Kukoc vs Mirotic?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have higher hopes for Mirotic. I never felt Kukoc was an essential factor in a single championship or did much but take higher percentage shots away from others.

I hope Mirotic lacks eurosoft as much as I predict he does. I think he is actually a tough guy that just needs some NBA seasoning, the real deal, he will improve from rubbing his shoulders with the best. His demeanor is pefect, and he won't allow himself to be bitched. I think he comes out fighting.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toni Kukoc was a great all-around player. Almost 7 feet tall with decent point guard skills. Nikola Mirotic would be lucky to be Ryan Anderson. Hopefully, he's not more like Vladimir Radmanovic.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can see Mirotic being like Ryan Anderson. That's actually not a bad thing imo...I think Anderson is a pretty dang good player for a stretch 4.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have higher hopes for Mirotic. I never felt Kukoc was an essential factor in a single championship or did much but take higher percentage shots away from others.

I hope Mirotic lacks eurosoft as much as I predict he does. I think he is actually a tough guy that just needs some NBA seasoning, the real deal, he will improve from rubbing his shoulders with the best. His demeanor is pefect, and he won't allow himself to be bitched. I think he comes out fighting.

What. The. Hell?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What. The. Hell?

Mirotic doesn't play like Ryan Anderson. He holds his position in the post and dunks on people. I think many of you are still underestimating or pegging him into the eurosoft hole.

Mirotic is the man. He is apt to beat most bigs up the floor even in the NBA, his athleticism is not a stiff 3 point shooter, he knows the game and he puts pressure on you defensively in a variety of ways. He was called a match-up nightmare because nobody can really handle his entire skill set by themself.

I think he could fall just short of the all-star game but be in that David Lee level of popularity very early. I believe he upside as a post player is David Lee, and his outside shooting is Ryan Anderson.

So if you cross Ryan Anderson with David Lee, ok, I see the similarity.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i have to say Kukoc but i haven't seen much of Nikola and he has never played a game in the NBA

if Nikola can give us Ryan Anderson production im cool with that

i remember that game he had against us....dude was unconscious

[video=youtube;htax6Hhj4y0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htax6Hhj4y0[/video]

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mirotic doesn't play like Ryan Anderson. He holds his position in the post and dunks on people. I think many of you are still underestimating or pegging him into the eurosoft hole.

Mirotic is the man. He is apt to beat most bigs up the floor even in the NBA, his athleticism is not a stiff 3 point shooter, he knows the game and he puts pressure on you defensively in a variety of ways. He was called a match-up nightmare because nobody can really handle his entire skill set by themself.

I think he could fall just short of the all-star game but be in that David Lee level of popularity very early. I believe he upside as a post player is David Lee, and his outside shooting is Ryan Anderson.

How much have you smoked today?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is nothing like Ryan Anderson. I am a big Ryan Anderson fan. The guy is a competitor, I would say that there winning percentage the last 2 seasons revolves around him and his time missed to injuries. This is supported by a look at the splits stats. They are a decent team with him, a little above average, and below average without as they waited for Davis to fill out.....which has happened and his importance is in the background again, obviously the team now revolves around Davis going forward.

However, Mirotic is a post player who plays in the post and likes to hit you for 3 on the fast break, or sneaking outside with good movement still in his young legs. But he'll go post up far more than Anderson does.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mirotic hits 3s and can rebound. Anderson hits 3s and can rebound. How is he nothing like Anderson? They're at least sort of similar...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Anderson rebound that well?

Anderson gets 6.4 rebounds per game, but I view him more as a SF if he were on an elite team, whereas Mirotic is a PF and I hope he can collect more than 4.0 defensive rebounds per game in 30+ minutes. Anderson is scrappy and unathletic, but Mirotic is a legitimate banger.

Mirotic is way more athletic than Anderson. Throw Anderson back in the draft last year and where does he go? They say Miro goes #4!?? So if he is no better than Ryan Anderson why is there the discrepancy?

Mirotic is far more explosive up the court and a more cohesive cornerstone of an offense instead of a guy you just need to not lose track of to stop (Anderson).

I will say no more about this for now, until we all see him on an NBA court, my matrix of calculations looking at his body type, speed, agility, form, and passing predicts he is NBA top tier talent and can push Gibson on day 1, not necessarily stepping in as a better PF, but one that gives you different things than Gibson and how we utilize them both to the best of their ability will be the story of our season after Rose health.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Anderson rebound that well?

Anderson gets 6.4 rebounds per game, but I view him more as a SF if he were on an elite team, whereas Mirotic is a PF and I hope he can collect more than 4.0 defensive rebounds per game in 30+ minutes. Anderson is scrappy and unathletic, but Mirotic is a legitimate banger.

Mirotic is way more athletic than Anderson. Throw Anderson back in the draft last year and where does he go? They say Miro goes #4!?? So if he is no better than Ryan Anderson why is there the discrepancy?

Mirotic is far more explosive up the court and a more cohesive cornerstone of an offense instead of a guy you just need to not lose track of to stop (Anderson).

I will say no more about this for now, until we all see him on an NBA court, my matrix of calculations looking at his body type, speed, agility, form, and passing predicts he is NBA top tier talent and can push Gibson on day 1, not necessarily stepping in as a better PF, but one that gives you different things than Gibson and how we utilize them both to the best of their ability will be the story of our season after Rose health.
HOW HIGH ARE YOU

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
HOW HIGH ARE YOU
tumblr_lvlyf4WDGW1qjo0wb.jpg

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Another, compare white guy to white guy thread?

He's going to have his own game.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
You're saying that mirotic is better than a six man of the year. A guy who consistently hit big shots for championship teams. A huge reason the 93-94 & 94-95 Bills were any good. Okay. Whatever man.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

You said pegging :troll:

czman

Liked Posts:
You're saying that mirotic is better than a six man of the year. A guy who consistently hit big shots for championship teams. A huge reason the 93-94 & 94-95 Bills were any good. Okay. Whatever man.

Who is talking about Thurman Thomas.

Back on topic though, can't we wait for Mirotic to play 20 games in the NBA before we start comparing him to players who have averaged over 18 PPG. Why is there a rush to talk about how good everyone is going to be before they get there. When he reaches his peak we can talk about how good is compared to any player you want.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Totally disagree on Kukoc. In 1998, he was pivotal. Especially game 7 in the ECF against the Pacers. You totally underestimate Kukoc here.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
LOL Whoa typo. Never post on my phone. :( Thurman was a stud though.