Do you think the bulls will win the east this season?

PooHdini1

Liked Posts:
I see the bulls winning the east this season If Rose is healthy because the cavs team doesn't scare me as much as the heat team did and especially the way that they played defense.

Why or why not

Kizzle

Find me Realcavsfans.com
Liked Posts:
The Cavs team should scare you more than the Heat honestly. The Cavs have everything the heat had offensively plus Kyrie and waiters. And on defense they have Varejao, and Thompson. If we acquire Love that's one big better than Bosh and then 2 more bigs better than any big the heat had after Bosh.

I agree if Mcdermont can score against NBA small forwards the bulls become scary. But if Micky. D fades and Noah isn't protecting you guys rim I don't see that as a good matchup at all. You'd basically have to hope Pau Gasol can control games from the paint

And then of course your whole season is dependent on a MVP caliber Rose.

I'm obviously biased but that's how I see it.

Your not scared of us, but we aren't scared of Chicago at all unless Rose is ROSE.

Seems like the media has gone with this year as a 3 team race. Cavs bulls or spurs may win it.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
The Bulls should be the best rebounding and defensive team in the east. If Rose stays healthy, and the Bulls can find another scorer out of Butler/McDermott/Mirotic/Snell to compliment Rose, they absolutely can win it. Too many ifs to feel confident about them at this point.

You can't sleep on Washington and Toronto. They could make things very tight for the Cavs/Bulls/Heat.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
"The Cavs have everything the heat had offensively plus Kyrie and waiters."

I'm confused by this statement. So Bosh is a better version of Love, LeBron is himself...who is Dwayne Wade if it's not Irving?

I'm also confused why I've never seen a Cavs fan here before the trade for Love was announced. Where have you been before your team was anointed the favorite in the East?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

I'm confused by this statement. So Bosh is a better version of Love, LeBron is himself...who is Dwayne Wade if it's not Irving?

I also confused why I've never seen a Cavs fan here before the trade for Love was announced. Where have you been before your team is now the favorite in the East?

Wade pretty much sucked last year, but his counterpart on the Cavs would probably be Waiters, not Irving.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Wade didn't suck 11-13 and > Irving & Waiters so Cavs fan homering it up.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you're a pessimist (who insists they're being realistic) then the Bulls will get creamed by the Cavs because Rose either won't be Rose or he'll be injured. If not that, then the supporting cast will throw up a dud. Something terrible will happen to some part of the team. It's doom and gloom before anything's happened.

It's realistic to think the Bulls can come out of the East, but it's not overly negative to think that they'll fall to the Cavs either. Imo the most realistic view at this point is that it's a toss up because we don't know a lot of things yet.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Even a broken down Wade doesn't = Waiters. There were times during LeBron's tenure that he carried that team before LeBron finally assumed the reigns as the go to guy. Maybe he's not that guy anymore, but he's certainly the Irving part of the equation (scorer/creator) if we're talking about matching up "Big 3"s.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Dwayne Wade is not an elite player anymore, and his decline is the single biggest factor in LeBron's decision to leave Miami.

Kizzle

Find me Realcavsfans.com
Liked Posts:

I'm also confused why I've never seen a Cavs fan here before the trade for Love was announced. Where have you been before your team was anointed the favorite in the East?
I was in a corner shutting the eff up holding my Dion Waiters jersey, telling myself "One day........one day well show them all"

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Everybody wants to say the Bulls can win ''''if Rose stays healthy''''''' I think the Cavs are contenders if James stays healthy. No he's never missed any significant time due to injury, but he's never been as old as he is nor had as many miles on his body. He's not an indestructible God, he could get hurt just as easily as any other player. And that would doom the Cavs chances. So full strength rosters are how to make a call and the Bulls are as deep as anybody.

The other thing is nobody seems to ever believe a Bulls player can improve, only regress while players on other teams always step up. A guy like Waiters has already shown to be a locker room issue, what if he doesn't take to being the fourth option and maybe he feels outside of Lebron's inner circle. Does he act up worse?

czman

Liked Posts:
Way to early to tell.

