Is there a reason no one is talking about the LLWS?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

"SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) — Joshua Houston struck out five in five innings, and Chicago’s Jackie Robinson West beat Pearland, Texas, 6-1, in an elimination game in the Little League World Series on Tuesday night.

These kids are from Chicago and playing lights out baseball. Our Chicago pro baseball teams (especially the loser Cubs)......could learn a thing or two a winning from these kids.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-dDrQ7AaQW35-Kg&bvm=bv.73231344,d.aWw&cad=rja

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

"SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) — Joshua Houston struck out five in five innings, and Chicago’s Jackie Robinson West beat Pearland, Texas, 6-1, in an elimination game in the Little League World Series on Tuesday night.

These kids are from Chicago and playing lights out baseball. Our Chicago pro baseball teams (especially the loser Cubs)......could learn a thing or two a winning from these kids.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-dDrQ7AaQW35-Kg&bvm=bv.73231344,d.aWw&cad=rja

Well its still LLWS.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Most 12U studs aren't studs at 16. The fat kid who barely made the team becomes the D1 pitcher, etc. Has anyone actually paid attention to how big/old some of the kids are in relation to the size of the field? It isn't that entertaining. It's not any different than a local rec 12U league. That said, I would like the Chicago team to continue a deep run in the LLWS.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Most 12U studs aren't studs at 16. The fat kid who barely made the team becomes the D1 pitcher, etc. Has anyone actually paid attention to how big/old some of the kids are in relation to the size of the field? It isn't that entertaining. It's not any different than a local rec 12U league. That said, I would like the Chicago team to continue a deep run in the LLWS.

I disagree with your entertainment level, but to each their own.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I disagree with your entertainment level, but to each their own.
A 6' 13 year old doesn't belong playing on a 46/60 baseball field for his own development and the safety of others.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Cuddling? Lol. That isn't cuddling. It's called not being impressed by early puberty development and watching something that isn't good for the game. Perhaps you don't understand that LL changed the rules a while ago that made more 13 year olds eligible.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Cuddling? Lol. That isn't cuddling. It's called not being impressed by early puberty development and watching something that isn't good for the game. Perhaps you don't understand that LL changed the rules a while ago that made more 13 year olds eligible.
What change?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The ratings say otherwise on "good for the game"

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I just think it's cool to have a Chicago team win (especially in baseball).
With the way our pro baseball teams play here, it's a pleasure to see these kids show us what winning baseball resembles.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The Litle League is outdrawing 2/3 of baseball including the Cubs and Sox.

Can't wait for tonight!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Cut the attitude and explain the rule change

I don't have an attitude. The best youth baseball is played at travel tournaments on the weekends at the distance of 50/70 with open bases. LL changed the cutoff birthdate. It puts a greater number of 13 year olds on the field than years ago.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't have an attitude. The best youth baseball is played at travel tournaments on the weekends at the distance of 50/70 with open bases. LL changed the cutoff birthdate. It puts a greater number of 13 year olds on the field than years ago.

Thanks for checking the 'tude and explaining. SO prior there was a cutoff date that did not allow all 13 year old kids to play. So they fixed a wrong it sounds like to me.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
13 year olds play either 54/80 or 60/90 throughout the US. To say they righted a wrong is a false dilemma.