IST: Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Yea but they didn't come out to argue every single close play..

Their coming out now because they feel what the hell they got to lose to stall a few minutes so someone can look at a replay to let them know if they should challenge of not..

Even the players are getting ridiculous and asking the manager to come out to challenge and their wrong 99% of time.

Time of game is high this year and that the biggest reason, replay eliminated the arguing but extended time of play mostly because managers are being allowed to come all the way out to stall time

Like I said I get where you're coming from but I think that's far from there only reason games are long. There's any number of changes they could make to speed up games. I just don't think there's that many plays where they are coming out. Not trying to be contrarian here but I just feel like people are making something out of nothing.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Like I said above, just add a 5th member to the crew that sits in the booth.. not an umpire, just an official replay person that travels with the crew

Why in God's name should they add 16 men when one can do it?

The fix they really need - and this is true in football as well - is that the call on the field prior to the replay should have no bearing.

One guy watches it from one angle - often obscured or out of position - in real time. The replay official watches as many times as he needs to, from several angles, in slow motion with the ability to stop the video.

Why on earth should we not allow the replay official to make the call based on the information available to him? Lose the "indisputable evidence" needed to overturn a guess made on the field.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, color me pink. I liked Hendricks and I still temper my expectations but his pitch sequence to Braun and Ramirez was excellent. Complete control through both at bats. Those are two very good hitters.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
For those who kept asking when were going to start seeing young pitching from the system...

He on the mound tonight... Kyle Hendricks

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Don't look now, but Hendricks looking good AGAIN. 3K's and no walks so far in 4 over another pretty good squad.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I hope we see Jacob Turner get a crack at a few starts before the season is up. The Cubs have a nice back of the rotation lined up with Arrieta + Hendricks + Wood/ Turner/Strailly. They just need to get a top of the rotation guy.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@GDubCub: Kyle Hendricks 1.73 ERA in 6 big-league starts -- 1.01 in last five. In line to improve to 4-1.

Samardzija who ????

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I hope we see Jacob Turner get a crack at a few starts before the season is up. The Cubs have a nice back of the rotation lined up with Arrieta + Hendricks + Wood/ Turner/Strailly. They just need to get a top of the rotation guy.
Going to be an interesting off season with the rotation.

They have the money to sign 1 or 2 TOR starters

They could very easily go with Arrieta 3 and Hendricks 4 with a number of guys for the 5th slot.

they could trade both wood and Jackson

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Nice job for the Cubs with the SO of a 1st place Brewers team! Hendricks looking like the real deal to me. Beat a pretty good pitcher too. I have just one question.... where are all the Cubs doubters? :dunno:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Going to be an interesting off season with the rotation.

They have the money to sign 1 or 2 TOR starters

They could very easily go with Arrieta 3 and Hendricks 4 with a number of guys for the 5th slot.

they could trade both wood and Jackson

They would have to eat 18 or the 22 mil owed to Jackson. and they would get crap in return. Sounds like what they did with Z and got garbage in return.

I believe they will be involved with Lester and Maeda. Both should be top targets in the market. The one they would have a clear shot would be Schzer because I doubt any team with a unprotected will give up a first round and have to pay 150-200 mil. Cubs have a protected first round and can aborb that contract.

It wouldn't be wise though. Let some other team make that mistake.

I still think Wood is a easy sell. Arb 2 and most likely will get 5 mil. That and 2 years of control has value in a back of the rotation. Jackson is over paid for his production. I can't see any team paying more than 8 mil of his contract. I alsdo don't see the Ricketts paying some other team to play Theo's mistake. Z was Hendry's mistake and Theo had a free pass to fix those issues to create his own.

I still see them playing Jackson next year. Wood I would trade and back fill with Doumont. Turner it depends if they can fix him. He has TOR potential and I'm not sure what happened with Fla. Bad park? Shitty coaching? No idea. I would let his performance dictate as with Doumount.

To be honest if they end up signing Maeda then retaining Wada and pulling Fuji's option it would not be a bad idea. Gives Maeda a year to adjust to Americia with his countrymen like Tanaka had with Kuroda. Not to mention Wada and Fuji have short term value.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When I said I was hopeful Hendricks could be a solid starter next year, a couple naysayers here mocked (as usual).

But the kid has allowed 4 ER in his last 5 starts, covering 35.2 IP. (2 of those were in Colorado, 1 was a HR into the basket, and 1 was to LA.)

ERA of 1.01 over last 5 starts.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Nice job for the Cubs with the SO of a 1st place Brewers team! Hendricks looking like the real deal to me. Beat a pretty good pitcher too. I have just one question.... where are all the Cubs doubters? :dunno:

Doubters if they are good or if
Hendrick's is good?

I look at their record and that answers one question.

On Hendrick's he is really good at managing himself on the mound. He is not a hit my fastball type. I like him as a player and he is refreshing in a world where every one looks at MPH vs what is going on in the kids head.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Hendricks is an ideal guy for the end of playoff worthy rotation. Will likely be solid every time out there with a chance of taking a game over every once in a while.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If Hendricks is at the back of our rotation, we're in good shape.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would say Pierce Johnson shouldnt be far away. He is not in AAA, but he is dominating AA. He is another guy in the mix as a 3, 4 , or 5 type.