Rose's Knees On Ice

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No injury; just rest keeping him out of Team USA practice

Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
Follow

No Derrick Rose in this Team USA practice on ESPN2. "Planned light day" and knees in ice for D-Rose after his United Center return SAT night

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Roses career over :kermit:

another 3 years of 79 point games :kermit:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
THE SEASON IS OVERRRRR!!!!! :kermit:

Kizzle

Find me Realcavsfans.com
Liked Posts:
Maybe he ices his knees as a precaution now a days. But Personally I wouldn't feel the need for ice unless I had pain. But hey I'm not followed by doctors and trainers all day and I'm not being paid for the physical condition of my body so wtf do I know?. They prob just advised him to ice his knees after games from now on.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe he ices his knees as a precaution now a days. But Personally I wouldn't feel the need for ice unless I had pain. But hey I'm not followed by doctors and trainers all day and I'm not being paid for the physical condition of my body so wtf do I know?. They prob just advised him to ice his knees after games from now on.
Eventually all athletes ice their knees. Obviously, it's usually to reduce swelling and such, but perhaps since this is the most Rose has done in a long time he's a little sorer than he would be normally. Like you said, probably a precaution

Troy23

Liked Posts:
Would be nothing more than pre-caution. Geez athletes these days have ice bathes to help with recovery...

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Rose will never be the same player again, people need to accept that. I'm ok with him missing 15-20 games if he can get through the regular season without re-injuring himself.

Kizzle

Find me Realcavsfans.com
Liked Posts:
Rose will never be the same player again, people need to accept that. I'm ok with him missing 15-20 games if he can get through the regular season without re-injuring himself.

I have no idea why more teams don't play injured young players on and off. If I was a coach I would have Rose play the first 10 or so games and then when I was confident we'd be solid id let the man play every other game. But that would need a great backup PG which I think CHI has in Kirk.

That's just my opinion tho, no way Rose plays a back to back if I'm Thibbs

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I have no idea why more teams don't play injured young players on and off. If I was a coach I would have Rose play the first 10 or so games and then when I was confident we'd be solid id let the man play every other game. But that would need a great backup PG which I think CHI has in Kirk.

That's just my opinion tho, no way Rose plays a back to back if I'm Thibbs

Reinsdorf would give you one of the worst ass kickings in history if you did that. The guy is making 20mil a year. Rose is 25 years old. No reason to set out to give a guy a 40 game a year schedule.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Reinsdorf would give you one of the worst ass kickings in history if you did that. The guy is making 20mil a year. Rose is 25 years old. No reason to set out to give a guy a 40 game a year schedule.

When happens if he goes out early with another season ending injury? Do you then push him to the max the following season b/c you're paying him 20 mil?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

Rose skipped the rest of the season, despite being cleared to play. No ass kickings were forthcoming, so what are you even talking about? If Reinsdorf actually had some balls, he would have indeed pushed to give Rose minutes during the playoffs.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Soreness after two games when you, barely played ball in a few years, is normal regardless were the soreness is coming from. He needs to play and since he won't play pickup, this is the perfect setting for him. He is physically there. All this scared talk about minutes and game quotas is comical.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED! :kermit:

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
If he is healthy, that's exactly right nimrod.

And then he'll get hurt each and every time you dumbass. No wonder you're a message board blogger. That's as close as you'll ever come to being involved in sports.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
And then he'll get hurt each and every time you dumbass. No wonder you're a message board blogger. That's as close as you'll ever come to being involved in sports.

So if he goes out there..."early" and gets another injury...its because he played...too much? I guess that is why he was injured the first two times? Damn you're an idiot. Just stop posting you make everybody look bad.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Soreness after two games when you, barely played ball in a few years, is normal regardless were the soreness is coming from. He needs to play and since he won't play pickup, this is the perfect setting for him. He is physically there. All this scared talk about minutes and game quotas is comical.

Exactly. The explosiveness and speed is clearly back. Anyone with one working eye could see that. He has some rust to shed in terms of his timing and pace, but overall he looks like the old D Rose but improved. The way he is getting after it on defense now is extremely encouraging heading into the season. At this point, I think it's pretty safe to say that we can throw out the "Rose will never be the same player again" talk.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
rose not playing tonight