How many W's to win the NFC North in 2010?

To win the NFC North in 2010, how many wins will it take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdilla

Liked Posts:
Can you name 5 divisions more competitive than the NFC North figures to be in 2010? How about 3? I know I know, you can't count out Belichick and Brady making it tough for up and coming Rex Ryan and Sanchize, and Miami for that matter. Yet, as I look at the eight divisions of the NFL, only in the NFC's north division are all four teams in a position to have a winning season. Is it even possible for one division to, lets say, split all the division games and then all go like 13-3? Maybe mathematically but probably not realistically.

In a tough division, there are certain must win games. Great teams make up for losing those games by pulling off extraordinary wins that should not have been. Championship teams don't even lose those games at all. Even before the draft and off-season activities I thought there might be a possibility of three teams being above the .500 mark in the north, but 3 teams with double digit wins? Would that be some sort of record?

The question is, how many wins will the division champs have to have. Who ever would take the NFC North would have to take care of rebuilding teams and teams on the ropes like the Giants, Eagles, Rams, Bills, Buccs. Additionally, teams like the Patriots may be very beat-able this season. So a team that was to lose to the Skins or the Fins may find it particularly difficult to make up that ground. Again, there are must wins and there are games we coulda' won if.....

I read some one say the Bears don't get there props for the team they've assembled and I think that can be said about the NFC North division as a whole. With the exception of Brett Favre, they pretty much ignore our wintry wonder lands. Maybe thats because no matter who wins the division, no one sees a viable superbowl contender. Either way, few would disagree this division will be tough to say the least and will have its share of story lines. I hope the Chicago Bears continue to be the underdogs as they tend to thrive in that capacity.

My guess is 10 wins won't win the division flat out. I think it would take about 12 wins to be NFC North Champs in 2010. What do you all think?

regoob2

Liked Posts:
I think 11 will win it. NFC north has a tough schedule.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
AFC North, AFC East, and the NFC East are all more tougher divisions than the NFC North IMO. But I think it will take 10-11 wins to win the NFC North

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would go out and a limb and say 10. MAYBE. If Minnesota messes up and Rodgers has a lesser season than last year. But 11, I agree.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It'll take 10 wins. Because the Bears and Loins suck. It's a 2-team race between Minnesota and Green Bay

jdilla

Liked Posts:
:rolling:

:rolling:I thought someone might say AFC South. I even agree with you the AFC East, but the NFC East seems way too uncertain to be in this discussion.
AFC North, AFC East, and the NFC East are all more tougher divisions than the NFC North IMO. But I think it will take 10-11 wins to win the NFC North

:rolling:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
11 or 12
NFC east will be weaker next year

2ndCitySports

Liked Posts:
11 will take it. I agree NFC east is very uncertain as of now. Bears are much improved so i could see them in the running this season.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I'd go with 12. Especially if Brett returns and the Packers decide to be competitive.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd go with 12. Especially if Brett returns and the Packers decide to be competitive.

Favre is going to return. There is no if. He just doesn't want to go through training camp

Manticore

Liked Posts:
I have a gut feeling Minnesota isn't going to live up to last year regardless of the Favre situation. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Lions win 7 with Bears right in the 9 to 10 win are. I hate to say it,but I like the Packers in the division,with the Bears right behind them.

I voted 11

jdilla

Liked Posts:
Thank you. Finally some one beginning to see Minnesota is going to be over rated going into this season and the Bears are going to be underrated. I don't know if the Lions will get that many wins but I would not be surprised at all. The Packers are suspect too.

Status
Not open for further replies.