Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, I could debate the heck outa this as ya'll know, but at this point, we just need to see some teams play, imo.....

Melo isn't really known for his D as we know. He can shoot the ball great, give 25-30/ game, but most of all, hit a big shot at the end of the game, right?

For me, I always questioned his last second shot ability. I never put him in the clutch club like some other guys. That was always my concern with him. For me, when I see him stay in NY and not force a S&T, and maybe do a 2 yr contract, I question his desire to win. But hey, that's my opinion before the trolls .....

The question really is..... will the Bulls be able to manufacture shots at crunch time? The Bulls have proved everything else, imo. But can they score at the end of games? Right? I believe they will, but we shall see. :dunno:
Hm...I thought Melo was a clutch player actually. But we know Rose can hit game winners so there's that as well. We know Rose can do it in the clutch...the whole league does. That's sort of why we need someone else that can make a shot when the entire defense collapses on Rose. Someone that plays a John Paxson/Steve Kerr role would do imo, but it's always nice to have a Pippen or even a Kukoc. I'm not sure if we have anyone like any of those guys...I guess we have the Pax/Kerr role in McD.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Hm...I thought Melo was a clutch player actually. But we know Rose can hit game winners so there's that as well. We know Rose can do it in the clutch...the whole league does. That's sort of why we need someone else that can make a shot when the entire defense collapses on Rose. Someone that plays a John Paxson/Steve Kerr role would do imo, but it's always nice to have a Pippen or even a Kukoc. I'm not sure if we have anyone like any of those guys...I guess we have the Pax/Kerr role in McD.

Don't mean to disrespect Melo, but I'm just not sure Melo's 27/8/3 is better than Pau's post up, Dougie's 3 pt, and Niko's all around matchup game. :dunno:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Don't mean to disrespect Melo, but I'm just not sure Melo's 27/8/3 is better than Pau's post up, Dougie's 3 pt, and Niko's all around matchup game. :dunno:

I am. Also Melo is one of the better clutch performers in the league.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When I see him in a big game and he hits the last shot, I'll agree with you.

[video=youtube;OTmO6_TMl30]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTmO6_TMl30"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTmO6_TMl30[/video]

#8 was the Western Semi-Finals.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Melo's going to be the Charles Barkley of this generation minus an MVP and NBA Finals appearance. It would be nice to have him but I've lost no sleep over him going back to that hell hole known as the New York Knicks.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The prevailing logic is that shot creator >>>>>>>>

Now I don't think it's quite as cut and dry as that, but I do think it'd be nice to have that a little more so than the depth we have now. I still think the team will compete and do well, but I think it's quite possible that the lack of secondary shot creation will come back to bite us at some point.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The prevailing logic is that shot creator >>>>>>>>

Now I don't think it's quite as cut and dry as that, but I do think it'd be nice to have that a little more so than the depth we have now. I still think the team will compete and do well, but I think it's quite possible that the lack of secondary shot creation will come back to bite us at some point.

Eastern Conference Finals vs Cleveland.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Haha

And if Rose is hurt, its another 1st round exit.
I actually think we can make a 2nd round exit...provided Rose doesn't get injured in the 1st round (morale destruction)