Cubs trade Brett Jackson to D'backs for RHP Blake Cooper

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Diamondbacks Acquire Brett Jackson From Cubs
By Steve Adams [August 14, 2014 at 11:05pm CDT]

The Diamondbacks have acquired former first-round pick and top prospect Brett Jackson from the Cubs in exchange for minor league reliever Blake Cooper, the Cubs announced. The Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro tweets that Jackson will be assigned to Triple-A Reno in the D’Backs organization.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/08/diamondbacks-acquire-brett-jackson-from-cubs.html

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:

The Diamondbacks have acquired former first-round pick and top prospect Brett Jackson from the Cubs in exchange for minor league reliever Blake Cooper, the Cubs announced. The Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro tweets that Jackson will be assigned to Triple-A Reno in the D’Backs organization.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/08/diamondbacks-acquire-brett-jackson-from-cubs.html

Just a move to clear some space on the 40 man roster, right? Cooper doesn't seem to be anything...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Trash trade. Non story. Jackson is just another blown 1st rounder by a bad evaluating team.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Cubs seem to be attracted to those high K% guys

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Blake cooper a 26 yo RH reliever who was drafted in 12th RD in 2010 out of South Carolina.

He started in Rookie ball and seemed to move up the rsnks each year posting decent numbers.. he struggled in 17 AAA games so far this year.

Sure he will be in the mix competing for a bullpen spot in ST

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Has a better shot at making the Cubs next year than Brett Jackson did so good trade. Probably won't amount to anything but it is what it is

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not too sure why the DBacks made this trade. But I love it from our end. We got rid of BJax, who is nothing and got something. I dig.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I'm not too sure why the DBacks made this trade. But I love it from our end. We got rid of BJax, who is nothing and got something. I dig.

They are hoping they can fix his mechanics. Low risk deal for the D-Backs. No risk deal for the Cubs

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Good trade. Hopefully for Brett's sake a change of scenery can be helpful.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This looks like garbage for garbage. I guess a garbage RP has more value than a garbage OF.

How is Blake Cooper garbage? He's probably not an all-star, but it sure appears that he can be a middle reliever.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

another prospect bites the dust.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Do the Sox even have a Minor League System? If they do, ya never hear anything about them.....just sayin'......
Do the Cubs have a World Series in this millennium?