Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would he? Has anyone ever tracked that?
Well if by tracked you mean pure statistics...I guess assists sort of counts. I'd have to go back into the depths of my memory for older players, but I'd imagine Noah could hold his own. Personally, I think he's always been a great passer from the post, it was just magnified last year when all the offense ran through him. Some of the bounce passes he's made for a layup/dunk the past few years were pretty darn good. Right up there with Vlade and Brad Miller at least. Not saying he's like...top 3 all time or whatever (though I guess he could be...again not sure) but if you were making a list, he'd probably be top 10. For passing.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Meh... aside from replacing Deng with McBuckets, not much has changed in Chicago.

All the pressure is still on Rose to be an MVP and carry the team... by himself.

Aren't you slighting Noah and to a degree Pau? And giving no consideration to Mirotic?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well if by tracked you mean pure statistics...I guess assists sort of counts. I'd have to go back into the depths of my memory for older players, but I'd imagine Noah could hold his own. Personally, I think he's always been a great passer from the post, it was just magnified last year when all the offense ran through him. Some of the bounce passes he's made for a layup/dunk the past few years were pretty darn good. Right up there with Vlade and Brad Miller at least. Not saying he's like...top 3 all time or whatever (though I guess he could be...again not sure) but if you were making a list, he'd probably be top 10. For passing.

I think it's at least an interesting proposal even if Noah ends up ranking like #25.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it's at least an interesting proposal even if Noah ends up ranking like #25.
I'd have to dig in to some research to come up with an actual list because all of my knowledge is biased towards the recent years. I haven't had a chance to watch a lot of the older era big men pass the ball. If I have some time I'll actually do some research and perhaps start another thread on it...I'm pretty curious now.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1013628

They mention Noah in the top 15 of guys being bantered around in this one.
I'm finding this to be obnoxiously difficult to research. For whatever reason basketball-reference won't let me filter the assist stats by position. ESPN and NBA.com seem to have the same issue. Among those most commonly discussed from earlier eras though are Kareem, Hakeem, Wes Unseld, Bill Russell, Wilt, Shaq, Walton, and Sabonis. Throw in Divac, Miller, and Noah and you're at 11 guys right there.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
So we missed out on Melo and there is rioting in the forums of the Chicago basketball world? We've already been through Melo drama. He's a loser. And he's OK with it to make things worse. Get over it. In one of the most stacked draft classes the NBA has ever seen, the Bulls got the number 1 scorer in the nation. McDermott, sure he's no franchise cornerstone. But he can score. Mirotic has been getting hyped for years now. The best player in the world outside the NBA. Sure some pessimist could say (that's like being the smartist kid with downsyndrome). I like to think, if he has Special person-like abilities, yo shoot 45% from downtown, more power to him. Let the defender sleep on him and see what happens. Pau was not the best signing, because we know exactly what we're getting. 16/8 on roughly 32 mpg. Another Carlos Boozer? No. Drink a glass of water, slam 2 aleve, and get over that hang over already. They are entirely different players with different styles and resumes. All the Bulls needed was offense these past 4 years. They finally have it. 5 guys on the roster that shoot over the league average (36%) from 3pt land. Athletic wings for penetration, stretch 4, interior combo forward/center in Gasol. The pick and rolls/ pick and pops are going to be insane. The Lebrons and Durants of the world in all their infinite endless reservoirs of talent, can only guard 1 player at a time. This is exactly why San Antonio has been taking them to school for years. Have you people been living under a rock for the past 16 years, since the Jordan era? What in the wild wild world of sports is going on when fans don't believe in their team anymore? Just because we don't land some "I'm OK with being the hometown hero that loses most of the time" like Carmelo Anthony, all of the sudden all hope is lost? Go ahead and call me a homer, I welcome it, I know a franchise championship caliber roster when I see one. The Bulls are right there with the top contenders and will remain there for years. Ya'll should be ashamed of yourselves.

i think you took clones post a bit too serious....he always jokes like that

most ppl here have accepted what we have and are ready for the season

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I really hate being the bearer of bad news, and would love to drink the koolaid with you. However, I cannot ignore reality and common sense.

