Wolves' owner basically calls Love Carlos Boozer the remix!

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
You would've given the guy a max contract and a blowjob to stay, why try being honestly critical now? Love was honest about wanting to leave and left the team in a good position to build something.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
He's the new Chris Bosh without the defense?

I think there's some truth to what's being said, though. He's supposed to be this major piece of the puzzle, but he's clearly the third wheel here if Irving continues to develop. Probably not fair given what he did for the T-Wolves, but that's the way people will perceive it.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Love is a gifted offensive player and a barely average defender. There is nothing profound about the Timberwolves owner's statements.

Cleveland will get abused by offensively inclined rosters during the regular season. However, solid team defense and above average offense w/LeBron as your anchor makes you a contender during the playoffs in this league today.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't ever remember Boozer having 3pt range, leading the league in rebounds, and having a 4 year stretch of averaging 24-14 shooting 45% from the field, 37% from 3 and 82% from the line.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Nothing wrong with what the owner said. He was asked his thoughts and gave an honest assessment without really saying anything derogatory about Love.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I don't ever remember Boozer having 3pt range, leading the league in rebounds, and having a 4 year stretch of averaging 24-14 shooting 45% from the field, 37% from 3 and 82% from the line.

Booz and Love are mediocre defenders who can score and rebound, that's the point.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

Yea no shit and let's not forget that Boozer was NEVER the best player on any team he was on. Love is in a different stratosphere when it comes to basketball skill.

I have no clue how the OP gleaned that reference from what Taylor stated. He said everything that pretty much everyone has been saying for months... Love is terrible defensively and has injury issues. That doesn't make him Boozer at all. I disagree that Love will take the majority of the blame if things don't go well. That will fall on Irving, who was THEIR #1 pick that they just signed to a big extension.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Yea no shit and let's not forget that Boozer was NEVER the best player on any team he was on. Love is in a different stratosphere when it comes to basketball skill.

I have no clue how the OP gleaned that reference from what Taylor stated. He said everything that pretty much everyone has been saying for months...Love is terrible defensively and has injury issues. That doesn't make him Boozer at all. I disagree that Love will take the majority of the blame if things don't g o well. That will fall on Irving, who was THEIR #1 pick that they just signed to a big extension.

Unlike Love, Boozer was on a perennial contender and had to share the spotlight. Boozer in Utah was either 1 or 1A and has the Allstar jerseys to prove it. Love has NEVER sniffed the PLAYOFFS. He may as well be World B. Free.

Yes, it does sound just like prime Boozer. If prime Boozer was the only gun on a team with a non shooting PG like Rubio instead of prime DWill he would have approached 25 a game too and shot a higher percentage doing it.

[I disagree that Love will take the majority of the blame if things don't g o well.

Yes, he will b/c Kyrie will assume the Wade role while Love will get the leftovers like Bosh. I guarantee Love's numbers are going to look a lot closer to Bosh and Boozers than what he did in Minn. He is going to have to fight Varejo for rebounds too.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I disagree that Love will take the majority of the blame if things don't go well. That will fall on Irving, who was THEIR #1 pick that they just signed to a big extension.

No it won't for several reasons. Irving is the youngest of the Big 3 so mistakes can be excused. He also has been the most loyal of any of these guys. He signed a long-term extension with the Cavs even before knowing that LBJ/Love were coming. He set things in motion. Had he said "Fuck the Cavs, I'm outta this joint," who knows how everything would have unfolded.

LBJ can probably do no wrong at this point (short of leaving Cleveland in 2 years). He could go on a murdering rampage in downtown Cleveland and fans would likely forgive it.

If the team fails, the outsider (Kevin Love) will take the heat, especially if his numbers drop off from his time in Minnesota.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

or having the 3rd best PER only behind the 2 best players in the league

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
No it won't for several reasons. Irving is the youngest of the Big 3 so mistakes can be excused. He also has been the most loyal of any of these guys. He signed a long-term extension with the Cavs even before knowing that LBJ/Love were coming. He set things in motion. Had he said "Fuck the Cavs, I'm outta this joint," who knows how everything would have unfolded.

LBJ can probably do no wrong at this point (short of leaving Cleveland in 2 years). He could go on a murdering rampage in downtown Cleveland and fans would likely forgive it.

If the team fails, the outsider (Kevin Love) will take the heat, especially if his numbers drop off from his time in Cleveland.

He only signed that contract because it was his first contract. Everyone signs their first contract after their rookie contract. Everyone. Even lebron and melo did. Doesn't make him loyal. It's life changing money that you don't pass up.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
LOL at underselling Love here.

Hey dummy, that's what the owner of the Timberwolves said, not me. Love can pass and shoot better than Booz, but that's not the point. Sheesh, is this isn't nuclear physics people.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey dummy, that's what the owner of the Timberwolves said, not me. Love can pass and shoot better than Booz, but that's not the point. Sheesh, is this isn't nuclear physics people.

And again it's an undersell to boil Love down to a guy who can simply "score" and "rebound" and try to draw a sad line to Carlos Boozer. That's like me trying to defend someone saying Bill Russell and Diekembe Mutombo are similar players because "they are centers who couldn't really score but could block shots"

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Booz and Love are mediocre defenders who can score and rebound, that's the point.

Sure, but Love can score more and rebound more. He's a top ten player. Boozer never was even close to that.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
The point of Glen Taylor's comment is that Love's weakness is defense. Basically, he's not a franchise player, which is ok because he now has LeBron to be Superman for him.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The point of Glen Taylor's comment is that Love's weakness is defense. Basically, he's not a franchise player, which is ok because he now has LeBron to be Superman for him.

And his point is idiotic

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
He only signed that contract because it was his first contract. Everyone signs their first contract after their rookie contract. Everyone. Even lebron and melo did. Doesn't make him loyal. It's life changing money that you don't pass up.

There were rumors that he wasn't happy in Cleveland and wanted out. So there was some serious doubt as to whether he would or not.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Unlike Love, Boozer was on a perennial contender and had to share the spotlight. Boozer in Utah was either 1 or 1A and has the Allstar jerseys to prove it. Love has NEVER sniffed the PLAYOFFS. He may as well be World B. Free.

Yes, it does sound just like prime Boozer. If prime Boozer was the only gun on a team with a non shooting PG like Rubio instead of prime DWill he would have approached 25 a game too and shot a higher percentage doing it.

Without D-Will, Boozer NEVER would've been an all-star. That is pure fact. He scored the majority of his points on pick-n-roll in his prime and had not only the best pick-n-roll coach in Sloan, but the best pick-n-roll PG in the league in D-Will. Without those two, Boozer doesn't even come close to approaching Love's numbers. The guy was a 2nd round pick for a reason.

[I disagree that Love will take the majority of the blame if things don't g o well.

Yes, he will b/c Kyrie will assume the Wade role while Love will get the leftovers like Bosh. I guarantee Love's numbers are going to look a lot closer to Bosh and Boozers than what he did in Minn. He is going to have to fight Varejo for rebounds too.

So if Love is assuming the "Bosh role", which I think is ludicrous because this is an entirely different team, he would take more of the blame? Wade got the blame for the Heat failing last year and you have Kyrie as the "Wade role". For one, you don't trade 2 #1 picks for a perennial all-star and MVP candidate last year to have him get "leftovers" on offense. Love is CLEARLY option two on that team. In my eyes, Irving is the real X-factor here which is why I think he will get more blame if they fail because he is so highly regarded right now. You already know what you are getting with LeBron and Love. Irving is the question mark.

And :lol: at Love fighting Varejao for rebounds. I needed a good chuckle today.