Health could be huge for both teams. Rose, Gasol, Irving, and Love are not pictures of health. Lebron James has logged a lot of basketball and who knows how he will age moving into his 30's. I know he has been remarkably healthy and does not appear to have lost any speed or explosiveness...at some point though father time catches everyone.

We still don't even know if Love is going to be traded to the Cavs and who is on the way out if it happens.

The trade deadline can still swing the power dynamic.

In February we will have a much better idea of where these two teams stand. That is still 6 months away.

poido123

Liked Posts:
Most definitely.

Our main competition the cavs we are more equipped to deal with their threats than anybody.

Butler is a great cover on lebron, Gibson is excellent at defending the pick and roll/pop which I'm sure love and lebron will try.

While we don't hold the flashiest offensive players, we do have some guys who can shoot and make sound shots with good ball IQ.

Gasol in the post looking for butler or rose on the cuts would be lethal. I could see gasol and Noah playing together and devastating teams with their ability to draw attention in then swing out to the open shooters.

I have a sneaking suspicion this team will be really special.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
If LeBron is healthy for the playoffs, there is a 1% chance.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
nope, we're done and will never win another championship

poido123

Liked Posts:
@shawnonometer

He's the reason why they might actually fold under the pressure lol If he doesn't lead the way in the clutch, he has no experienced playoff performers to lean on.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
GreatPoohdini, can you add a Poll to this thread and make people pick a damn team. Everyone who is posting here is a pussy and is hedging their bets by saying, "If this, if that, blah blah." Just fucking man up and pick a damn team people.

No I don't think the Bulls will win the East. I predict the Cavs will win.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I think the Bulls will win the East simply because what made the Heat so great was their great wing defenders. The Cavs have none of that. Not only do they have none of that but Irving couldn't guard a bank with a machine gun. Lebron is a great wing defender, but are the Cavs really going to ask him to be their best offensive AND defensive player? Last time I checked the Heat wanted him to do that and got romped by the Spurs. Now, the Cavs are going to be really good offensively but how good? Love is a great player but since he's joined the league the Wolves have went combined 153-323, that doesn't exactly scream leader by any means. Sure, you can make excuses like his team had bad players or at least he put up great numbers, but i'm talking about being a leader and he's shown no signs of it. So when LeBron can't bring it every night OR when it comes playoff time and the heat is on how is he going to react? That's a huge question mark.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everybody wants to say the Bulls can win ''''if Rose stays healthy''''''' I think the Cavs are contenders if James stays healthy. No he's never missed any significant time due to injury, but he's never been as old as he is nor had as many miles on his body. He's not an indestructible God, he could get hurt just as easily as any other player. And that would doom the Cavs chances. So full strength rosters are how to make a call and the Bulls are as deep as anybody.

The other thing is nobody seems to ever believe a Bulls player can improve, only regress while players on other teams always step up. A guy like Waiters has already shown to be a locker room issue, what if he doesn't take to being the fourth option and maybe he feels outside of Lebron's inner circle. Does he act up worse?

Sure, if Lebron goes down the Cavs will be screwed. I don't know about the Bulls being so deep, though. Their starting line-up and a couple of the bench guys are good. But, for the most part, their bench is pretty young at spots also pretty old at others. I'd say this group has a lot to prove. I still think that our guards as a unit are pretty weak. When you talk about improvement, these guys are keys for me.

Butler.... IF he improves as much or greater than Gibson, it would be a great thing. He could really help this team if he can become a valid shooter and ball handler. The other yet to be proven commodities are Mirotic and McDermott. Expectations are very high by Bulls fans and with expectations comes pressure. McDermott is the most significant draft pick since Rose came in and is being expected to be NBA ready. I think Mirotic, though, is the guy who if he quickly adapts to the more physical NBA game, could be a game changer.

Beyond the three players mentioned, I do not see much room for the remaining guys to improve. I think that Gibson, Rose, Noah, and Dunleavy have pretty much plateaued while the remainder, especially Gasol will be in decline.