Here's a link to the top 50 scorers in the NCAA last year. http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/individual/136/p1

Pay close attention to the names of the players and the schools they played for. You will notice that almost all of them played at weaker, 2nd or 3rd tier programs. In fact, Cameron Bairstow, the kid we drafted from New Mexico, is ranked 19th on that list. The only NBA caliber talent from a major program listed is Jabari Parker at #40. Elfrid Payton, drafted out of Louisiana-Lafayette by Orlando, is the only other NBA talent I see. My point in all this, is that this list, and having the distinction of being on it, are largely irrelevant in NBA terms. All it means really is that you were a big fish in a very small pond. There is a tremendous gap between scoring 30 points against Evansville and 30 points in an NBA game. The talent level is exponentially higher in the NBA among your teammates and your opposition. We Bulls fans should be cautiously optimistic and wait to see if McDermott and Mirotic can transition smoothly to the NBA game before talking about our chances to win anything.

How many 'sure things' are there today? This is why you really are not saying anything. One could pretty much say that about pretty much anyone today. Heck, was MJ a sure thing? No one knew he would be so good. I could 'list' a bunch more, but.....

These 'lists' give talent evaluators and scouts a starting point to a players talents as well as strength's and weakness'. Whether you like it or not, stats are part of the game today. Notice #4 on the list (Billy Barron) was also on the Bulls SL team.

Emery and the Bears used them big time this year to bring in 'high pressure' DL players. Theo for the Cubs is using them to bring in low cost pitching prospects with an upside. The point is, while this list does not guarantee shit, it is not purposeless. And certainly not for the reason that "you never know what this prospect will do".

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I'm finding this to be obnoxiously difficult to research. For whatever reason basketball-reference won't let me filter the assist stats by position. ESPN and NBA.com seem to have the same issue. Among those most commonly discussed from earlier eras though are Kareem, Hakeem, Wes Unseld, Bill Russell, Wilt, Shaq, Walton, and Sabonis. Throw in Divac, Miller, and Noah and you're at 11 guys right there.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/65759-top-10-nba-centers-of-all-time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_career_assists_leaders

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
So we missed out on Melo and there is rioting in the forums of the Chicago basketball world? We've already been through Melo drama. He's a loser. And he's OK with it to make things worse. Get over it. In one of the most stacked draft classes the NBA has ever seen, the Bulls got the number 1 scorer in the nation.

McDermott, sure he's no franchise cornerstone. But he can score. Mirotic has been getting hyped for years now. The best player in the world outside the NBA. Sure some pessimist could say (that's like being the smartist kid with downsyndrome). I like to think, if he has Special person-like abilities, yo shoot 45% from downtown, more power to him.

Let the defender sleep on him and see what happens. Pau was not the best signing, because we know exactly what we're getting. 16/8 on roughly 32 mpg. Another Carlos Boozer? No. Drink a glass of water, slam 2 aleve, and get over that hang over already. They are entirely different players with different styles and resumes.

All the Bulls needed was offense these past 4 years. They finally have it. 5 guys on the roster that shoot over the league average (36%) from 3pt land. Athletic wings for penetration, stretch 4, interior combo forward/center in Gasol. The pick and rolls/ pick and pops are going to be insane.

The Lebrons and Durants of the world in all their infinite endless reservoirs of talent, can only guard 1 player at a time. This is exactly why San Antonio has been taking them to school for years. Have you people been living under a rock for the past 16 years, since the Jordan era?

What in the wild wild world of sports is going on when fans don't believe in their team anymore? Just because we don't land some "I'm OK with being the hometown hero that loses most of the time" like Carmelo Anthony, all of the sudden all hope is lost?

Go ahead and call me a homer, I welcome it, I know a franchise championship caliber roster when I see one. The Bulls are right there with the top contenders and will remain there for years. Ya'll should be ashamed of yourselves.

