Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I could see Dunn calling it quits. I think a change of scenery could do him well. I think a NL team would really love him, but if he wants out I think he would know what is best for himself.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Probably because he would be lucky to play for 20% of what he is currently making for next season

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I could see Dunn calling it quits. I think a change of scenery could do him well. I think a NL team would really love him, but if he wants out I think he would know what is best for himself.

Why would an NL team "really love him?" His fielding is brutal and his strikeout rate is epic.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
It's easier to hit in the NL, being terrible at first isn't nearly as bad as being terrible elsewhere.

For the record: Dunn's strike out rate this year is lowest its been in 5 seasons so...

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So only 5 years until he's off the HOF ballot forever

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
captain serious your deleted post is non sense

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's easier to hit in the NL, being terrible at first isn't nearly as bad as being terrible elsewhere.

For the record: Dunn's strike out rate this year is lowest its been in 5 seasons so...

He is considered one of the worst defensive players in the history of the league. His bat is nowhere near what it was. No NL team would want him to be a full time starter. He is lucky if a team wanted him as strictly a DH.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
He can't hit or field. Why would an NL team take him?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

but but but but 1b defense is veryzz importantzz and stuffszz.

lol at some of the posts. sure he probably wont go to the hall but to use 1b defense,ba,and strikeouts is a joke. if he was a cub and was on the trade block these same idiots would want 4 top specs for him...fact.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

lol at some of the posts. sure he probably wont go to the hall but to use 1b defense,ba,and strikeouts is a joke. if he was a cub and was on the trade block these same idiots would want 4 top specs for him...fact.

Worst post ever by you

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
DancingLock.gif

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:

no just hits hrs or gets on base...but hey...its about BA right? lol

Dunn will never get close to the HOF I still can't believe someone believed that discussion to even be thread worthy. There is a reason he is still on the Sox and it isn't because his value is sky high, with multiple contenders chasing at the bits to add him to their team

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dunn will never get close to the HOF I still can't believe someone believed that discussion to even be thread worthy. There is a reason he is still on the Sox and it isn't because his value is sky high, with multiple contenders chasing at the bits to add him to their team

hof or not debate has nothing to do with his current season or no contenders wanting him right now. you just made yourself look real fucking stupid. make your arguement but dont use the fact that no one wants him THIS year as your reason.

.858 ops .360 obp 124 ops+ 460 hrs for his career line. I guess if he did hit 500 hrs he would really have to increase that BA and lower his strikeout rate even though an out is an out. maybe if he doesnt retire he can work on his defense at 1b because it is soooo important to win a gold glove at 1b..,ya know the defensive position that teams put guys at that suck at defense. unreal.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
It's not that he isn't a great defensive 1B. It's that is is completely incompetent when holding a glove in his hand and a huge liability to any team that places him there

And I wasn't saying he wasn't a HOF because this year, sorry if I wasn't clear. I was saying nobody wants him anymore which is why he is on the Sox still

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
hof or not debate has nothing to do with his current season or no contenders wanting him right now. you just made yourself look real fucking stupid. make your arguement but dont use the fact that no one wants him THIS year as your reason.

.858 ops .360 obp 124 ops+ 460 hrs for his career line. I guess if he did hit 500 hrs he would really have to increase that BA and lower his strikeout rate even though an out is an out. maybe if he doesnt retire he can work on his defense at 1b because it is soooo important to win a gold glove at 1b..,ya know the defensive position that teams put guys at that suck at defense. unreal.

What does Dunn's career line have to do with the player that he is today?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What does Dunn's career line have to do with the player that he is today?

we are talking whether or not he is a hofr. he still gets ob as a whole for the team at 18% of the total obp for the sox. still he isnt all the good anymore but if we are discussing 500 hr club and hof we have to look at his entire career. thats all im saying.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
we are talking whether or not he is a hofr. he still gets ob as a whole for the team at 18% of the total obp for the sox. still he isnt all the good anymore but if we are discussing 500 hr club and hof we have to look at his entire career. thats all im saying.

Dunn is not a HOFer. That's a Special person discussion to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.