Should the Bears keep Josh Bellamy?

PeteMicheals

Liked Posts:
He has very much impressed me (for those who are not bear fans, he wears number 11).

He made this catch earlier in the Jag Game, that I about fell to the floor. I think he has loads of potential and could potentially take over for the number 3 from Josh Morgan or Santanio Holmes when one of the other inevitably fails.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
No, 1 catch doesn't cut it for me. I'll take the proven players, along with Williams and Wilson.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Anyone remember Brittan Golden or the other 7 foot WR a couple years ago that made 1 or 2 big time catches in preseason? Me neither.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
unless he makes an impact on ST he's gone...morgan, williams, holmes behind marshall and Alshon...along with MWilson set to return sometime later in the season has the WR group stacked.....

PeteMicheals

Liked Posts:
unless he makes an impact on ST he's gone...moragan, williams, holmes behind marshall and Alshon...along with MWilson set to return sometime later in the season has the WR group stacked.....

Will Williams even make this team?? He has shown us 1 catch. Josh Bellamy also has the ability to return kickoffs

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Will Williams even make this team?? He has shown us 1 catch. Josh Bellamy also has the ability to return kickoffs

Williams has been limited with a hamstring injury from said catch. Look at some of his CFL footage, dude can ball out.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

he's this years Joe Anderson....

he'll be gone...doesn't have the potential to challenge for a solid WR spot, nor enough upside on the return game when compared to Williams IMO....not to mention perry looked okay on the returns as well...

maybe he'll end up on the PS...

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
he's this years Joe Anderson....

he'll be gone...doesn't have the potential to challenge for a solid WR spot, nor enough upside on the return game when compared to Williams IMO....not to mention perry looked okay on the returns as well...

maybe he'll end up on the PS...

I think if we keep any project WRs, it'll be Spurlock.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
He is getting cut along with spurlock IMO unless he is some ST ace. We have marshall, Jeffrey, Wilson, Morgan, Holmes, and Williams.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Bellamy has no chance to make the roster.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Spurlock was more impressive to me but I dont think either make the roster.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
I think Morgan is gone. He doesnt offer anything on special teams. Whoever makes the squad in the 5 and 6 WR spots will have to be high upside specials teamers and that could mean anyone at this point. 1. Marshall 2. Jeffery 3. Holmes 4. Wilson 5 and 6 Best special teamers. Considering that the bears WR 4 will barely see the field on offense, this is how I see it breaking down

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Morgan offers no upside as a receiver or special teamer. He is a possession WR. The Holmes signing basically moved him right off the roster unless Holmes really tanks it here before saturday cuts

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Isn't it easier to teach a guy to play teams than teach a guy to be a possession WR?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I thought Bellamy was great in Trading Places.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
No. terrible hands.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The special teams value is a concern with Josh Morgan. That may keep him from making the roster. Emery is going to pull some move before the 53 is announced, whether a trade or waiver pick up from another team (not necessarily for WR but could happen for another position).

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no way morgan gets cut.

BM, AJ, Holmes, Morgan, Wilson, Williams. Bellamy MAYBE on the PS, but I think Spurlock looked better (can't remember if he's eligible, think not)

PeteMicheals

Liked Posts:
no way morgan gets cut.

BM, AJ, Holmes, Morgan, Wilson, Williams. Bellamy MAYBE on the PS, but I think Spurlock looked better (can't remember if he's eligible, think not)

I agree Morgan won't get cut. I think Bellamy is our 6th out.

BM, AJ, Holmes, Morgan, Wilson, Bellamy.

I dont think Williams has shown us enough to keep him