I added some paragraphs for you to make it read better. Carry on .....
:bullbang:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i think you took clones post a bit too serious....he always jokes like that

most ppl here have accepted what we have and are ready for the season
I got disliked for that post :rofl:

Innerwebz so srs

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Aren't you slighting Noah and to a degree Pau? And giving no consideration to Mirotic?

Not sure what you mean by "slighting Noah and Pau"? My point was that not much has changed with this roster over last year. We lost Deng and gained some decent prospects and a veteran player who is old and prone to injury. Noah is a good, not great player. If we see him running the point and dishing the ball like last year, this team is in trouble. He did it to help the team. I doubt that will happen again. The guards should be the ones controlling the ball, creating offense and making plays. I'll stick to my summation that Noah struggles against the elite bigs in the league. He can't score against opposing bigs in the playoffs, so he must find a way to stop them from scoring 20+ if the Bulls have any chance at a championship.

As for Mirotic and McDermott, they will need time adjusting to the NBA and their teammates. They could both be average NBA players or awful. Again, fans will be disappointed if they're expecting anything more than that in their first year in the league.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
How many 'sure things' are there today? This is why you really are not saying anything. One could pretty much say that about pretty much anyone today. Heck, was MJ a sure thing? No one knew he would be so good. I could 'list' a bunch more, but.....

These 'lists' give talent evaluators and scouts a starting point to a players talents as well as strength's and weakness'. Whether you like it or not, stats are part of the game today. Notice #4 on the list (Billy Barron) was also on the Bulls SL team.

Emery and the Bears used them big time this year to bring in 'high pressure' DL players. Theo for the Cubs is using them to bring in low cost pitching prospects with an upside. The point is, while this list does not guarantee shit, it is not purposeless. And certainly not for the reason that "you never know what this prospect will do".

Yeah, except my post had nothing to do with stats. People seem to think McDermott will come out and add instant offense because he was the #1 scorer in the NCAA last year. With all the talk about playoffs and championship contenders, my post was about tempering expectations and keeping things in proper perspective. The Bulls should have a better record because Rose is back. If he gets hurt again, we're probably marginally better if Jimmy and Snell shoot better.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, except my post had nothing to do with stats. People seem to think McDermott will come out and add instant offense because he was the #1 scorer in the NCAA last year. With all the talk about playoffs and championship contenders, my post was about tempering expectations and keeping things in proper perspective. The Bulls should have a better record because Rose is back. If he gets hurt again, we're probably marginally better if Jimmy and Snell shoot better.
Well idk about others, but I think he'll provide offense by virtue of him being a flat out good shooter. I'm not expecting huge numbers, but I am expecting 40+% from 3 or close to it. That's an aspect that we haven't had since Korver, but we know he can do more than Korver can because of what he did in college. Idk...he's not gonna save the team or anything, that's obviously all Rose, but he will help alleviate a little pressure from Rose through his ability to make shots.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still maintain that this year's Bulls team would only be marginally better than the last year the Bulls played a full season with Rose. And that is assuming that the young players adapt very quickly to the NBA which is not a certainty.

What that also means is that Gar/Pax have not done a good job of improving this team to what it needs to be in order to win a championship.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Plan A = Melo
Plan B = Gasol and Hinrich.

Is that a joke? No way in hell is plan B better. Mirotic coming over still could have happened with Plan A so adding him to Plan B is just an attempt to make it sound better. Its over now so let's move on, but I don't need dumb articles to try and rationalize it or pretend that we are better off with Plan B.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Plan A = Melo
Plan B = Gasol and Hinrich.

Is that a joke? No way in hell is plan B better. Mirotic coming over still could have happened with Plan A so adding him to Plan B is just an attempt to make it sound better. Its over now so let's move on, but I don't need dumb articles to try and rationalize it or pretend that we are better off with Plan B.
Why must you include Hinrich at all? He was coming back regardless of who we got.