IST: Soler v Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Castro better end up scoring cause this game should be tied now

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Castro has to get a 2B off that. Great to see the young guys putting things together here. Soler just seems so comfortable during his ABs.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Castro's bone head play cost the Cubs a possible tie. Which may or may not be a good thing

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Im Rickey , castro sitting on bench for not running out of box..

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wow! Baez hits a screaming liner. Castro thinks he hits a homerun and only gets a single. Dumb play. Ball hits the wall and Baez doesnt score and Castro has a single.

I didn't see what Baez did. Did he go back to the bag thinking he would tag up?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I didn't see what Baez did. Did he go back to the bag thinking he would tag up?
They didn't show, im guessing he did cause Hamilton looked as if he had a beat on ball then it seemed to just explode to wall

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
And that goes for Bryant too. If Bryant is going to have some months of lumps, do it now, right? It has a negative affect on off-season FA as well as the 2015 season IMO

I disagree. I think Bryant is a little more mature than Javi. Javi has a little cockiness to him, imo. I'd like to see Javi stop loading up on sunflower seeds while at bat for instance. I think the Cubs know this, and is the main reason they wanted him up first.

Furthermore, Javi will be just one of the guys next year instead of the sign of the future so to speak. Personally, I think the Cubs brass is handling it perfectly.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Wanna see Chapman vs Baez. 90 % he K's, 10% he hits it to Wrigley. Imagine Baez getting a hold of a 100 MPH Pitch

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chapman thought it was gone. Baez missed it and almost took it out. I want to see that matchup again. I think Baez could hit one close to 500 off his fastball

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Damn just missed.. looked as if Chapman and Phillips thought it was gone... nice come back late, errors cost them tonight
Great to see a good start for soler.. hopefully rizzo back tomorrow and we score 10 runs and win

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I think this is the type of thing that gets Castro traded, imo, not to mention salary wise.
im a big castro fan but when he does that crap he aggravate the hell out of me.. even more so now with the younger kids up which is why Renteria needs to do address it

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
When was the last time you guys were excited about a Cubs loss? Even losing the game was exciting is my point. Wait until we get a couple more pitchers and a few more prospects. Watching the Cubs is fun again. Personally, I think we're in for a ride.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Too bad they couldn't have stored Turner in AAA to get him ready for starting. I like him as a 1 inning guy right now. He is very hittable right now. Errors or no errors he was not fooling anyone with his stuff.

At this point I'm waiting to see what Felix brings in the DH. To be honest I would feel better with them retaining Wood, Arrieta, Hendricks and Wada then going for Lester. No one else has come close to looking like a answer.

Seems like a decent game. Even in Iowa these guys lost games but they brought some excitement where ever they played. We are stating to see it now which is only a good thing.

There will be growing pains.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
im a big castro fan but when he does that crap he aggravate the hell out of me.. even more so now with the younger kids up which is why Renteria needs to do address it

Just got a better look at that play. Not much hustle from Castro but it didn't make any difference as Baez screwed up by going back to second instead of going half way and staying there. Castro had to hold first because Baez was at second. Rookie mistake.....best to be doing it now in a lost season. Another reason why these kids have to be up here to learn.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
42 days until a real team plays in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.