CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I can't be a fan of things that aren't MLB teams?

I am a fan of beer, hot wings, rock-n-roll....and Wrigley Field.

Sure, but beer, hot wings, rock n roll and Wrigley Field aren't 10 games under .500.

Liked Posts:
5 years.. no

For argument sake, if they made a deal with Rosemont and they started digging in October. Theyd be ready to move in opening day 2016.

They tried to buy out the rooftops they wouldn't sell.

There 6 more seasons left on their contract and these RT owners will drag this out for as long as they can to collect their money..

Only way Ricketts are going to get the RT owners to make a deal is to make a legitimate threat to leave if a deal isnt in place for them to start construction at a certain date...

Tom Ricketts need to grow a pair like Reinsdorf did and quit letting his "love" for WF and the RT control him

This kind of talk is truly a shame and an embarrassment as a fan. What gave the Ricketts done to engender such blind allegiance and slavish devotion? Look at the product they've put out there. You're indeed of the gullible and stupid if you believe what's posted here. Blindly supporting the Ricketts doesn't make you a Cubs fan-- it makes you a schmuck.

The Ricketts have pissing on you and telling you it's rain. And you believe them. Good job, stupid!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This kind of talk is truly a shame and an embarrassment as a fan. What gave the Ricketts done to engender such blind allegiance and slavish devotion? Look at the product they've put out there. You're indeed of the gullible and stupid if you believe what's posted here. Blindly supporting the Ricketts doesn't make you a Cubs fan-- it makes you a schmuck.

The Ricketts have pissing on you and telling you it's rain. And you believe them. Good job, stupid!
Huh ??? LMAO

Reading what you just wrote just made me stupid cause it made no sense

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You have it backwards. But it's understandable, you prime mate.
Ok ill play...

you quoted and chose to go off on me for something I posted
answer these questions and explain why ?

What did I write that would be a kind of talk that would truly be a shame and embarrassment to you as a fan ?

What did I write that that says I have blind allegiance and slavish devotion to the ricketts ?

What is posted here that I believe in and makes me gullible and stupid ?

what did I write that has me blindly supporting the ricketts which wouldn't make me a cubs fan but a schmuck ?

what exactly did I write above that says anything about believing anything the ricketts said which would now make me stupid ?

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
You have it backwards. But it's understandable, you prime mate.

"Prime mate"...? Got a thing for him? That's adorable.

Also, number me among the curious... can you actually explain/justify your opinions or are you just in the habit of haphazardly throwing out silly insults and accusations?

Liked Posts:

Also, number me among the curious... can you actually explain/justify your opinions or are you just in the habit of haphazardly throwing out silly insults and accusations?

You're honestly asking g me to explain something to someone using the word "haphazardly" in this post.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Well, it's cuz he's an Australopithecus, or "fruit bearer"..... say no more.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Ha ha. That's funny. I almost believed you for a second.

Yeah, I really have no idea what you're talking about now.

But I guess your not responding to my question is a clear enough answer.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ricketts actually looked at some properties the 1st time. This was a bluff on his part in the beginning. I actually compliment Ricketts for trying to keep the Cubs in Wrigley cuz of the tradition.........

But I'm with you. Enough is enough. These fuckin leaches are a big reason for the holdup. If I were Rickett's I'd start something in motion to scare the fuck out the city and rooftop owners. I think it's just absurd that these fuckin leach rooftop owners have a say in keeping the Cubs from giving a better product, and stadium to the city of Chicago!
You've gotta keep in mind the Cubs are the ones that chose to get into business with the rooftop owners and specifically allowed the part about not putting anything that blocks views in the contract. The Ricketts didn't do it but they had to know they were taking over that contract. The rooftop owners are just protecting the agreement. I wish they'd settle but I can only be so mad at them.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
The question becomes who does it hurt more? And I agree, Wrigleyville would go to shit if they moved. Time to play some hardball for the Cubs! (Pun intended)

Yeap! It's time to put the "Big Boy" pants on. And also, if the Rickett's wanted to move the team, they would not have spent one minute trying to develop Wrigley Field and would have been fielding serious offers for other places long ago.

They know exactly where the treasure chest is, and it's at 1060 W. Addison.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ok ill play...

you quoted and chose to go off on me for something I posted
answer these questions and explain why ?

What did I write that would be a kind of talk that would truly be a shame and embarrassment to you as a fan ?

What did I write that that says I have blind allegiance and slavish devotion to the ricketts ?

