Do you think the bulls will win the east this season?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cavs have a coach who has never coached in the NBA- let alone a playoff series.

Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love have never played in a playoff game.

Bulls should win the East. And quite frankly, they could win a playoff series versus the Cavs without Derrick Rose. That is a bold statement but it could happen.

I think if Wade is in decent enough shape, the Heat can beat the Cavs in a series, too.

The Bulls should win the East. To me, they are favorites.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cavs have a coach who has never coached in the NBA- let alone a playoff series.

Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love have never played in a playoff game.

Bulls should win the East. And quite frankly, they could win a playoff series versus the Cavs without Derrick Rose. That is a bold statement but it could happen.

I think if Wade is in decent enough shape, the Heat can beat the Cavs in a series, too.

The Bulls should win the East. To me, they are favorites.

I don't know about this...this is a fine line between saying "It can be done." and "It will be done." I think you are a bit confident about how any team will match up with Irving, Waiters, Lebron, Love, Varajau That 5 is potentially one of the best 5's of all time in terms of elite superstars in their prime balanced out by 2 solid role players. Maybe they aren't as fast as those Heat/Thunder teams were, but its not a team I can look at and be real confident about. I think we might be able to take them...I don't know...I'll give us a chance....but shit....guarantee win the east? I can't do that. New Jersey could be tough as well as the Wizards again.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about this...this is a fine line between saying "It can be done." and "It will be done." I think you are a bit confident about how any team will match up with Irving, Waiters, Lebron, Love, Varajau That 5 is potentially one of the best 5's of all time in terms of elite superstars in their prime balanced out by 2 solid role players. Maybe they aren't as fast as those Heat/Thunder teams were, but its not a team I can look at and be real confident about. I think we might be able to take them...I don't know...I'll give us a chance....but shit....guarantee win the east? I can't do that. New Jersey could be tough as well as the Wizards again.

I didn't guarantee the Bulls would win the East. I said they should be the favorites. There's a difference.

When was the last time Varejao was healthy? People talk a lot about Derrick Rose with his couple of injuries that caused him to miss the last 2 seasons. Varejao hasn't been healthy since the last time LeBron played there. He is that injury prone.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I didn't guarantee the Bulls would win the East. I said they should be the favorites. There's a difference.

When was the last time Varejao was healthy? People talk a lot about Derrick Rose with his couple of injuries that caused him to miss the last 2 seasons. Varejao hasn't been healthy since the last time LeBron played there. He is that injury prone.

not to mention Kyrie/Love arent ironman either

Kyrie has different nagging injuries and Love breaks his hand every year

both teams have concerns on the injury front

Liked Posts:
What do you mean by favorites? Do you mean > 50% or do yo mean their likelihood is > each of the other teams (though not combined)? At this point, I'd bet on the field (not >50%) but their chances of winning possibly be better than any other team in the east.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you mean by favorites? Do you mean > 50% or do yo mean their likelihood is > each of the other teams (though not combined)? At this point, I'd bet on the field (not >50%) but their chances of winning possibly be better than any other team in the east.

The Bulls, Cavs, and Heat have similar odds of getting out of the East. Gut feeling says maybe the Bulls have a 40% chance. Cavs and Heat might each have a 30% chance.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Irving and Love both miss plenty of games. Obviously, so does Rose. The Cavs will need to score a ton of points. I just don't see how they can defend with that lineup.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I hope things work out for the Bulls, but as things stand right now nobody knows how good they will be. All this talk about coming out of the east is bs because there's no precedent for their success, as constructed.

You're also underestimating the rest of the conference. Washington is as good or better than the Bulls. Toronto is better than most Bulls fans will acknowledge. Same goes for the Heat.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It will be between the Cavs and the Bulls I believe. But it shouldn't be this hard. Why not get a good shooting guard? seriously why make it harder for yourself when you don't have to?

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I think the Bulls win the East. The Spurs probably repeat, or some other team in the West. I could see the Clippers or maybe Thunder taking that next step this upcoming season

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope things work out for the Bulls, but as things stand right now nobody knows how good they will be. All this talk about coming out of the east is bs because there's no precedent for their success, as constructed.

You're also underestimating the rest of the conference. Washington is as good or better than the Bulls. Toronto is better than most Bulls fans will acknowledge. Same goes for the Heat.
For all we know Bulls will get the #1 pick this year :elephant:

:derbulls:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Cavs team should scare you more than the Heat honestly. The Cavs have everything the heat had offensively plus Kyrie and waiters.

