Cubs Draft Standings

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Guess with 33 games remaining its not to early to keep an eye where they stand for the 2015 draft, especially since they were suppose to be a choo in to be the worse team in baseball ever this year and epstein/hoyer were purposely trying to lose to get that no.1 pick.

As of right now here the top ten from worse to ten..

1. Rangers 78 losses
2. Rockies 77 losses
3. D-Backs 75 losses
4. Astros 74 losses
5. Redsox 73 losses
6. Cubs 72 losses
7. Phillies 71 losses
8. Twins 70 losses
9. Whitesox 70 losses
10. Padres 68 losses
Reds 68 loses

Cubs are just as close to falling out of top 10 as they are to drafting in top 3..

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Rangers sure fell hard after being in the WS.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Guess with 33 games remaining its not to early to keep an eye where they stand for the 2015 draft, especially since they were suppose to be a choo in to be the worse team in baseball ever this year and epstein/hoyer were purposely trying to lose to get that no.1 pick.

As of right now here the top ten from worse to ten..

1. Rangers 78 losses
2. Rockies 77 losses
3. D-Backs 75 losses
4. Astros 74 losses
5. Redsox 73 losses
6. Cubs 72 losses
7. Phillies 71 losses
8. Twins 70 losses
9. Whitesox 70 losses
10. Padres 68 losses
Reds 68 loses

Cubs are just as close to falling out of top 10 as they are to drafting in top 3..

Bringing up Baez and Alcantara is a signal they are not tanking. I believe if they end up out of the top ten is will not be a big issue. Getting Baez and Hendricks major league exp means more than another protected pick. Exp if they target Lester. He will not cost a pick.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Bringing up Baez and Alcantara is a signal they are not tanking. I believe if they end up out of the top ten is will not be a big issue. Getting Baez and Hendricks major league exp means more than another protected pick. Exp if they target Lester. He will not cost a pick.

Agreed. If they were tanking, they would just lay down and not put up any fight at all. The Cubs were 4-15 after the Shark/Hammel trade. Since then, they are 12-9.

Not great, and they do have some stiff competition coming up, but these guys are most certainly playing for a roster spot next year and they are trying to win through a season where it would be very easy to just call it quits.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You add Lester, subtract Jackson. Add Soler and Bryant. Add a power LH bat in LF this team starts to look interesting.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Agreed. If they were tanking, they would just lay down and not put up any fight at all. The Cubs were 4-15 after the Shark/Hammel trade. Since then, they are 12-9.

Not great, and they do have some stiff competition coming up, but these guys are most certainly playing for a roster spot next year and they are trying to win through a season where it would be very easy to just call it quits.

It depends on who is starting that game with the Cubs.

Wada: 3 wins. 1 loss. 2 games blown by the pen.
Hendricks: 5 wins 1 loss 1 rain delay. Pen saved.
Arrieta: 2 wins, 3 losses. Pen won 2 lost 2.
Jackson: 1 win after the ASG. 1-6.
Wood: No win sense 6/15. enuff said

Jackson has been getting the hate but Wood is in the same boat. The diff here is contract amount and last year's results. Take away those factors both have sucked.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
As baseball season enters its final month, heres an updated standing on the no, 1 draft pick...

1. Rangers 83 losses
2. Rockies 82 losses
3. D-Backs 79 losses
4. Astros 79 losses
5. Twins 77 losses
6. Red sox 76 losses
7. Cubs 76 losses
8. Whitesox 75 losses
9. Phillies 74 losses
10. Mets 73 losses

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They had Edwin Jackson, Travis Wood stinking it up, Darwin Barney, Scheirholtz not hitting at all, Villanueva making starts, Lake playing terribly, Olt playing terribly.....and are .500 since mid-May.

Thinking they can be .500 for a whole season with Baez, Soler, Alcantara, Bryant, a full year of Arrieta and Hendricks and Wada......and a possible addition of a TOR starter isn't unrealistic at all.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They had Edwin Jackson, Travis Wood stinking it up, Darwin Barney, Scheirholtz not hitting at all, Villanueva making starts, Lake playing terribly, Olt playing terribly.....and are .500 since mid-May.

Thinking they can be .500 for a whole season with Baez, Soler, Alcantara, Bryant, a full year of Arrieta and Hendricks and Wada......and a possible addition of a TOR starter isn't unrealistic at all.

For starters B aez is 0-for just about every day. Alcantara is a little better but he has a long way to go. Bryant is still in the minors. Soler is the only one that has looked the part.

To be honest if they end up with Soler, Castro and Rizzo next year and Baez hits AAA to work it out I'm ok with it.

It would be fun to see Valbuena at 2B with his new HR power with them. If Baez needs more time and Bryant makes a fast adjustment I'm good with it.

To be honest here Baez struggled with AAA pitching up til the last month. He is a long study. Bryant on the other hand adjusts better in general.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
To be honest here Baez struggled with AAA pitching up til the last month. He is a long study. Bryant on the other hand adjusts better in general.

Yeah, I think that's probably exactly why we wouldn't want to send Baez back to AAA... he's adjusted there... major league pitching is what he needs to adjust to.

For as great a season Bryant had, he didn't end it on a particularly high note (at least by his standards). Batted .237 with just under 40% strikeout rate over his last 10 games.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
what do you think they add?

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Beating the dead horse, and seeing that the Cubs need to get a little left handed help, I still think Melky Cabrera is an obvious target. If you can string together Castro, Baez, Bryant, Castillo and Soler from the right side, and have Coghlan, (switch hitter Cabrera), and Rizzo from the left (all good LH OBP's), it gives a good mixture to the line-up. Then, with the switch hitting Alcantara as super sub, plus Valbuena, Valaika, Ruggiano, and Baker, you have depth on the bench plus an already emerging bullpen.

Nab a TOR pitcher like a Shields on a short to moderate contract and I can see the Cubs making a realistic push for a WC spot. It would definitely be a young team growing together with a nice complimentary veteran presence to say the least IMO.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Beating the dead horse, and seeing that the Cubs need to get a little left handed help, I still think Melky Cabrera is an obvious target. If you can string together Castro, Baez, Bryant, Castillo and Soler from the right side, and have Coghlan, (switch hitter Cabrera), and Rizzo from the left (all good LH OBP's), it gives a good mixture to the line-up. Then, with the switch hitting Alcantara as super sub, plus Valbuena, Valaika, Ruggiano, and Baker, you have depth on the bench plus an already emerging bullpen.

Nab a TOR pitcher like a Shields on a short to moderate contract and I can see the Cubs making a realistic push for a WC spot. It would definitely be a young team growing together with a nice complimentary veteran presence to say the least IMO.

No reason for this type to do so

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

shields will be the 3rd ranked FA per mlbtr. short and moderate? I want an overnight fed ex delivery of whatever drugs you do.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk