Minutes Per Game

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trading Dunleavy for a decent SG would be a fantastic move imo. Frees up more time for McDermott and lets Butler play a lot more SF (since he's apparently so much better there). Too bad a ~3M SG wouldn't be able to create their own shot very well.

Exactly!

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
There is "depth" but really only at the PF position. In reality Noah is their only real center. The other bigs are really PFs and SFs

Debating our G's are weak is one thing, but to start in on the depth of our front line? Sheeesh, man, I hope you're trollin cuz if not... :dunno:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Debating our G's are weak is one thing, but to start in on the depth of our front line? Sheeesh, man, I hope you're trollin cuz if not... :dunno:

Other than Noah, who are our legit centers? We have a lot of big guys, but not true centers. ANd I do not consider this any kind of a big problem other than when the other team has a big physical guy who can manhandle Noah underneath. Gasol can play the center position sometimes but he really is a power forward. By the way, what is this trolling crap you throw at me from time to time? You may not agree with all or anything that I say but I do not bait people in order to stir up shit.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Other than Noah, who are our legit centers? We have a lot of big guys, but not true centers. ANd I do not consider this any kind of a big problem other than when the other team has a big physical guy who can manhandle Noah underneath. Gasol can play the center position sometimes but he really is a power forward. By the way, what is this trolling crap you throw at me from time to time? You may not agree with all or anything that I say but I do not bait people in order to stir up shit.

OK, I guess you're not trolling .... yikes. :wacko: What is a true C today? How many true C's are there in the NBA. It's a different game today. It will be about the matchups. Noah, Pau, Taj, and Bairstow can all play C. This is an advantage for the Bulls. Is Bosh a true C? Is Varejao a true C? One could argue that Shaq was the last 'true' C. I don't get your concerns with this at all.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I think that the best team that the Bulls had was the one with Korver and the rest of the bench mob not the team they have now. That bench was an excellent one.

That bench could not score at all outside of Korver. The current bench, as constructed, has much more offensive potentcy to go along with solid defense. Not to mention, the team has legitimate low post scorer in the starting line-up for the first time since Eddy Curry. Hands down, this is the best team assembled around Rose to this point in his career.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That bench could not score at all outside of Korver. The current bench, as constructed, has much more offensive potentcy to go along with solid defense. Not to mention, the team has legitimate low post scorer in the starting line-up for the first time since Eddy Curry. Hands down, this is the best team assembled around Rose to this point in his career.
And yet we are somehow doomed still. A forgone conclusion apparently if you're "realistic" or whatever.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

If Gibson starts, where is this solid defense on the bench? Just asking a question. And that bench mob with Korver was the best bench all around that they have had in the ROse era. They had decent scoring, rebounding, and defense. This team has the POTENTIAL to be a very good one benchwise. I am not arguing that. I say that they have a lot to prove.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Gibson starts, where is this solid defense on the bench? Just asking a question. And that bench mob with Korver was the best bench all around that they have had in the ROse era. They had decent scoring, rebounding, and defense. This team has the POTENTIAL to be a very good one benchwise. I am not arguing that. I say that they have a lot to prove.
Gasol would still be decent defense off the bench. For all his reputation as being soft, he's still averaged over a block per game the past few years. He's a big body and he knows how to play. But I think Gasol will be starting so...:shrug:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OK, I guess you're not trolling .... yikes. :wacko: What is a true C today? How many true C's are there in the NBA. It's a different game today. It will be about the matchups. Noah, Pau, Taj, and Bairstow can all play C. This is an advantage for the Bulls. Is Bosh a true C? Is Varejao a true C? One could argue that Shaq was the last 'true' C. I don't get your concerns with this at all.

I didn't say anything about concerns with this. I do think that they still will have some problem with Noah and the really big bangers. This is maybe where Baristow could get his minutes.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And yet we are somehow doomed still. A forgone conclusion apparently if you're "realistic" or whatever.

"Doomed"? Who said that? I sure didn't. I said that they will be a much better team than the last two years and will be a good team. But I do not happen to believe that they are a championship caliber team right now the way that they are built.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Y
Gasol would still be decent defense off the bench. For all his reputation as being soft, he's still averaged over a block per game the past few years. He's a big body and he knows how to play. But I think Gasol will be starting so...:shrug:

You are probably right about Gasol starting. Personally I don't agree with it but it probably will happen. I disagree, though, about Gasol being a decent defender. He is better than Boozer but that isn't saying much. Personally, the best line-up would have Gibson starting and Gasol coming off of the bench and spell he and Noah. If they start Gasol the defense will be weakened.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"Doomed"? Who said that? I sure didn't. I said that they will be a much better team than the last two years and will be a good team. But I do not happen to believe that they are a championship caliber team right now the way that they are built.
Doomed in this context refers to being screwed at making the Finals. Finals or bust mentality right?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doomed in this context refers to being screwed at making the Finals. Finals or bust mentality right?

Yeah it really is that way to me. This team had a chance(and still do I guess) to win multiple championships when Rose returned and so far they didn't deliver a championship caliber team. I understand why they haven't made it before when Rose got hurt but this time, there isn't any excuse for the front office. There was talent out there and they didn't deliver it. There is no excuse for it. If this is the team going into the season, both should be fired.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah it really is that way to me. This team had a chance(and still do I guess) to win multiple championships when Rose returned and so far they didn't deliver a championship caliber team. I understand why they haven't made it before when Rose got hurt but this time, there isn't any excuse for the front office. There was talent out there and they didn't deliver it. There is no excuse for it. If this is the team going into the season, both should be fired.
Well I guess we can add another to the #FireGarPax campaign

SP33

Liked Posts:
This current bench is definitely deeper than the one we they had with Korver.

So far McDermott has been shredding up any opposition he's faced at each higher level. Mirotic is more hyped than that. Snell is still a work in progress but hopefully he will develop at the same rate Butler did.

Gibson is about to hit his ceiling in terms of where he was 3 years ago.

This current bench appears to be the best in the NBA.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I guess we can add another to the #FireGarPax campaign

They still have time. I still have hope that they pull something off. This team is good and they have a lot of nice talent. But they do need a second ball handler and offensive player in the back-court.

SP33

Liked Posts:
The way Pop's distributes minutes with the Spurs could be a good model. Look at Butlers work load and how his efficiency and shooting % dropped once he went from 28 to 36. While Leonard gets around 30 mpg and shoots 50/40. Wearing out players can be detrimental to maintaining their overall efficiency while their actually on the floor.

Seems like it applys with San Antonio's entire roster. None of the key core players play over 30 mpg and they all shoot extremely well on good shot selection, a well set up offensive scheme, and most importantly, fresh legs.