"Hitting Wins Championships" (Article)

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Why are people still humoring this schmuck? He's demonstrated time and time again that he isn't worth the time or effort of an honest discussion...

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Why are people still humoring this schmuck? He's demonstrated time and time again that he isn't worth the time or effort of an honest discussion...
Are you seeing anyone to help you with your issues on reality. ..they have the ignore feature. Go ahead and use it

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Are you seeing anyone to help you with your issues on reality. ..they have the ignore feature. Go ahead and use it
He sees your posts when we quote you. That's why the ignore feature on vBulletin is a fail. That said, you lack objectivity with your team.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He sees your posts when we quote you. That's why the ignore feature on vBulletin is a fail. That said, you lack objectivity with your team.

Shoe that. I said our teams have doubts going into 2015..how is that not objective? Did you read that post? It was very objective. Did you check where the Sox were two weeks ago in the WC standings being 4 out? Explain to me how that is not objective. Go ahead.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He sees your posts when we quote you. That's why the ignore feature on vBulletin is a fail
If you read his posts, he absolutely reads what I post. If it was such a bother to him he should ignore the quotes as well. He's jsut a 100% biased ra ra Cub fan that doesn;t want to speak objectively on anything.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Shoe that. I said our teams have doubts going into 2015..how is that not objective? Did you read that post? It was very objective. Did you check where the Sox were two weeks ago in the WC standings being 4 out? Explain to me how that is not objective. Go ahead.
My comment about your visions of grandeur regarding the Sox isn't because of something you said in one post. Your organization has a meh farm system and operates as a small market team in the third largest city in the US (large market). I hate to break it to you, but that isn't a recipe for success. Let me state it this way. The Cubs were on the verge of being a playoff team this year! They started horribly, but battled back to being 10 games under .500. With the Pen sorting itself out and the hitting starting to wake up a bit, there was no reason to think they wouldn't reach .500 and compete...er, wait a minute. 82 wins isn't going to do jack in the NL Central. Are you really hanging your hat on being a .500 club? As much as you bag on the cubs for only making the playoffs, your team wasn't even going to make the playoffs. That 4 games under was simply a peak in the season. Again you cannot comprehend that your team was a pretender this year.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If you read his posts, he absolutely reads what I post. If it was such a bother to him he should ignore the quotes as well. He's jsut a 100% biased ra ra Cub fan that doesn;t want to speak objectively on anything.
So outside of going over to the Sox Forum and trolling the shit out of it, he's Bizzaro World's version of Brett05.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
So outside of going over to the Sox Forum and trolling the shit out of it, he's Bizzaro World's version of Brett05.

Lol, harsh.

If only it were as simple as ignoring the quotes...

Since brett's idiotic comments derail conversations on just about every thread, the only way I'd be able to truly avoid his drivel is by staying off CCS altogether... but I'd rather just try and get everyone to ignore him so that we can have honest Cubs baseball discussions on the regular...

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
My comment about your visions of grandeur regarding the Sox isn't because of something you said in one post.

Fair enough. SO I am sure you are going to get right to it.

Your organization has a meh farm system and operates as a small market team in the third largest city in the US (large market).

Nope, you tangent off on things in efforts to avoid the topic. Sigh. That said, I agree with you except that our farm is probably worse than meh. But wait, that's not objective...oh man...

I hate to break it to you, but that isn't a recipe for success.

When our guys are ready for the bigs they get brought up. The focus is on the major league team not the minors. Do I want a better farm? I do. Am I glad we are putting forth maximum effort with minimal resources? Yes.

Let me state it this way. The Cubs were on the verge of being a playoff team this year!
No they were not.

As much as you bag on the cubs for only making the playoffs,

Show a single post where I "bag on the cubs for only making the playoffs" I won't wait for something that does not exist.

your team wasn't even going to make the playoffs. That 4 games under was simply a peak in the season. Again you cannot comprehend that your team was a pretender this year.

