If any Bull is poised for a break-out-season. WHO?

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
To me, break out is when a player improves over what he's been doing to at least meet his potential and then continues to do it for the next several years. If he just steps it up one year and regresses, it's dumb luck not break out.

I think Butler has the chance, all he really has to do is shoot the ball better and more consistently. One play I could see him getting done well would be after Rose drives the lane and kicks back to him, if Butler would follow Derrick's path to the basket, that looks like it could work. For the most part Rose would clear the lane and Jimmy is strong enough to take on anyone who tries to refill that hole. The Bulls have done that in the past with Deng trailing but he wasn't the best finisher in the lane.

I still wonder if there are enough minutes for Snell to do much.

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
Really, the only one I could see having a "break out" season would be Butler if he could learn to make wide open shots. He would kind of be like a more stable minded Lance Stephenson who plays better defense. Taj really had a break out season last year, but unfortunately, unless you're scoring 20+ points off the bench, you're not going to win Sixth Man of the Year.

Snell? No.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Really, the only one I could see having a "break out" season would be Butler if he could learn to make wide open shots. He would kind of be like a more stable minded Lance Stephenson who plays better defense.

bad comparison....Lance can handle and get his own bucket and a more stable minded Lance would be the best SG in the league probably

i'd say hes more like Trevor Ariza...i'd be happy with the production Ariza put up last year from Butler....but i kinda feel thats asking too much

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
bad comparison....Lance can handle and get his own bucket and a more stable minded Lance would be the best SG in the league probably

i'd say hes more like Trevor Ariza...i'd be happy with the production Ariza put up last year from Butler....but i kinda feel thats asking too much

Yeah, that's a much better comparison. When I was writing my post, I couldn't really think of a better comparison so I just went with Crazy Lance.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:

What's asking too much is expecting Butler to score 30, or even to do anything more offensively, when his job is to guard Lebron all game, and guard him as good as anyone.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Probably Snell - he seemed much more confident this summer, and I think it will translate over to this season.

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
What's asking too much is expecting Butler to score 30, or even to do anything more offensively, when his job is to guard Lebron all game, and guard him as good as anyone.

Jimmy doesn't have to score 30. Just a more consistent shot will make people happy.