Minutes Per Game

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Well the lines are closer in Euroleague and NCAA so that might count for something. Though with McDermott, he shot so many contested 3s and he has deep range anyway, you may have a very valid point. It's not out of the realm of possibility at all, I'm just saying I wouldn't expect them to be THAT good right out of the gate.

Certainly not out of the gate, I agree. I just don't see these guys being denied their 3's. Niko is more a mystery for me, but McD's shot is so quick, I'm already confident in it!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
What's your point? :dunno: That was last year. THIS year.... we added two 50% (almost) 3 pt shooters, a microwave b/u PG, the 1st post big man since Thib's has been here, and Rose is back!

i was talking to czman

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
yeah Korver shot like 47% from 3 but thats a ridiculous percentage especially with his volume having almost 400 attempted

while its not absolutely impossible, its highly unlikely....so you going around saying we have two 50% 3 point shooters is overstating it.....40-43 i think is more reasonable/realistic which is still great

47% from 3 seems so unreal to me (unless volume is low) what Korver did last year shooting was amazing

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Certainly not out of the gate, I agree. I just don't see these guys being denied their 3's. Niko is more a mystery for me, but McD's shot is so quick, I'm already confident in it!
I've been drinking a bit of the McDermott kool-aid myself. His shot is pure...arguably best on the team right now out of the gate. Both him and Mirotic are going to hit a lot of 3s...or we're screwed lol. Only thing I see bringing down McDermott's percentages is how Thibs uses him. Korver shot 47% shooting mostly spot up shots. When he was here, Thibs ran him around like he was Rip Hamilton in his prime or Ray Allen. I think he only shot like 41%. Obviously 41% is still very good, but if Thibs could somehow have figured out how to use Korver like Atlanta uses Korver, we might've seen a completely different Korver. Maybe McDermott's off the ball game will be so good that he still shoots extremely well...he does have a much more complete offensive game than Korver after all.

Eh I ramble too much...tl;dr McDermott's gonna be a good shooter.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose (35). Brooks (18).
Hinrich (15). Snell (8).
Butler (35). Dunleavy (20). McDermott (13).
Gasol (26). Mirotic (12).
Noah (32). Gibson (26).

I expect Butler to get minutes at both wing positions, and might still hit the 35 min/gm mark despite the Bulls' added depth.

I expect Kirk to decline, and Thibs to go with a Rose-Brooks backcourt as often as he can (despite Brooks not being as good defensively as Kirk) because the extra offensive will just be too tempting - especially during the 4th quarter.

I expect Taj to get as many minutes as Gasol (if not more) because Thibs likes Taj's defense too much to sit him in the 4th quarters of close games.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
13 minutes for McDermott isn't gonna cut it

i'll be very upset with thibs if he doesn't play the best shooter and maybe the best scorer on the team outside of Rose

for us to make any type of noise this year we need our rooks to be impact players....yeah we'll be improved with Rose/Gasol but i cant see us beating the Cavs

and i think this is the year we have to strike because Cavs will only get better

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

i'll be very upset with thibs if he doesn't play the best shooter and maybe the best scorer on the team outside of Rose

I'd love to see McDermott get his minutes, and Dunleavy get more time on the bench. But reality is that Thibs sees every regular season game the same way as he would see Game 7 of the NBA Finals. I think he will be too tempted to give playing time to a player who knows the system as opposed to a player that has more upside.

Hopefully if GarPax sees this happen, they will trade Dunleavy away mid-season.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Rose (35). Brooks (18).
Hinrich (15). Snell (8).
Butler (35). Dunleavy (20). McDermott (13).
Gasol (26). Mirotic (12).
Noah (32). Gibson (26).

I expect Butler to get minutes at both wing positions, and might still hit the 35 min/gm mark despite the Bulls' added depth.

I expect Kirk to decline, and Thibs to go with a Rose-Brooks backcourt as often as he can (despite Brooks not being as good defensively as Kirk) because the extra offensive will just be too tempting - especially during the 4th quarter.

I expect Taj to get as many minutes as Gasol (if not more) because Thibs likes Taj's defense too much to sit him in the 4th quarters of close games.

I think you are really too high on Brooks, perhaps we should check the minutes John Lucas III got because that's where Brooks should be.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you are really too high on Brooks, perhaps we should check the minutes John Lucas III got because that's where Brooks should be.

Brooks is a decent scorer and player. Look what he did in the playoffs in 2009 against the Lakers. He, Rose, and Gasol (when fed in the post) are the only players that can create their own shot that we know of. I think Thibs will be smart enough to let Brooks play alongside Rose because Rose is athletic enough to guard most NBA 2's and Brooks can just defend the point. Rose needs relief in the backcourt and Brooks provides that.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

for us to make any type of noise this year we need our rooks to be impact players....yeah we'll be improved with Rose/Gasol but i cant see us beating the Cavs

and i think this is the year we have to strike because Cavs will only get better

One of the problems is that they are way loaded with big men including Mirotic and McBuckets. Bairstow also is in reality the only other true center on the team so he will probably get a few minutes also. There are only so many minutes to divide up among Noah, Gasol, Gibson, Mirotic, and Bairstow who are PFs and C respectively. Then you go to small forward where they are also kind of heavy with Butler, Dunleavy, McBuckets, and Snell.That is nine guys not counting the two guard positions who are left with only four guys.

So.....as it stands now, I cannot believe that Thibs is going to give big minutes to Mirotic, McBuckets, Bairstow, or Snell If he does that he is probably going to piss off Gasol, Gibson and Noah. I also think that Mirotic will be pissed also after having the Bulls pursue him over the last few years.