What is posted here that I believe in and makes me gullible and stupid ?

what did I write that has me blindly supporting the ricketts which wouldn't make me a cubs fan but a schmuck ?

what exactly did I write above that says anything about believing anything the ricketts said which would now make me stupid ?

He can't figure out primate is one word. He can't answer these questions.

Liked Posts:
If this were any other ballpark, I'd agree.

But even a legit move location probably wouldn't be enough leverage. Wrigley Field is a Chicago icon, moving the Cubs anywhere else would cause a serious drop in tic sales.

And along comes the one of the few sane voices. It's quite amusing listening to all of you posers talking about the Ricketts wielding leverage that they don't have. It's one thing to but heads with the roof top owners. But the roof top owners are a very small part of Wrigkeyville. Some of you are talking about the Ricketts declaring war on Wrigleyville in general. Good luck with that. Wrigleyville/Wrigley Field is the primary reason that the Cubs gave been one of the most profitable teams in spite of the Ricketts tanking for the entirety of their ownership. That would be biting the hand that feeds you and epically stupid. If the Ricketts want to declare war on Wrigleyville, good luck with that.

In spite of what some of you seem to think, the Ricketts have the most to lose in this scenario. People won't be taking trains out to Rosemont like they do Wrigley. In fact a lot of Cubs fans don't even own cars. And if you think Wrigleyville will suffer, it probably won't be as bad as you think. A lot of 20 something's still live in Wrigley and many who live there, aren't living there for the Cubs. So there will likely still be a vibrant bar scene in Wrigleyville. If the bar scene on Division thrives while being in the Gold Coast, there's no reason to think Wrigleyville will whither away.

But meanwhile, the Ricketts can't afford to be wrong if they move the team to Rosemont. That would be the ultimate in embarrassment and shame. "Gave up on a Wrigley to fail in Rosemont" would be on their tombstones. In spite of all the kvetching by many here, the Ricketts have a great set up in Wrigleyville. And they'd be stupid to challenge the idea of whether Wrigley or the Cubs have more appeal. They simply have too much to lose in that scenario. And Wrigley is real money. Rosemont is hypothetical money. But it's easy for you guys to say they should move to Rosemont. On top of being ignorant, you also don't have anything at stake in this (other than possibly living close to Rosemont), like the Ricketts do. It's easy for you to casually say "move to Rosemont!".

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Moving is an empty threat, and the RT owners know it. Wrigley is the only MLB stadium that people flock to regardless of what's on the field.

Nonetheless, these roof top owners have been a PIA for years.

They should settle out of court via dumping a bag of German roaches in each of these establishments prior to every home game.:p

Having viewed their customers, I believe they are already there.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
And along comes the one of the few sane voices. It's quite amusing listening to all of you posers talking about the Ricketts wielding leverage that they don't have. It's one thing to but heads with the roof top owners. But the roof top owners aren't on ya very small part of Wrigkeyville. Some of you are talking about the Ricketts declaring war on Wrigleyville in general. Good. Luck with that. Wrigleyville/Wrigleh Field is the primary reason that the Cubs gave been one of the most profitable teams in spite of the Ricketts tanking for the entirety of their ownership. That would be biting the hand that feeds you and epically stupid. If the Ricketts want to declare war on Wrigley, good luck with that.

In spite of what some of you seem to think, the Ricketts have the most to lose in this scenario. People won't be taking trains out to Rosemont like they do Wrigley. In fact a lot of Cubs fans don't even own cars. And if you think Wrigleyville will suffer, it probably won't be as bad as you think. A lot of 20 something's still live in Wrigley and many who live there, aren't living there for the Cubs. So there will likely still be a vibrant bar scene in Wrigleyville. If the bar scene on division thrives while being in the Gold Coast, there's no reason to think Wrigleyville will whither away.

But meanwhile, the Ricketts can't afford to be wrong if they move the team to Rosemont. That would be the ultimate in embarrassment and shame. "Gave up on a Wrigley to fail in Rosemont" would be on their tombstones. In spite of all the kvetching by many here, the Ricketts have a great set up in Wrigleyville. And they'd be stupid to challenge the idea of whether Wrigley or the Cubs have more appeal. They simply have too much to lose in that scenario. And Wrigley is real money. Rosemont is hypothetical money. By it's easy for you guys to say they should move to Rosemont. On top of being ignorant, you also don't have anything at stake in this (other than possibly living close to Rosemont) like the Ricketts do. It's easy for you to casually say "move to Rosemont!".
Wrigley is supported by fans coming from all over. The Cubs fan base is large across the US. Your narrow world view suggests the Cubs are a local little league team and only people living in the neighborhood go to games.