Wolves' owner basically calls Love Carlos Boozer the remix!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The guy was a 2nd round pick for a reason.
Slightly over the top imo...Boozer proved himself a good player in Cleveland which was why Utah wanted him in the first place. Utah's system and DWill definitely helped his cause, but it's not like he would've been a bumbling fool his entire career if he hadn't gone to Utah. Probably would've been paid a lot less though...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I never noticed, but does Love yell a lot while playing? Did he have a history of saying "Grab dat shit Rubio"? "I got 30-30, that's all that matters, yo."

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Slightly over the top imo...Boozer proved himself a good player in Cleveland which was why Utah wanted him in the first place. Utah's system and DWill definitely helped his cause, but it's not like he would've been a bumbling fool his entire career if he hadn't gone to Utah. Probably would've been paid a lot less though...

i agree Boozer was decent with the Cavs

but i also agree Sloan made him look better than he was

most Jazz fans will tell you Boozer had the same problems in Utah as he had in Chicago

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Nothing wrong with what the owner said. He was asked his thoughts and gave an honest assessment without really saying anything derogatory about Love.

He said he wasn't a franchise player a few years ago. Now it's sour grapes because he said it again? He spoke his truth.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
i agree Boozer was decent with the Cavs

but i also agree Sloan made him look better than he was

most Jazz fans will tell you Boozer had the same problems in Utah as he had in Chicago

To say Sloan made Boozer look better than he was is just a negative spin of saying he bought the best out of Boozer. That is like saying Phil Jackson and the triangle made Scottie Pippen look better than he was. Either way, that is still an indictment on Thibodeax and Rose b/c he wasn't used the same way. Boozer still had to hit the shots and that is not something just any old power forward can do. Conversely, Boozer made DWill look good too by finishing the assists. It is not like DWill and Sloan would have made Charles Oakley a 20/10 guy who shoots 55%.

As far as Utah, they haven't sniffed the WCF since. They just lost to better teams in SA and the Lakers. Fans need a scapegoat when their teams lose. To that extent, Utah and Chicago share the same problem. Easier to blame Boozer than Rose when Rose struggled too.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
There were rumors that he wasn't happy in Cleveland and wanted out. So there was some serious doubt as to whether he would or not.

No, there was no doubt. Every player signs his second contract after his rookie contract. It is life changing money. You don't pass it up.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

He was an undersized PF (he's only really about 6'7" TOPS) with terrible defense & suspect shooting when he came into the NBA. That's why he fell to the 2nd round, and oddly enough, I wanted him but the Bulls FO took Roger Mason Jr instead. Now that does not mean he was untalented, because he was and still is, but it's rare that 2nd round picks become anything remotely close to all-star caliber. He wouldn't have been a bumbling fool if he hadn't gone to Utah, in fact, he probably would've been similar if he stayed in Cleveland but some of that would be owed to playing alongside LeBron. However, if he was not in either of those situations, I don't think he'd ever have been an all-star or averaged 20+ppg.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was an undersized PF (he's only really about 6'7" TOPS) with terrible defense & suspect shooting when he came into the NBA. That's why he fell to the 2nd round, and oddly enough, I wanted him but the Bulls FO took Roger Mason Jr instead. Now that does not mean he was untalented, because he was and still is, but it's rare that 2nd round picks become anything remotely close to all-star caliber. He wouldn't have been a bumbling fool if he hadn't gone to Utah, in fact, he probably would've been similar if he stayed in Cleveland but some of that would be owed to playing alongside LeBron. However, if he was not in either of those situations, I don't think he'd ever have been an all-star or averaged 20+ppg.
Yeah I guess that's fair. I agree that he wouldn't have been an all star outside of those situations. I think he could've still been a solid 15/10 guy in most other places though. He was close to that here as well for a time which really isn't that bad.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Yeah I guess that's fair. I agree that he wouldn't have been an all star outside of those situations. I think he could've still been a solid 15/10 guy in most other places though. He was close to that here as well for a time which really isn't that bad.

One, to say he would not have been a All Star outside of Utah, you can say that about a BUNCH of guys. Would Malone be a Hall of Famer without John Stockton? How about Worthy without Magic and Pippen without Jordan and the triangle?

Two, the one thing NOBODY can take away from Boozer is his rebounding. Rebounding translates everywhere. How many players put up 15 and 11 their 2nd year? Boozer would have been an All-Star PF regardless, but it does help to have someone feed him to ball. Like i said before, he still had to hit the shots. And he has shot a high percentage his entire career.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol salty owner is salty. Love is much better than Boozer.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Lol salty owner is salty. Love is much better than Boozer.

And when Love is averaging 17 and 9 like Bosh and Boozer as the third wheel I will repost the thread. And I better not hear no complaints about HIS defense.

Liked Posts:
So "basically" the OP is asserting Boozer and Love are the same player.