Cavs Sign Marion

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Said it before, I'll say it again. LeBron is a total douche. I am completely convinced now that he went back to Cleveland not for some sense of community or returning home to lead a young team, but to trade Miami in for a newer, younger "super team" once it became obvious that the Heat didn't have what it took any more with Wade's knees giving out. Makes me sick to my stomach how all of these pieces are coming together for them. I hate the NBA these last few years because of this trend. Please, San Antonio, slam the door on this clown again next June.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
meh, he's just ringchasing.

bwilde

Liked Posts:
Indiana wasn't going to offer him much more...

Liked Posts:
fuck 'em....but that dosen't mean the 28 other teams don't have as much a shot as Cleveland does, anything can happen....and honestly, better Cleveland than Miami because I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate them and the douche aroma they produce

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
LeBron is an embarrassment. Funny how Cleveland welcomed him back with open arms, when he is so obviously full of shit.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I guess San Antonio wasn't interested in Marion if he chose Cleveland to ring chase with. Cleveland would get beat down worse than Miami did if they made the finals.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm starting to believe this move really won't matter too much...

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Indiana wasn't going to offer him much more...

Balderdash! The Pacers could offer him 3+ mil for the injury exception. However, I guess they could low ball him at 1.7Mil instead of the usual $1.4 mil vet contract for reasons I can't remember. Either way, props to him for actually taking less money to try to win. Even if he's a bitch who want's the easy way out!!!

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Shawn Marion is 36. I have no issues with him ring chasing at this point in his career. He earned the right.

bwilde

Liked Posts:
Article claimed they weren't going into the tax for him so only offered the 1.7

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good for Shawn Marion. He can still ball in NBA 2k..but can he in the real NBA? We'll see.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Said it before, I'll say it again. LeBron is a total douche. I am completely convinced now that he went back to Cleveland not for some sense of community or returning home to lead a young team, but to trade Miami in for a newer, younger "super team" once it became obvious that the Heat didn't have what it took any more with Wade's knees giving out. Makes me sick to my stomach how all of these pieces are coming together for them. I hate the NBA these last few years because of this trend. Please, San Antonio, slam the door on this clown again next June.
LeBron knows how to manipulate the modern day system in which players have the power. LeBron saw Miami was old and aging, he was back to doing all the work. So he saw his hometown team had won a bunch of #1 picks and now he could return there and bring a championship to Ohio with new younger talent. They would also have nice pieces to trade for another star in the league, to help LeBron out. Kevin Love was perfect.

The super teams of the past were built by GMs, not the players. Thats the difference now. A GM can still build a team obviously, but the best player in the NBA right now has all the power.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Yep, you just summed up perfectly what I don't like about the league right now. It screws with competitive balance when stars decide to go play with each other because it removes all of the elements that management has worked on together at the league meetings to have a better overall product with more teams having a chance to win.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To Lebron's credit, he at least made it look like the GM was pulling some of the strings this time

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lebron's got to do something. After all, he really is fucking ugly:)

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If anything, he'll give them some help on D.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
LeBron knows how to manipulate the modern day system in which players have the power. LeBron saw Miami was old and aging, he was back to doing all the work. So he saw his hometown team had won a bunch of #1 picks and now he could return there and bring a championship to Ohio with new younger talent. They would also have nice pieces to trade for another star in the league, to help LeBron out. Kevin Love was perfect.

The super teams of the past were built by GMs, not the players. Thats the difference now. A GM can still build a team obviously, but the best player in the NBA right now has all the power.

LeBron was not going back to home to play with a "young" team. He was assured in his meeting with Gilbert that they had the resources to move to compete for a championship this year. I'm betting they even discussed the possibility of trading for Love during that meeting. This main reason is why I didn't gain any "respect" for LeBron in going back home (which he even stated isn't really his home because Cleveland is not Akron), not that I had much "respect" to begin with.

czman

Liked Posts:
6'10" Wing defenders who can shoot 36% from 3 and guard multiple positions are very nice assets to add to any team.

I think this will end up being a very good signing.

The Cavaliers were missing wing defenders. Miller and Waiters are not very good. This does not bode will for the Bulls. I guess we have to hope that he hits a wall this season.