I never had them as a playoff team. Never said they should make moves when they were four out to do so and go for it. I said the opposite as a biased Sox lover..oh wait, no I am showing objectivity....sigh...the team is a lot better than most gave them credit for and would no doubt be right there for a playoff spot if not for the large rash of injuries they had. Not saying they'd get to the playoffs or win if they got there, but they'd be right there as this season hashed out to be. That's objective....being less I would say, oh if only we had Micah Johnson as our leadoff 2b guy, he'd be worth 10 more games in the standings. If only Rienzo would have nailed down the 5th spot...That's just not realistic...oh no there's that objectivity thing again....

SHOW THE BIAS. "I'll hang up and listen for my answer that will never come...."

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Lol, harsh.

Since brett's idiotic comments derail conversations on just about every thread, the only way I'd be able to truly avoid his drivel is by staying off CCS altogether... but I'd rather just try and get everyone to ignore him so that we can have honest Cubs baseball discussions on the regular...

Without baseball fans? That's a rare sighting here. CSF, Chi, and one or two others are about the only honest baseball fans who root their tails off for the CUbs you got. Conversations? You have none. You spend your posts ripping on me. :obama: nvm

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol, harsh.

I like Brett05. If he'd stop trolling regularly, I'd like discussing things with him even more.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
hF8C2CD1F

I never had them as a playoff team. Never said they should make moves when they were four out to do so and go for it. I said the opposite as a biased Sox lover..oh wait, no I am showing objectivity....sigh...the team is a lot better than most gave them credit for and would no doubt be right there for a playoff spot if not for the large rash of injuries they had. Not saying they'd get to the playoffs or win if they got there, but they'd be right there as this season hashed out to be. That's objective....being less I would say, oh if only we had Micah Johnson as our leadoff 2b guy, he'd be worth 10 more games in the standings. If only Rienzo would have nailed down the 5th spot...That's just not realistic...oh no there's that objectivity thing again....

SHOW THE BIAS. "I'll hang up and listen for my answer that will never come...."
In bold. That didn't take long. :lol:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
hF8C2CD1F

In bold. That didn't take long. :lol:

Those last two were things I have never said..the first is objective...show me where it is not...Have teh Sox not had a large rash? Was not a list posted here?

ZAN

Liked Posts:
I said from the go we are an 81 team and better than the Cubs. If we were healthy we'd be a wildcard team and as we are now....bettee than the Cubs

Organizationally, are you in better shape than the Cubs? Honestly?

Maybe I'm a "big picture" guy...but if I'm not at least an 87 win club, I wanna be in last place, stockpiling Bryants, Schwarbers, Baezs, Almoras, and Solers to get us back into FIRM contention.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Maybe I'm a "big picture" guy...but if I'm not at least an 87 win club, I wanna be in last place, stockpiling Bryants, Schwarbers, Baezs, Almoras, and Solers to get us back into FIRM contention.
Disagree. The Cardinals are not always an 87 win club and they do not worry about being in last place. They have a good farm system. They spend good money on the draft picks, etc. Granted they get an extra pick, but there is no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater unless there needs to be a large turnover to make changes. I don't see that happening for a long time once a pipeline starts.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Disagree. The Cardinals are not always an 87 win club and they do not worry about being in last place. They have a good farm system. They spend good money on the draft picks, etc. Granted they get an extra pick, but there is no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater unless there needs to be a large turnover to make changes. I don't see that happening for a long time once a pipeline starts.

They get an extra pick, but they're also just an incredible organization... hopefully we're headed in the direction where we won't need top picks to consistently have a stacked farm...

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Hoenstly...great question. We have a Sale and a Quintana who are every bit as valuable as any prospect the Cubs have. And we added Rodon to that mix. Those three could be lights out for years to come. Plus I like some of our hitters. But in all honesty top to bottom I could see it being closer than a White Sox fan would want to admit.