The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
From the Tribune:

New York Post columnist Phil Mushnick isn’t a big fan of Showtime’s “Inside the NFL” using Brandon Marshall as a regular analyst this year.
His Sunday column labeled the Bears receiver a “miscreant” and included this passage:

“Rinse, lather, repeat: Since his rookie year with the Broncos in 2006, talented WR Brandon Marshall, now with the Bears, has relentlessly coveted and won extra on-field TV attention through unsportsmanlike, me-first, excessive demonstrations, not to mention extra off-field attention. Frequently arrested, he eventually earned a suspension for violating the NFL’s personal code of conduct.

“And that must explain why of all the active NFL players that Showtime/CBS’ 'Inside the NFL' could this year choose as a regular player/panelist/analyst, the shot-callers chose Brandon Marshall.”

The assessment seems a bit harsh. While Marshall did have problems earlier in his career with Denver, he acknowledged in 2011 that he has been receiving treatment for borderline personality disorder. During his two Pro Bowl seasons with the Bears, his headlines have occurred on the field.

Showtime isn’t holding Marshall’s past problems against him. The network believes Marshall has plenty to say, and won’t be shy about saying it.

malcore

Since Marshall's turnaround, he has been highly sought by the media, because he has a lot to say and has become interesting and thoughtful in his answers. The media also loves people who change and overcome adversity.

NY columnist is just doing his bernstein/rosenberg schtick.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Frequently arrested? I must have a different definition of frequently.

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This fucker is just looking for page views and and attention. Anyone that follows football know Marshall has cleaned up his act as well as anyone possibly could have. Fuck this guy for taking the low road to gain attention...

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are a couple of headlines in the liknk.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Do people not know about the New York Post?

Its a rag on par with fox news.

So its just above MSNBC and CNN. All twist the facts, but I haven't heard of other stations going to the length to selectively edit 911 calls.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuckin who? Never even heard the man's name before. Jimmies are still intact.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is just butthurt that Marshall is miles better that any WR that had played for either the Giants or Jets.

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:
columnist sounds like he needs a good solid throat punch

I have always been a fan of the throat punch or a good thumb on the Adam's apple it is a very tactical move if you need it during a scrap!

I believe Marshall's ginormous receiver mitts would be good suitors for this d bag columnist's eso****eal region!

Perhaps they can have a meet and greet in NYC after an "inside the NFL" recording.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
f034859192afbb0ce84ffd3ab3520f2f10bbb05d349f8a10c57e7aa569c2c650.jpg