1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
brad+miller+celebrating1.jpg

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
That's the problem with golden/silver era basketball documentaries. 95% of it, is face-to-camera commentary and testimonial of players. 5% is archived footage.

Games were just starting to get televised in the 70's and even getting to the 80's I doubt very many games were preserved to be seen, local stations probablt either didn't tape them or reused the tapes. NBATV shows NBA Classics, but going back all they have is the finals. I'd really like to see some Bulls games from the 70's, especially the 77 first round playoff game against the Trailblazers. One because I was standing in the first balcony and second Bill Walton called it the toughest game he ever played.

My recollection of passing centers would be Tom Boerwinkle, Dave Cowens, Nate Thurmond got the quadruple double, Wes Unseld, Willis Reed played on some very unselfish Knicks teams. Way back there wasn't the screen roll two man game and on good teams there wasn't as much one on one that was mostly great scorers carrying the show on bad teams. Centers used to be required to pass the ball in the flow of the offense so they might not have rolled up the assist numbers but could still do it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When I have time I'm gonna try to dig up as much footage as I can of these guys. If it proves to be worthwhile, I'll post some here.

Liked Posts:
LOL that Noah is better than the greatest Center of all time (Kareem) at ANYTHING.

:cmonman:

Lol at Kareem being the greatest center if all time. And, yes, Noah is a better passer than Kareem. Noah can actually run a fast break. Noah is actually a highly effective passer in spite of opponents not respecting him as a scorer.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Lol at Kareem being the greatest center if all time. And, yes, Noah is a better passer than Kareem. Noah can actually run a fast break. Noah is actually a highly effective passer in spite of opponents not respecting him as a scorer.

Kareem appeared in 19 all star games. He also has 6 rings (two as a coach). 6 MVP's. 3rd in blocked shots. He has the most assists for any C. Invented the unstoppable Skyhook. Finals MVP. 11 time all defensive team. 15 time all NBA team. And, oh yeah, the all time points record. While I could debate many of these C's as the best, your slight of Kareem is just ridiculous!

jabbarchamberlain.jpg

kareem-double-middle-finger-action.jpg

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

[video=youtube;QM7rBkpMJHY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM7rBkpMJHY[/video]

@3:50

think about him with Noah/Gasol :fap:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
think about him with Noah/Gasol :fap:

After averaging 18.5 points and 41.5 percent from three over five seasons with the Chicago Bulls, Gordon saw his numbers drop with the Detroit Pistons and Bobcats. In three years with Detroit, the former UConn Husky averaged 12.4 points and 37.9 percent from three. In a season and a half with the Bobcats, Gordon posted averages of 10 points per game and 37.7 percent shooting from deep.

It'll be interesting to see what ol Ben does with the Magic. My guess is he'll continue to suck, and never was that good. He'll be famous for a couple good playoff games in the end. personally, I think Ben is too selfish to do well in Thib's system.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
you dont have to post stats that shows he sucked when he left....im well aware of that

im hoping he works out with the magic....he said he wanted to revitalize himself

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Why is BG even being discussed? He's not a center. :kermit:

seen the Brad Miller pic and remembered the interview of Ben saying he had good chemistry with Brad because of his passing skills

you cant mention him without getting in a debate :dunno:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
seen the Brad Miller pic and remembered the interview of Ben saying he had good chemistry with Brad because of his passing skills

you cant mention him without getting in a debate :dunno:
Yes, BG would benefit from good passers...so would any shooter. This is why having Gasol and Noah with McD, Dunleavy, and Mirotic should be a good thing.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Yes, BG would benefit from good passers...so would any shooter. This is why having Gasol and Noah with McD, Dunleavy, and Mirotic should be a good thing.

not disagreeing with you

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

Both Niko and McD shoot close to 50% from 3, and MDunn is capable of low 40's. This should be HUGE for the Bulls with their great passing big men!

Liked Posts:
Kareem appeared in 19 all star games. He also has 6 rings (two as a coach). 6 MVP's. 3rd in blocked shots. He has the most assists for any C. Invented the unstoppable Skyhook. Finals MVP. 11 time all defensive team. 15 time all NBA team. And, oh yeah, the all time points record. While I could debate many of these C's as the best, your slight of Kareem is just ridiculous!

jabbarchamberlain.jpg

kareem-double-middle-finger-action.jpg

Of all the decades, going back to the 1960s, the 70s was by far the worst. Between a rampant coke problem and half the talent playing in the ABA, you'd have to be a complete mouth breathing Special person to throw Kareem's resume out there.

Kareem was so overrated. He was robin to Magics bat man. Magic might have been a better center than Kareem.

But that's not even relevant anyway. You put ha ha in my coke.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Of all the decades, going back to the 1960s, the 70s was by far the worst. Between a rampant coke problem and half the talent playing in the ABA, you'd have to be a complete mouth breathing Special person to throw Kareem's resume out there.

Kareem was so overrated. He was robin to Magics bat man. Magic might have been a better center than Kareem.

For the love of god stop posting. :facepalm2:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Well...I guess you're entitled to your opinion...

:bizarro: