#BanTheStripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Just thought of something that has been going on ....

Seen this hashtag going around on Twitter lately?

It's a movement among some of the female Blackhawks fans to get the Blackhawks to stop playing "The Stripper" on the organ while the female audience member partakes in the second intermission Shoot the Puck competition.

I've seen it picking up a lot of steam in the last month or so, particularly when one Hawks fan asked the front office about it during a Q & A panel at the Blackhawks convention. Apparently, their voices were heard.

Per @Mark Lazerus on Twitter:
I just spoke with #Blackhawks CEO John McDonough. "I think you’ve heard the last of Frank Pellico playing The Stripper."

Now, to be honest, I didn't even notice that they played the same song during the Shoot the Puck and certainly had no clue it was called "The Stripper." But for an organization that got Susannah Collins fired for accidentally saying the word "sex" on TV, it would've been somewhat hypocritical to continue this practice, eh?

What say you, CCS?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
No clue what that song is.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If they want to change it fine, but I love people who try to take the moral high road, as if this people would stay away if they kept playing "the stripper."

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
LOL, was wondering if it would ever get protested by feminists.

Oh well. not really a loss. I just wonder when we'll see some activism by proud adult entertainers who hate being demonized, actually make the same type of headlines(hint, it happens and is ignored).

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just thought of something that has been going on ....

Seen this hashtag going around on Twitter lately?

It's a movement among some of the female Blackhawks fans to get the Blackhawks to stop playing "The Stripper" on the organ while the female audience member partakes in the second intermission Shoot the Puck competition.

I've seen it picking up a lot of steam in the last month or so, particularly when one Hawks fan asked the front office about it during a Q & A panel at the Blackhawks convention. Apparently, their voices were heard.

Per @Mark Lazerus on Twitter:

Now, to be honest, I didn't even notice that they played the same song during the Shoot the Puck and certainly had no clue it was called "The Stripper." But for an organization that got Susannah Collins fired for accidentally saying the word "sex" on TV, it would've been somewhat hypocritical to continue this practice, eh?

What say you, CCS?

I say DMelt is really reaching for some hockey interest. :troll:

Oh, and BTW....here's the "The Stripper" from 1962.

[video=youtube;rjtrUuyAFjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjtrUuyAFjA[/video]

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Amazing how easy sports teams cave to groups asking for something nowadays. So sad. Nobody has balls anymore.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Well it is stupid to have ever had it - not to mention the entire concept of an 'Ice Crew' is completely idiotic marketing -that is what desperate loser teams do to try to bring in the knuckle dragging, mouth breather class in a last ditch effort to try to make a buck cheaply (as in when they don't invest in their product on the ice).

I never saw the Hawks (in the current incarnation) as that sort of team -so idiot MvDonough ought to have pulled his finger out a long time ago and ditch that stuff.

It is one of the few intelligent things that the McCasky's did with the Bears in the 80's.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Well it is stupid to have ever had it - not to mention the entire concept of an 'Ice Crew' is completely idiotic marketing -that is what desperate loser teams do to try to bring in the knuckle dragging, mouth breather class in a last ditch effort to try to make a buck cheaply (as in when they don't invest in their product on the ice).

I never saw the Hawks (in the current incarnation) as that sort of team -so idiot MvDonough ought to have pulled his finger out a long time ago and ditch that stuff.

It is one of the few intelligent things that the McCasky's did with the Bears in the 80's.

Unless you're a homo or a feminazi, there is absolutely no reason to complain about the ice girls. They're probably making some decent money and if they're cute enough, they may get some other promotional opportunities. If they drop the outfits, then the Hawks don't need the girls anymore so all you're doing is costing some girls jobs.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Although seriously though, I thought about this last night - this is something that I think I would actually write a letter to McDonough about.

Actually you know what - actually I think the answer for me is that I don't have to put up with this shit and won't.

Enjoy your boards guys -as it is clear that whatever the hell that was is the demographic that you are after.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Although seriously though, I thought about this last night - this is something that I think I would actually write a letter to McDonough about.

Actually you know what - actually I think the answer for me is that I don't have to put up with this shit and won't.

