally just means rather than a NY bias it would be a bias of wherever that ump is from. Frankly, I think the argument is rather silly. Any suggestion of bias means that the entire concept of replay is flawed because you're suggesting it's not possible to get an objective look anyway.

I just think all the complaining about replay is kind of dumb. The only place I have issue with is when they have reversed calls at home on that new blocking rule. If the Ump didn't call it interference in game I think its dumb that replay can change the call after the fact. Other than that, so long as replay fixes more calls than it messes up its a better system than no replay. It's never going to be perfect. The NFL still has replay screw up calls. But the nature of the system is people don't give a crap about all the calls it fixes. They only care about the ones that are uestionable.
My main complaint with the replay is they need to stop managers from coming out on every close play to stall and wait and see if they should challenge...

I think once the manager exits the dugout, that his challenge

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
My main complaint with the replay is they need to stop managers from coming out on every close play to stall and wait and see if they should challenge...

I think this is a real good point.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

Eh, I mean I can see where you're coming from but think about it this way. Prior to replay the manager would come out and argue most of these calls anyways. Like I said, I'm not saying the system is perfect but I don't think it's a net negative.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Like I said, I don't see how that changes matters any. To say it's biased because it's based in NY is to say that it's not possible for the person to be unbiased which again, would be the case whether they were on site or in NY.
Im not arguing that its biased or not, I just feel it would speed it up more and being that they would get the feed we get at home they may get better angles on plays

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Tough loss for the Cubs, and tough loss for Aeriola Arrieta. Unfortunately, the Brewers are a pretty good club right now. I'm just glad to show up to the park and see a pretty good game. The Cubs are not playing great ball right now, but they are playing pretty good ball right now!

See you tomorrow!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Eh, I mean I can see where you're coming from but think about it this way. Prior to replay the manager would come out and argue most of these calls anyways. Like I said, I'm not saying the system is perfect but I don't think it's a net negative.
Yea but they didn't come out to argue every single close play..

Their coming out now because they feel what the hell they got to lose to stall a few minutes so someone can look at a replay to let them know if they should challenge of not..

Even the players are getting ridiculous and asking the manager to come out to challenge and their wrong 99% of time.

Time of game is high this year and that the biggest reason, replay eliminated the arguing but extended time of play mostly because managers are being allowed to come all the way out to stall time

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Tough loss for the Cubs, and tough loss for Aeriola Arrieta. Unfortunately, the Brewers are a pretty good club right now. I'm just glad to show up to the park and see a pretty good game. The Cubs are not playing great ball right now, but they are playing pretty good ball right now!

See you tomorrow!
Yea, their still getting some pretty good starting pitching.
Nice bounce back game by Arrieta,

Offense still inconsistence but at least their pretty much settled on a set lineup now, hopefully they can get a few games in a row where they all click at once.