Love is an upgrade over Bosh, but neither Kyrie nor Waiters are an upgrade over a (healthy) Wade. Wade and LeBron had tons of playoff experience and were MVP-caliber players before they ever teamed up. Kyrie is overhyped (sorry... he is. I can name a handful of PGs I'd take over him) and neither he or Love have a single minute of playoff experience. Hell, neither of them has ever led their teams to a .500 record, so let's pump the breaks on saying they should concern us more then the Heat.

And on defense they have Varejao, and Thompson.

AmazedBottleGlassesBigEyes.gif

Ummmm... In Anderson Varejao's 10 year career, he's only eclipsed 70+ games three times, and hasn't done it in 5 years. I think of him as a good rebounder and a marginal defender. With all his lower body injuries, his lateral quickness is extremely diminished, so unless LeBron plans on living in the paint this year, he's going to need help patrolling the paint. And Tristan Thompson is a decent developing player, but I wouldn't even consider him an average NBA defender at the four. The guy can grab rebounds -- that's not being a good defender.

If we acquire Love that's one big better than Bosh and then 2 more bigs better than any big the heat had after Bosh.

I'm not following you. I agree that Love > Bosh. Honestly, the gap isn't that substantial. I think Love is a better offensive player, but Bosh's defensive contributions were extremely underrated because the Heat never had a real center (unless you count Greg Oden, which I don't. He was a fucking statue). Outside of that, I really don't think Varejao is "better" then Udonis Haslem was during their first title season. Neither is Tristan Thompson. Or Brendan Haywood

I agree if Mcdermont can score against NBA small forwards the bulls become scary. But if Micky. D fades and Noah isn't protecting you guys rim I don't see that as a good matchup at all. You'd basically have to hope Pau Gasol can control games from the paint

What leads you to believe Noah's defensive prowess is just going to disappear? He was All-NBA First team and Defensive Player of the Year. He's a tremendous defender. So is Taj Gibson. Both of them are phenomenal when it comes to collapsing on drives, rotations and understanding when to slide out to pinch guys on the wing and let other guys plug the lane. Pau's lack of defense will be easier to work around with two guys who will make few mistakes.

And then of course your whole season is dependent on a MVP caliber Rose.

Well, considering that we won 48 games without Rose, nor a primary scorer, Rose simply returning to above-league average will be a coup for this team. This team is 10-guys deep, and I'm not seeing a team who'll shine more defensively. To be honest, how successful this team offensively is going to be more predicated on how much Pau, McDermott and Mirotic contribute. The real ex-factor is Mirotic -- nobody has a clue how much Thibs will be willing to play him.

Your not scared of us, but we aren't scared of Chicago at all unless Rose is ROSE.

Seems like the media has gone with this year as a 3 team race. Cavs bulls or spurs may win it.

I'm just not seeing anyone on the Cavs outside of LeBron and Marion who will contribute on defense for a 48 minute game. On paper, I still think the Cavs are a "better" team because of LeBron. But if he has to carry them during a playoff run again, I think they'll have a similar fate to Miami last year.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
If healthy, the Bulls will win the East. After watching Rose during exhibition Team USA play, it is 100% clear he is back to MVP form. Now all that remains is acclimating back to the speed and flow of the game. Once Rose conquers that, it is the 3-team race to the MVP between him, Durant, and LeBron. With a healthy Rose in 2 seasons with Thibs, the Bulls have had the best record in the NBA. There is no reason to feel any different now especially with a deeper, more balanced roster than Rose has ever played with. A good healthy season for the whole roster under Thibs and I think this team makes it to the Finals.

The Cavs will be close behind but I feel people are seriously overrating this team at this point. They have a new coach, new system, 2 new star players, and have only 4 players with playoff experience including LeBron and Varejao. What LeBron created now is in no way better than the 11-13 Miami Heat. That team combined the 3 best position players in the NBA, including the top 2 players in the league, and all 3 in the top 5. Bosh was 24 & 11, 52%fg, 36%3pt his last season in Toronto. Wade was the second best player in the league behind LeBron. And everyone comparing him to Waiters now, are you friggin' kiddin' me?? Even just last year, when Wade played he was better than Kyrie Irving. Love is pretty comparable to Bosh in '10, minus the defense which could prove big in the playoffs.

The biggest problem is going to be defense. This Cavs team has almost none and those Heat teams had a TON. The only thing the Heat lacked was size down low. They never lacked low post defense. In fact, they had some excellent shot blockers and rebounders on those teams. Not to mention, the best perimeter defense in the league. Those Heat teams could shut opponents down defensively and dominate with such ease. I don't see that being the case for the Cavs this year.

I may not like LeBron but I always loved the Bulls-Cavs rivalry and I'm excited that it's back and in a big way. I think this is going to be a fun season to watch.