Is Coghlan a keeper?

Liked Posts:
It seems like he's always on base. It could be a hot streak or it could be that he's simply a good player that will have a lot of hot streaks. He had a good run at one point in Miami. Did the Cubs catch a break in acquiring him? Do you feel like he's here to stay?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I like Coghlan and I think he can be a steady vet-type of player to help the young players next season, but if Cabrera is available for the right price in FA, his numbers are better. That's why people keep mentioning him on the forum.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
It seems like he's always on base. It could be a hot streak or it could be that he's simply a good player that will have a lot of hot streaks. He had a good run at one point in Miami. Did the Cubs catch a break in acquiring him? Do you feel like he's here to stay?
I hope they keep coghlin as a no.4 OFer, id rather have him then Lake in that spot.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Define keeper. He'll probably be starting next year and maybe the year after but I have no illusions of him being a 4-5 year player for the cubs unless it's off the bench.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I think he starts next year depending on what the Cubs decide to do with Kris Bryant position wise. Not sure if they plan on him playing in the OF from the start, or have he pegged at 3B. I guess we will see if they trade one of the young SS

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I do not know to be honest. Arb3 next year and he has a arb4. He is in the same boat Valbuena is in IMO. Both have 2 years of arb left. I would sell both. But that is just my take.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I think the Cubs should start Coghlan, Alcantara, Soler in the OF and Rizzo-Baez-Castro-Bryant in the infield when May comes around next season

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

theo :fap:

but Id flip him for 1 top spec and 3 mid level specs and cash.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I think the Cubs should start Coghlan, Alcantara, Soler in the OF and Rizzo-Baez-Castro-Bryant in the infield when May comes around next season

There are a couple of free agent outfielders worth taking, I would try and land one, and then let the other three battle for the remaining two spots in the outfield. Even with all four, there is enough room for guys to get plenty of playing time.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jed did note that they are also looking for a bat. LF is the only logical spot if they do.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Melky Cabrera could be a fit I suppose, Nelson Cruz but he will get a fairly big deal I imagine after this year. Not a lot of options that match up with the age of the team moving forward. After next season though Almora and Schwarber could be in position to earn an OF spot so anything more than a 2 year deal is unlikely, which likey keeps them from netting the top available guys at that position