Columnist calls Brandon Marshall a 'miscreant,' blasts Showtime

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
This guy is always writing stuff like this. He try's to start stuff with everybody. Everytime he gives outdated or leaves out info. The guy is a bum

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If this guy was a woman even i might punch him.

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
Phil Mushnick...where have I heard that name before...

[video=youtube;M86c6DqaHTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M86c6DqaHTw[/video]

Oh right, he's THAT asshole.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A guy with the name Mushnick shouldn't be throwing stones at anyone. Obviously this is a guy who went to MORONatti's school of journalism.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marshall could start an OT thread and Ommy wouldn't get mad. This guy can suck it.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd like to start seeing journalists being held responsible for shit like this.

Not for us. We obviously know of Brandons past. But we also know what he has been since has has come to Chicago. Which is nothing short of amazing on and off the field.

But some of his readers in New York might not know and may take his word as gospel. And that is very unfair to Brandon.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It's the New York Post. That's like, the run and shoot of the newspaper world.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read the NY Post most every day, and am very familiar with Phil Mushnick. Most of the time he makes fun of announcers and sports talk show hosts that make statements that are incorrect or bad predictions. Some of it is funny, I think that is the goal. He is like every other guy out there, looking to write something that people are going to read, and try to stir things up.

Brandon Marshall is a freak in that most guys that get themselves into trouble a lot (i.e. wide receivers) never change. Brandon Marshall has been like a saint since he came to Chicago.

Sportswriters will be sportswriters, end of story. They do their thing.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You read the post every day?

NY post, not the Washington post?

Last edited:

MidwestDichotomy

Liked Posts:
Fuckin who? Never even heard the man's name before. Jimmies are still intact.

I have, but only because I'm a pro wrestling fan. Mushnick has waged a one-man crusade against the perceived evils of the wrestling industry in the pages of the New York Post for upwards of two decades now. Every time a wrestler dies, evev if he never worked for WWE, Mushnick writes a column basically hanging the McMahon family in effigy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do people not know about the New York Post?

Its a rag on par with fox news.

This is like calling for family values and then playing footsie in a stall or going on a holiday 'hike' in the mountains. Guy is a dirt bag calling out a reformed dirt bag with a valid reason for his former actions instead of praising him for turning it around, helping his team get better beyond his own play and others to get the help they need.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I read the NY Post most every day, and am very familiar with Phil Mushnick. Most of the time he makes fun of announcers and sports talk show hosts that make statements that are incorrect or bad predictions. Some of it is funny, I think that is the goal. He is like every other guy out there, looking to write something that people are going to read, and try to stir things up.

Brandon Marshall is a freak in that most guys that get themselves into trouble a lot (i.e. wide receivers) never change. Brandon Marshall has been like a saint since he came to Chicago.

Sportswriters will be sportswriters, end of story. They do their thing.
So we've come to it's OK to wrongfully slander because everybody does it. For someone not as intimately familiar with Marshal as Bear fans, he'll be viewed as having never changed when his actual influence on his surrounding over the past 3 years have been hugely positive.

Rawky

Liked Posts:
Who the hell is this guy? And why should I care that he obviously hasn't paid any attention to Marshall for the last 4 years

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Yes, Marshall had his issues earlier in his career. To his defense, he actually has a MEDICAL issue that may be the cause. As someone who had a mother with borderline, I can tell you that shit ain't no joke.

But let's look at Marshall - NOW - TODAY:

- He apparently has become a Christian. Now, you can decide what that means, but hey, since he has, he's clean his shit up. Dude has been a model citizen since coming to the Bears.

- He's incredibly photogenic. Great looking dude who dresses very cool. That makes for good TV.

- He's got the gif of gab. Never a lull when he's on NBC on Sunday nights.

- He's a great analyst of the game (when he does the telestrator thing with Laurence Holmes).

- He's on the best players in the game today.

- Dude has swagga

So with that, why WOULDN'T they want him on tv? What other receivers? A guy who is suspended (Morgan), a guy who dresses like he's at a WuTang show (Green), a guy who is boring, quiet and really has nothing to say (Megatron)? The only other receiver I can see being a possible option with the swagger, camera-friendliness, etc is Victor Cruz.

B Marsh is a no brainer for that sort of gig. Peanut would be as well.

Anyone hear Patrick Mannelly on The Score at camp? Dude was awesome.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
He's going to be on tomorrow with Matt Spiegel on the 9-1 show.

I was blown away by how smooth and composed he was - on his first day. I'd imagine most folks would be shitting bricks. Dude was a pro.

But I much prefer watching LaDanian Tomlinson on NFL Network. His alliteration and command of the language reminded me of a young Eric Dickerson!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Out of towner not doing his homework.....

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I contacted Phil Mushnick and his response was:

- the gripe seems to be with the word "miscreant" in the headline. I don't write the headlines. Wish I did. Thanks - mushnick

I just wrote back and told him it goes a bit deeper than that. We feel that it should be noted that Marshall has reformed and been a model citizen on and off the field for the last few year.