This is then my prediction:

Noah --- 38 MPG Bairstow --- 7 MPG Snell --- 5MPG
Gibson --- 32 MPG Mirotic --- 12 MPG New Guard(?) --- & MPG
Gasol --- 26 MPG McBuckets ---8 MPG
Rose --- 35 MPG Brooks --- 10 MPG
Butler --- 38 MPG Hinrich --- 12 MPG
Dunleavy --- 20 MPG
When you look at our bench, most of these guys are either rookies or 2nd year players along with Hinrich, Brooks, and the new guy. When have we ever watched Thibs put guys in that he didn't trust to deliver and give preference to veterans when he has too. This is what I see and I may be wrong BUT I think it is a huge reach to assume that these guys on the bench are going to play a lot or perform right away when they do get in. This is a very young bench.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Brooks is a decent scorer and player. Look what he did in the playoffs in 2009 against the Lakers. He, Rose, and Gasol (when fed in the post) are the only players that can create their own shot that we know of. I think Thibs will be smart enough to let Brooks play alongside Rose because Rose is athletic enough to guard most NBA 2's and Brooks can just defend the point. Rose needs relief in the backcourt and Brooks provides that.
You're probably right, I'd rather have Augustin but Brooks can definitely get his own shot and Thibs knows that's what this team needs.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of the problems is that they are way loaded with big men including Mirotic and McBuckets. Bairstow also is in reality the only other true center on the team so he will probably get a few minutes also. There are only so many minutes to divide up among Noah, Gasol, Gibson, Mirotic, and Bairstow who are PFs and C respectively. Then you go to small forward where they are also kind of heavy with Butler, Dunleavy, McBuckets, and Snell.That is nine guys not counting the two guard positions who are left with only four guys.

So.....as it stands now, I cannot believe that Thibs is going to give big minutes to Mirotic, McBuckets, Bairstow, or Snell If he does that he is probably going to piss off Gasol, Gibson and Noah. I also think that Mirotic will be pissed also after having the Bulls pursue him over the last few years.

This is then my prediction:

Noah --- 38 MPG Bairstow --- 7 MPG Snell --- 5MPG
Gibson --- 32 MPG Mirotic --- 12 MPG New Guard(?) --- & MPG
Gasol --- 26 MPG McBuckets ---8 MPG
Rose --- 35 MPG Brooks --- 10 MPG
Butler --- 38 MPG Hinrich --- 12 MPG
Dunleavy --- 20 MPG
When you look at our bench, most of these guys are either rookies or 2nd year players along with Hinrich, Brooks, and the new guy. When have we ever watched Thibs put guys in that he didn't trust to deliver and give preference to veterans when he has too. This is what I see and I may be wrong BUT I think it is a huge reach to assume that these guys on the bench are going to play a lot or perform right away when they do get in. This is a very young bench.

That looks like a semi-realistic minute chart. I can see the Australian kid averaging like 7 minutes per-game, but I can also seeing him having a lot of DNP's. I think the only times he sees the court during the regular season will be blow-outs, and when either Noah, Taj, or Gasol are out with injury.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i dont see Bairstow getting any minutes

if Thibs only plays Dougie 8 minutes i give Paxson the green light to choke him like he did Vinny....thats unacceptable

Doug is lottery pick and is the most NBA ready player in the class and fills a dier need with his shooting/scoring

no way should Noah get 38 minutes a game....Gasol can slide over to the center position and play minutes with Gibs

with the depth we have no player should be overplayed (although i suspect Butler will still play a ton)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully if GarPax sees this happen, they will trade Dunleavy away mid-season.
Trading Dunleavy for a decent SG would be a fantastic move imo. Frees up more time for McDermott and lets Butler play a lot more SF (since he's apparently so much better there). Too bad a ~3M SG wouldn't be able to create their own shot very well.

SP33

Liked Posts:
Rose 32, Kirk 8-12, Brooks 4-8
Butler 36, Snell 12-16
MDJ 22, McDermott 10-14
Gasol 28, Gibson 28, Mirotic 10-14
Noah 32, Nazr assuming he is still a Bull will play late in blowout games.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

I agree with you about seeing Rose and Brooks in the backcourt. I see this as being a weapon for the Bulls.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
One of the problems is that they are way loaded with big men including Mirotic and McBuckets.

I stopped reading after this... :smh: I bet that's a big problem that no team would want to deal with. :dunno:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

if Thibs only plays Dougie 8 minutes i give Paxson the green light to choke him like he did Vinny....thats unacceptable

Doug is lottery pick and is the most NBA ready player in the class and fills a dier need with his shooting/scoring

no way should Noah get 38 minutes a game....Gasol can slide over to the center position and play minutes with Gibs

with the depth we have no player should be overplayed (although i suspect Butler will still play a ton)

Bairstow's job will be to come in and bang people when the Bulls need a physical presence. If his scoring translates a little, he'll get more minutes. I agree with you about McD, however, as I expect him to be a weapon for the Bulls right away. It's ridiculous to think he'll get only a couple minutes.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Trading Dunleavy for a decent SG would be a fantastic move imo. Frees up more time for McDermott and lets Butler play a lot more SF (since he's apparently so much better there). Too bad a ~3M SG wouldn't be able to create their own shot very well.

I agree, but I think he gives the Bulls a veteran at the 3 which makes for some comfortably until Niko and McD get going. If anything, I see MDunn traded at the deadline. However, I'm not sure he'll be traded as it's my belief that Pax is loyal to him for signing cheap to play for a winner. Right or wrong, Pax is very much this way.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

There is "depth" but really only at the PF position. In reality Noah is their only real center. The other bigs are really PFs and SFs