Enjoy your boards guys -as it is clear that whatever the hell that was is the demographic that you are after.

Can't argue about anything you said. There's more internet "tough guys" than ever before....people who are free to say whatever they want while hiding behind a monitor and a keyboard. You can bet the shit they spew here would never slobber out of their mouths if they were eye to eye with you....but it is what it is and while there was a point a few years ago that I boycotted this site as well, I came back and just ignored and laughed at the assholes.

If that doesn't work....try the over the counter stuff.

79fe6bdcf74429beef21c406f2b4a215.jpg
or this
troll_spray.gif

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Unless you're a homo or a feminazi, there is absolutely no reason to complain about the ice girls. They're probably making some decent money and if they're cute enough, they may get some other promotional opportunities. If they drop the outfits, then the Hawks don't need the girls anymore so all you're doing is costing some girls jobs.

I'm just amazed that there are still people who think things like this.

If you think that guy is the prevailing mentality on this board you're mistaken.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I don't think much is wrong with having Ice Girls. It is a marketing tactic but the girls know what they are getting into. Sure they could probably improve the outfits but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. It's like having cheerleaders, I get both sides of the debate and if the Ice Girls go it wouldn't be the end of the world

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I don't think much is wrong with having Ice Girls. It is a marketing tactic but the girls know what they are getting into. Sure they could probably improve the outfits but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. It's like having cheerleaders, I get both sides of the debate and if the Ice Girls go it wouldn't be the end of the world

Why should they go though? They're not doing anything wrong. Just because a few folks are offended doesn't mean the team should just bow down and say fuck it.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Also, this is hilariously optimistic.

You want me to believe the NHL pays these women "decent money" when the NFL treats its counterparts like this? http://deadspin.com/nfl-cheerleading-is-a-scam-a-former-ravens-cheerleader-1509840273

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Why should they go though? They're not doing anything wrong. Just because a few folks are offended doesn't mean the team should just bow down and say fuck it.

In one of the stories regarding this recent move by the Hawks, I believe I read that an estimated 40% of the fan base is female. And I'll bet it's a notable portion of that percentage that doesn't care for the Ice Crew. I'd wager that's more than "a few folks."

Ultimately, I'm indifferent on this issue. I really don't care. I got into the Hawks well before the Ice Crew existed. If it went away tomorrow, I wouldn't care at all. Doesn't appear we have any female posters (that I know of) in this forum, so it's hard to get that opinion on this side of it, as I imagine it's more of the female Hawks fan base that are opposed to this. But I've interacted with enough female Hawks fans in person and through social media to know that this is something that annoys them ... enough for them to raise questions about it. And enough for one fan to directly ask the Hawks front office about it at the Fan Convention.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
In one of the stories regarding this recent move by the Hawks, I believe I read that an estimated 40% of the fan base is female. And I'll bet it's a notable portion of that percentage that doesn't care for the Ice Crew. I'd wager that's more than "a few folks."

Ultimately, I'm indifferent on this issue. I really don't care. I got into the Hawks well before the Ice Crew existed. If it went away tomorrow, I wouldn't care at all. Doesn't appear we have any female posters (that I know of) in this forum, so it's hard to get that opinion on this side of it, as I imagine it's more of the female Hawks fan base that are opposed to this. But I've interacted with enough female Hawks fans in person and through social media to know that this is something that annoys them ... enough for them to raise questions about it. And enough for one fan to directly ask the Hawks front office about it at the Fan Convention.

The only reason why they would be annoyed is because a lot of women here in the Midwest are fat lazy fucks that are tired of their men gawking over the hot ice girls. And that's not a valid reason for getting rid of them.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The only reason why they would be annoyed is because a lot of women here in the Midwest are fat lazy fucks that are tired of their men gawking over the hot ice girls. And that's not a valid reason for getting rid of them.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Pretty obvious that he's talking out of his ass because it's apparent he's never been to Hawk game. You'd have to be blind or dead not to notice one the finest collection of women around that attend Blackhawk games at the UC. It's nothing new either. It was exactly the same way at the Chicago Stadium. LOL, highly doubtful they'd be the least bit jealous of the kids skating around shoveling snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.