IST: Giants at Cubbies

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I doubt any one would fault Theo for selling Jackson to Japan for some bad sushi

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think Garrett Richards just blew out his whole leg. Fucking shame!

That looked bad. That is a shame. Hate to see a guy ever get hurt like that, and especially when he and his team are in the pennant race. Must be so tough to have to sit out, and then add the pain of the injury. Sucks.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Beating the same dead horse.....regarding strikeouts.

Do we even have a hitting coach?

How has Alcantara gotten so much worse from where he started? He had a good approach at the plate when he came up. Now he doesn't get a bat on the ball with a runner on 3rd and one out. And strikes out again later.

He is hitting .208, and does nothing offensively. When he came up, he got on, even in games without getting a hit. He stole a few bases. He scored runs.

Since Baez came up, and AA went to the 6th spot, he swings and misses everything. Is he trying to "slug" his way out of the #6 spot?

For the love of God, somebody instruct these guys!!!!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Beating the same dead horse.....regarding strikeouts.

Do we even have a hitting coach?

How has Alcantara gotten so much worse from where he started? He had a good approach at the plate when he came up. Now he doesn't get a bat on the ball with a runner on 3rd and one out. And strikes out again later.

He is hitting .208, and does nothing offensively. When he came up, he got on, even in games without getting a hit. He stole a few bases. He scored runs.

Since Baez came up, and AA went to the 6th spot, he swings and misses everything. Is he trying to "slug" his way out of the #6 spot?

For the love of God, somebody instruct these guys!!!!

He has had a increase in breaking pitches. Learning curve. Both him and Baez will be better for the learning they are getting from the league.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why they wouldn't just release Jackson....Take the loss, and move on.....

Someone has to pitch the rest of the season and it's not like these games matter. My guess is they will attempt to get someone to take him and hope for a rebound in the offseason by eating a bunch of his salary. It may seem unlikely but when you consider that teams like KC and Pitt have such salary constraints and may lose guys like Liriano and Shields they might be willing to gamble on a player like Jackson if they can get him cheap. Don't get crazy though because he's not going to bring much of anything but something is still better than nothing especially if they aren't eating every penny of his salary.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He has had a increase in breaking pitches. Learning curve. Both him and Baez will be better for the learning they are getting from the league.

I know. But it seems that before we allow them to just swing at whatever they want for two or three months, someone needs to explain a little baseball to them.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Someone has to pitch the rest of the season and it's not like these games matter. My guess is they will attempt to get someone to take him and hope for a rebound in the offseason by eating a bunch of his salary. It may seem unlikely but when you consider that teams like KC and Pitt have such salary constraints and may lose guys like Liriano and Shields they might be willing to gamble on a player like Jackson if they can get him cheap. Don't get crazy though because he's not going to bring much of anything but something is still better than nothing especially if they aren't eating every penny of his salary.

Either stop using Jackson, or pitch him every damn day for 9 innings.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why they wouldn't just release Jackson....Take the loss, and move on.....

22 mil to eat. vs spending 11 mil It could happen though. After 2 year one would expect that they would cut their losses.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
22 mil to eat. vs spending 11 mil It could happen though. After 2 year one would expect that they would cut their losses.

They can get him out of the rotation. That may cut losses on the field. But they can't cut their financial losses. They have to pay him for the duration of the contract, whether he plays or not. But I'd rather pay him to NOT pitch for me than to pitch for me.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
So....... When does Edwin get cut? Either with a razor or just from the Cubs? Either would suffice for now.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
They can get him out of the rotation. That may cut losses on the field. But they can't cut their financial losses. They have to pay him for the duration of the contract, whether he plays or not. But I'd rather pay him to NOT pitch for me than to pitch for me.

And I had stated this a while back that if the Cubs eat most of his salary like they did Soriano, and you find a taker like Beckdawg said that will need a rotation spot, long relief, or simply pitching depth, I think it will not be as hard as people think to rid him from the team. It's not like he has the baggage Big-Z had.

Also if you factor in possibly one of a (Straily, Doubront, Turner, Wada) and Hendricks in the rotation, it greatly reduces the average salary of the pitchers. If they are in the rotation and Jackson is set free, the Cubs are basically paying (?) and Hendricks 6 million apiece. Now you have to decide if that is worth it or not.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
isn't it worth trying him out of the bullpen?

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
isn't it worth trying him out of the bullpen?

Sure it is. That is another scenario of which the Cubs could lessen the blow of his contract which I had also stated in another post. He basically could take Villanueva's spot and that would drop Hendricks and Wada's salary in half on average because they wouldn't be paying Villy anymore.

I just get the feeling that they want to rid him from the team for obvious reasons and want this team moving in a forward motion and not lateral.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man does Jackson blow hard. I think my ailing grandmother could do a better job of getting quality innings then this guy. Why Theo? Why?

sent from Jimmer range using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Does this mean the CUbs are going to make excuses again if they eat salary on Jackson

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
@ESPNChiCubs: Confirming @MLBBruceLevine tweet. Starlin Castro lost a cousin and 3 friends in a car accident. Very close with all. Awful. Return unknown

I think I know who they are. I believe Starlin brought them with him on his card signing at our shop. Sad.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We can;t spend money because we are eating money on Jackson like they did with Sori, Z, and Marmol

I don't think they will this time. The team payroll and situation is much different for 2015 than it was when the current regime took over.