IST: Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Turner will get his shot. He is out of options and has like a million dollar option at the end of the season. He was to highly rated for the Cubs not to give him a real good shot. He is only 23 and lets see if Bosio really is the fixer!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Impressive outing by Turner... Wonder if that enough to have him replace Jackson in rotation going forward

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Mine as well. Jackson has no value and he isn't going to gain any pitching as awfully as he is. Unless the goal is to keep losing which I guess is possible

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Mine as well. Jackson has no value and he isn't going to gain any pitching as awfully as he is. Unless the goal is to keep losing which I guess is possible
Think if goal was to keep losing

Veras be the Closer, Barney at 2B, Olt be at 3B, Schierholtz in RF, Sweeney in CF, and Lake in LF

That the losing formula

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Think if goal was to keep losing

Veras be the Closer, Barney at 2B, Olt be at 3B, Schierholtz in RF, Sweeney in CF, and Lake in LF

That the losing formula

They are not trying to lose. If that was the case they would have kept Alcantara and Baez in Iowa. That is just silly talk.

Jackson is pitching do to they are paying him a lot and they have to get what value they can out of the cash spent. It did n't work out with him but no one expected this team to be good until the prospects in the farm we on the team anyways. I see him on the team until July and hopefully they find a buyer and Edwards or Johnson is ready to go.

What could change things is if Turner finds himself like Arrieta did then they could eat his deal and have Turner fill his role on the cheap. The problem would be eating 22 mil then having to spend another 8 mil to back fill or 30 mil spent on 1 roster spot. But eating 22 mil and paying 500k is another story.